Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 61

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryoscop

harryoscop Well-Known Member

They could debut in Infinity War Pt 2 and have their own film in 2021

2. universeman

universeman Well-Known Member

They could I would love for F4 to go back to Marvel :yay: but looking at FOX F4 and X-Men they have this realistic tone in there movies, that yeah I can see a team up, but it seems they can't do a team up also Big G/Surfer doesn't fit the tone of the F4/X-Men's movies they fit more with MCU, now FOX wants a team up while Marvel wants Big G/Surfer. Fox can't do a team up without Marvel's ok Marvel can't use Big G/Surfer unless FOX gives them back the rights, if there is any talk going on this would be the best deal it works out for both sides FOX gets to do there team up while Marvel can use Big G/Surfer in Phase 4. :woot:

3. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya if marvel had ff rights back. Like I said earlier we could hold it off to be within say 1st through 3rd film for phase 4. So again thst would put us around 21 to 22 time frame. Gives us 5 to 6 yrs from this reboot out this yr. And much longer break from first series. It just sucks fox didn't give them ff back last yr. With how close marvel did almost have them back.

4. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

I wanna see Spidey and Human Torch trade quips.

5. Green Goblin

My ideas for the 2017 reboot film
    - Focus less on the love story and more on the "expanded high school cast" of students and teachers
    - 16 years old, been Spider-Man for 1 year but no major villains yet.
    - Keep the modern vibe from ASM
    - Mysterio and Kraven for the villains, Mysterio origin story but no origin for Kraven outside of being mentioned
    - Mysterio perhaps is exposed as a fraud by Spidey, leading to his motivation to kill him
    - Spider-Man's Origin explained through a Scarecrow Arkham style dream Mysterio illusion
    - No Avengers, except for mentions or a small cameo
    - Set up the Sinister Six
    - Previously done villains shouldn't appear but could appear in sequel(s)
    - Tease Oscorp/Osborn
    - No SHIELD or other ********
    - Cast Harry, MJ etc as actors of a similar age to Holland!!!!

6. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

I LIKE IT! Great job! I agree with no SHIELD. Don't want it getting into USM Cartoon territory,

7. Webhead2006

I doubt we will see shield in films again for awhile. As it is right now pretty much coulson small group in work with talbot and the US govt.

Avengers we most likely gets nods or refrenced to maybe a small scene or two with one member.

Osborn come on I bet he will be there as a background bit supporting player. To build him up over the srries. And wait to turn him into goblin to a later film. I still hope for mysterio as film. Main threat. Or vulture. But leaning on mysterio more. As he is a better visual threat. Plus gives us ways to include ben and spider bite as crazy hucciations from gasses he used on spidey and what not.

8. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Isn't Samuel Jacksons contract practically out? They'll probably have to recast. I SAY Denzel for Fury!

9. NotSoLongAgo

NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

He said he wanted to renew though

10. Webhead2006

Actually Samuel has one more. But he has said he will likely be reup his contract but hasn't had the talks yet with marvel. So I doubt fury be recast any time soon. Stark is likely going to be the first big role to recast soon.

11. NotSoLongAgo

I'd really prefer that they just retire Stark.

12. Webhead2006

Kevin has said countless times mcu will be like bond. And they will have stories continue and new actors come in as needed. I do say once robert does leave. We should have a hold of no stark for 2 or 3 films. Before we bring in next guy.

13. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Mmm, yes DiCaprio for Stark... getting way off topic.

I'm gonna love seeing Tom grow up over the years into the handsome adult Peter we all know and love. Hope we get a full happy ending with Peter having gone through Gwens death, meeting Mary Jane getting married and having a kid and going from Midtown to ESU and having a role in Horizon Labs and the Bugle and even seeing him grow up to own Parker Industries! Just the pefect Spidey story. And I want ALL of his supporting cast too. I want Harry, May, Eddie, The Bugle Crew, Liz, Flash everyone all the villains. I want this series to be the Harry Potter of Spider-Man films. 8 films of Peter growing into the greatest hero of all time and burn it into peoples mind so that when Spider-Man pops up the first thing people think is.

"Damn, Tom Holland was great in that."

14. Webhead2006

Yes I really hope we get and use spidey vast supporting guys this go.

15. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

David Hasselhoff.

16. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Oh yeah , I totally forgot 616 Fury is white. I also forgot David Hasselhoff played him. I wonder if people would be okay with them casting a white actor as the new Nick Fury?

17. Webhead2006

I diubt that would happen. Again as I pointed out and as we already seen in the case of norton, howard and the guy who was that one warriors three guy in thir 1 guys will just get replaced and we will continue on. Now sure when robert, the chris's leave it will blow. But I am sure the marvel guys will find just as great of choices to replace them. I do feel bad for the poor sap to replace robert.

18. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

^ The original Fandral actor is named Josh Dallas, and the only reason he was replaced is because he was cast as Prince Charming on ABC's Once Upon a Time and could therefore not reprise his role.

19. NotSoLongAgo

It's definitely going to be different though. Those guys didn't bring anything special to their characters tbh. I'd rather they move forward just changing the roster while keeping a few familiar faces than straight up recasting the very iconic roles. But oh well we'll see what ends up happening

20. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Because no matter how good he is he'll never live up to RDJ's A-List portrayal of the character?

21. Avenger

Avenger Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Which is funny because the only reason he even played Fandral is because he replaced Zachary Levi, who was originally cast to play Fandral in the first movie, but had to drop out because of his commitment to NBC's Chuck.

22. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

^ It's a crazy circle: Dallas repaces Townsend replaces Levi replaces Dallas.

BTW, if you're not watching OUaT, you really should, as it's a really good series.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  23. Green Goblin

What do people think of my idea of explaining the origin through a mysterio illusion?

24. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

do we need the origin in any way though? do people care? I feel like people would complain if they dedicaded even a single scene to that. If something, a nod through dialogue would be a lot better and then just move on

25. Johnny-Oh

Johnny-Oh "You got heart, kid"

I don't want an explanation or flashback to the origin, its simply not necessary.

I also don't like the idea of Mysterio hating Spider-Man, they've done that to death. Maybe the Vulture would be a better villain for the first solo movie, give him a goal that is completely unrelated to Spidey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.