Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Sony I'd want to reveal MY character for the first time by MY terms and with MY logo associated with it. Why is that such a bad thing? Once they show him for the first time an remind people that he's still Sony's property, they're obviously going to let Marvel go nuts with him.
Okay, first of all, Spider-Man is not THEIR character. He belongs to Marvel Entertainment/Disney, that's why Sony have rules and requirements for what they can and cannot do with and to the character. Marvel can do whatever they want in the comics. And second of all, Spidey would benefit A LOT more if he's revealed in a trailer with other heroes. That would instantly get people interested. The last thing people want to know is that Sony is still involved, remember all of those "Spideys back at Marvel!!" articles and videos? A lot of people are under the impression that Sony has minimal to zero involvement with this version of the character, and that clearly excites/satisfies fans.

Last edited:
Okay, first of all, Spider-Man is not THEIR character. He belongs to Marvel Entertainment/Disney, that's why Sony have rules and requirements for what they can and cannot do with and to the character. Marvel can do whatever they want in the comics. And second of all, Spidey would benefit A LOT more if he's revealed in a trailer with other heroes. That would instantly get people interested.
This is obviously a conversation about the movie universe, so don't get technical. Sony owns his movie rights, so in this context he's 100% Sony's character.

What makes you think he won't be in any of the trailers? We have around 100 days until Civil War comes out. Plenty of time for advertising. Patience dude, nothing says they need to start advertising him now. I still think they're going to showcase him for the first time during a Super Bowl spot.

This is obviously a conversation about the movie universe, so don't get technical. Sony owns his movie rights, so in this context he's 100% Sony's character.

What makes you think he won't be in any of the trailers? We have around 100 days until Civil War comes out. Plenty of time for advertising. Patience dude, nothing says they need to start advertising him now. I still think they're going to showcase him for the first time during a Super Bowl spot.
I do think it's very likely that he will show up in the trailers, I never said he wouldn't? My point is, Sony would benefit more from Marvel showing him in a Civil War trailer with other heroes as the "first look" as opposed to Sony doing it themselves.. Just sayin.

Anyways, I don't really care all that much, as long we see the suit.

I do think it's very likely that he will show up in the trailers. My point is, Sony would benefit more from Marvel showing him in a Civil War trailer with other heroes as the "first look" as opposed to Sony doing it themselves.. Just sayin.

Anyways, I don't really care all that much, as long we see the suit.
So you're saying if Sony chooses to showcase Spider-Man first before he appears in trailers it will hurt them? Where's the logic in that? :huh:

im thinking theyll be saving spidey until the last minute.

It would be for the best to save him until the film.

It would be for the best to save him until the film.
What's the point of them trying to hide Spider-Man? How do they benefit from doing that besides a superficial surprise for fans? They have WAY more to gain from promoting him, and there's no way they're going pass up that golden opportunity, I just don't see it happening. It just doesn't make any sense from a Financial perspective. And the movie releases in different countries at different times, so it'd be practically impossible to keep him under wraps.

It's way more trouble than it's worth, honestly.

Last edited:
What's the point of hiding Spider-Man? How do they benefit from doing that besides a superficial surprise for fans? They have WAY more to gain from promoting him, and there's no way they're going pass up that golden opportunity, I just don't see it happening. It just doesn't make any sense from a Financial perspective.

Sure it does, for Sony at least. The ga would be way more excited about Spidey if they didn't know much about him in the film. This would in turn make them more excited for the solo film.

Sure it does, for Sony at least. The ga would be way more excited about Spidey if they didn't know much about him in the film. This would in turn make them more excited for the solo film.

I dont even know. But for now. Refer to the sig

And the GA is what matters most - not us geeks on a forum or on a fanpage that attempt to know every little thing. :funny:

I seriously doubt they would not reveal anything before civil war releases. What point would be to hold things to release. Let alone like I said hold everything on solo to april or later.

Again we have 4 months to civil war is out. We are still a few weeks to another month and a half before second and 3rd trailers. And tv spots coming out. Again we still could easily see things come out soon.

Also again the likely deal is sony wants to reveal title, villain and costume first under sony banner. So folks see sony still invovled with spidey and it's not just marvel.

Then once that happens then we likely will see pics, concept art and footage come out. No way they won't have some promotion at all.

Also what silly idea to say spidey universe and characters won't be able to be used or mentioned in aos, netflix or the non mcu films he isn't in. He is now apart of mcu. You can't have him and not have refrenced and Nods elsewhere that makes utter no sense.

And what makes you think the trailers will spoil Spidey's role? I wouldn't expect anything more than a few quick flashes and some dialogue. I actually think it'd benefit Sony