Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - Part 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man 2 has one. And Guardians kind of has one too, or at least credits coming over Starlord's dance, if I recall correctly.
Not the style of Raimi's Spider-Man intros, time consuming with no film footage.

Not the style of Raimi's Spider-Man intros, time consuming with no film footage.

But apart from something like James Bond, you don't really get intros for films anyway, not even in films from years gone by. They usually have credits coming over film footage. Maybe "My Best Friend's Wedding" had a stylised intro. I think the Sound of Music had one.

But most films with credits are like the opening to The Devil Wears Prada:

[YT]U36Re30pHUI[/YT]

This style would actually suit an opening to a high-school Spider-Man movie quite well, with some footage showing him getting ready for school, maybe missing the bus and resorting to doing some web slinging to beat the traffic. Then there could be a short scene with him webbing a bank robber, telling the cops "they're welcome", and doing other cheeky things along the way while ending up late for class and hauled out to the front by the teacher who likes to harass him.

It could be a bit similar to the Power of Love scene from Back to the Future where Marty is late and trying to beat the traffic on his skateboard, except that it could have some credits going over it possibly, or they could skip with the credits completely but just have the scene as an opening.

[YT]0yGZ2fQfM-A[/YT]

I would prefer that sort of thing to a recap of his origin. I think it would suit the style of a John Hughes movie more than a Raimi-style recap from Spider-Man 2 or an Incredible Hulk opening credits with the origin in the background.

I loved them too, but the first one was unnecessary.

Raimi's intros were unnecessarily long but they were a staple of the series. Last movie I remember having an intro like that was DOFP

Civil War trailer next week? Ruuuuuuhewwwwwwwwww! It's coming out in front of Spectre in Russia enxt Friday, November 6th. Russian movie theater chain Cinema Park announced the news on the popular Russian social network VK.

Finally!! It feels like I've been anticipating this trailer for months now. Do you guys think we will see any of Peter/Spider-man? I'm not convinced we will, but feel free to prove me wrong Marvel! ;)

I loved those Raimi Spidey intros
So much nostalgia in them :yay:
So...how about them webshooters?
Pretty sure everyone is unanimously in favour of them
Civil War trailer next week? Ruuuuuuhewwwwwwwwww! It's coming out in front of Spectre in Russia enxt Friday, November 6th. Russian movie theater chain Cinema Park announced the news on the popular Russian social network VK.

giphy.gif

Spectre would have also made sense. But what's done is done.

It would of done but I suppose Star Wars also being Disney makes that the better option for them.
The trailer could have definitely been attached to both. The main factor of trailer attachments should be what will be seen by the most people, regardless of distributors. The last Bond film made a billion dollars. There's no reason the trailer couldn't have been with Spectre, then subsequently Mockingjay, and then The Force Awakens. That's why Marvel film trailers are often attached to DC movies: they're films that reach similar large demographics comprised of people with similar interests, despite being different companies.

But, if we were to go strictly off of distributors, Spectre would also make sense, since Civil War contains a character that belongs to Sony.

Distributors should have little-to-no impact on what's attached to what. The main factor is what will be seen by the most people. The last Bond film made a billion dollars. There's no reason the trailer couldn't have been with Spectre, then subsequently Mockingjay, and then The Force Awakens. That's why Marvel film trailers are often attached to DC movies: they're films that reach similar large demographics comprised of people with similar interests, despite being different companies.

But, if we were to go strictly off of distributors, Spectre would also make sense, since Civil War contains a character that belongs to Sony.

I never thought about it like that I really know very little about this kind of stuff. I don't know maybe they just want to torture us by keeping us waiting? ;)

It doesn't make any sense to wait 'till December, they could release it next week and still show the trailer in front of Star Wars

Could have sworn I read a rumour somewhere that a teaser would land in November before a full trailer in December, can't remember where though

Really ****ing annoying that they'll wait all the way till December for Star Wars.. But what are you going to do? so whatever.

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 just casted Pom Klementieff as one it's key characters:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/pom-klementieff-guardians-galaxy-2-835183
(I think she's going to be Moondragon)

But anyways, GOTG2 comes out on May 2017 and begins shooting in June of next year. (Same time as Spidey) I think this might mean that Marvel are currently going through the casting process for Spider-Man 2017 right now and we're going to be getting some casting news very soon. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"