Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's not enhanced anymore than they are. So what's this talk about someone needing to be enhanced in order to sign the Accords? I don't think that's a requirement.
But it says:
Captain-America-Civil-War-Trailer-1-Sokovia-Accords.jpg

"Framework for the Registration and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals"
herry.. theres no way they are cameo-ing all those people ... wishful thinking but its not happening

They ought to though, so that it really feels like everyone is affected and it's not just the Avengers. It could be like X-Men The Last Stand where you saw dozens of mutants lining up to get the cure, or even First Class where Prof X and Magneto are trying to recruit random mutants. All these people have 1 or 2 second appearances.
This. They need to have a scene of a dozen superhumans signing the accords, and this is where Daredevil and Jessica Jones can easily fit in.

The accords thing likely isn't going to end in CW, so maybe JJ season 2 can show her on the run from the Government.

Last edited:
They ought to though, so that it really feels like everyone is affected and it's not just the Avengers. It could be like X-Men The Last Stand where you saw dozens of mutants lining up to get the cure, or even First Class where Prof X and Magneto are trying to recruit random mutants. All these people have 1 or 2 second appearances.

there's plenty of cameos we'd love... but so far the Films arn't referencing the TV shows (even though they should)

Wait a minute is the magazine coming out this Friday or next Friday? The date on the cover says Dec 11. Guess we'll have to wait another week.

But it says:
Captain-America-Civil-War-Trailer-1-Sokovia-Accords.jpg

"Framework for the Registration and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals"

Then "enhanced" must have a broad definition according to the provisions of the Accord - eg the fact that Hawkeye is using enhanced weaponry despite the fact he's not enhanced himself. Iron Man would fall into that category too, since he's not super powered without his armour.

And if that is the definition, then Bobbi Morse uses enhanced batons.

Because Hawkeye and Stark are clearly not enhanced without their weapons. The same could be said of Black Widow.

Spider-Man is a different kettle of fish to them. But at this point, people wouldn't know whether he's Inhuman, or uses some kind of technology to give him spider-like powers, or whether he's something else completely.

Then "enhanced" must have a broad definition according to the provisions of the Accord - eg the fact that Hawkeye is using enhanced weaponry despite the fact he's not enhanced himself. Iron Man would fall into that category too, since he's not super powered without his armour.

And if that is the definition, then Bobbi Morse uses enhanced batons.

Because Hawkeye and Stark are clearly not enhanced without their weapons. The same could be said of Black Widow.

Spider-Man is a different kettle of fish to them. But at this point, people wouldn't know whether he's Inhuman, or uses some kind of technology to give him spider-like powers, or whether he's something else completely.
Yeah, this makes the most sense. Anybody who uses enhanced weaponry or is enhanced themselves must abide by the accord.

Wow, that's like the majority of the MCU.

Spidey boy no they haven't said directly spidey is a minor role. Again we don't know for sure yet still how much time. But again its not saying we expect all his scenes to be solo scenes. He likely going to be bulk of his time shared with others. And one scene solo. And again like I pointed out many times. With the stuff peter likely to do and he has to interact with x characters. Then the reports of two costumes. Aunt may and fight scenes. He yes isn't a lead role or lead supporting. But he isn't just a cameo role or one scene. No way he just out of blue comes and out of blue gone. They still need to set things up with him.

Also going by avenger films time frame which is likely deal to expect. As with how many folks are in the film. Tony and cap will have the most. Then we likely see falcon, bucky, vision, witch the next most. Then warmachine, bp, spidey, ross, freeman role, Sharon carter, and zemo and crossbones filling in with less time and what not. As I said in thread tony and cap like be clocking in 45 to 50 mins. The second group around 30 to 35 mins. Then the rest falling into 10 to 20 min range.

And I bet freeman role be the smallest as he shot only 5 days. Then next up general ross, and Sharon carter. Then zemo and crossbones.

Yeah, this makes the most sense. Anybody who uses enhanced weaponry or is enhanced themselves must abide by the accord.

Wow, that's like the majority of the MCU.

Which is why it would be good to have small cameos from the TV and Netflix side of things.

In the Star Trek films (before the reboot), during the TNG years, they often had cameos in the movies of either certain crew members or characters. And this worked both ways. Some people from the movies appeared in the TV series as well (eg Alice Krige as the Borg Queen in Voyager).

The MCU should adopt a similar approach. It's not like it's going to make Civil War crowded, because in normal movies there are often hundreds of extras or supporting cast members. These characters could just appear to show that they are there and are affected by the Act.

Never expected for him to be a part of that sequence anyway. What would Spidey be doing in Germany?
More like, what was Tom doing in Germany? :huh: Maybe he wasn't filming...

So I guess he only filmed for 1 week in Alanta? :csad:

Well his role isn't gonna be this bigest role.Like many have been expecting. He'll have a Vision like role of screentime. Easily filmable in one week. Especially when half the Spidey scenes are CGI with stunt doubles likely shot indoors.

I think Tom filmed inside a studio and not on the Germany set. He could have been finishing up his NY scenes considering he got cast late in the game.

I'm starting to think he won't join any team, but will still meet Tony and Possibly Steve. Based off what Feige said he may not be too keen on joining these heroes.

I'm starting to think he won't join any team, but will still meet Tony and Possibly Steve. Based off what Feige said he may not be too keen on joining these heroes.
Yep, Feige said he would be unsure about the Avengers. Maybe he doesn't idolize them like we thought.

Yep, Feige said he would be unsure about the Avengers. Maybe he doesn't idolize them like we thought.

That just makes me so much more interested because we don't know what this version of the character thinks about the Avengers. So many questions to be answered.

That just makes me so much more interested because we don't know what this version of the character thinks about the Avengers. So many questions to be answered.
:up: There's so many different dynamics for Kevin and Jon to play with now that he's a part of the MCU.

I'm thinking that Spidey will be neutral in Civil War, proving Mayimbe to be full of **** yet again. Lol, what if that LR rumor about Stark making Peter's suit turns out to also be ********? nothing would please me more. :woot:

Who's to say we won't get nods and refrenced to jj or dd in the film. We don't need them actually seen to still play a part into story. If we see any of the defenders it's more likely chance in one of the infinity wars films then as much as we want civil war.

Again just cause he isn't mentioned in this ew spread or their set visit. Maybe it was before or after spidey stuff was done. Or more likely then not spidey stuff is still embargoed for some time. So he can't be talked about.

God every time spidey isn't mentioned why the hell does everyone automatically think oh no spidey isn't in the film. No he is only going to be one scene. No wait he is just a post credit scene. There is many reasons why spidey wasn't mentioned as I said above.

Also again come on folks all the stuff we know about spidey and filming time. Spidey has to be in more then one or two scenes. Just on setting up spidey and peter. Meeting folks. Being in a fight scene or two. And the aunt may and costume stuff. Seesh folks really need to stop thinking spidey is a super tiny bit.

Again I am not saying he will have a huge role. Or I expect him to be a lead supporting. I don't expect that. As the leads are tony and steve. And the main support players are bucky, falcon, hawkeye, black widow, vision and scarlet witch likely.

But still as I pointed out before a intro scene, meeting stark or steve, at least two fight scenes, aunt may scene, and a likely goodbye scene. He has to be in at least 4 to 5 scenes to make sense and set up and all. And again I dont expect him any more then ten to 15 min range. And likely if he is in film for ten mins give or take.

He is likely sharing most of thst time with the avengers and badguys. So if he is ten mins let's say. He likely spend 7 mins with most of the cast. Then the a aunt may scene and maybe a scene by himself take up the remaining 3 mins. That is not an unexpected amount of time of scenes he likely to appear in. On what the film likely to be around 2 hr and 20 min mark.

Last edited:
Remember that Atlantafilming Twitter account. I think the guy said there would be plenty of Spidey scenes. I can't find any of his tweets because they are deleted though.

Again really folks need to chill. There is many reasons again why spidey hasn't really been talked about. And we know marvel likes to keep things close to vest. Again we still have 5 whole months to film is out. And plently of time for spidey info to be revealed via marvel.com, newspaper or magazine spreads. Interviews from talk shows and entertainment shows. Let along posters toys and what not.

So folks really need to stop thinking as I said again just cause we at the present moment don't know what is what. Spidey can and likely will have a decent role in film. Again with all the possible scenes we have to have and the costume stuff. And aunt deal. This is not just a stan ler cameo. this is not just a post credits scene. And he is not going to just be one or two scenes. That is the most logical train of thought with info we have.

The only one who said Spidey would be getting two costumes is Latino Review (who also said Stark would build Peter's Webshooters) and that Marvel First dude on Twitter.

And Webhead, you are forgetting that some people don't want Marvel to reveal Spidey (even though it's definitely going to happen)

Well, Stark giving Peter a suit came from the leaked emails. It wasn't very specific so we don't know if it was referring to his final suit or an Iron Spider suit. This could have very easily changed since the leaked emails, and is likely the "source" behind LR's rumor.

Oh it would be very interesting to see marvel not show spidey in any trailers or promo stuff. But come ib heck this is spidey we are talking about. And all the marketability he has they are more then likely going to use him. Plus we know marvel wanted to use him for yrs.

Again I never expected spidey stuff to be revealed in first trailer and promo stuff. As the film is still cap film and focus is for cap and tony. But again we have more then enough time for things to drop for spidey.

And harry besides the two suits or tony marks shooter stuff. Shooters stuff likely bs. I am more going on other reports. Ie the aunt may info we know is true. A possible bedroom scene per that atlanta props house story. Other reports on fight scenes and expect more of spidey due to stunt workers or cgi scenes. And again putting that all together. And this being set up too for spidey.

4 to 5 scenes he will be in or apart of is not to far off to expect. Again we have to have a intro scene, meeting avengers, fight scenes, aunt may/bedroom scene, and a likely telling off and or goodbye scene I do not think is out of the realm of how spidey scenes are likely to be.

Last edited:
If Spidey turns out to be neutral (which makes the most sense when you start putting the pieces together) then I'm not sure what that will mean for his screen time. (We'll find out in the next EW issue)
Well, Stark giving Peter a suit came from the leaked emails. It wasn't very specific so we don't know if it was referring to his final suit or an Iron Spider suit. This could have very easily changed since the leaked emails, and is likely the "source" behind LR's rumor.
Yeah, that was Pascal's suggestion for the deal. And we already know she doesn't get anything about the character. :dry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"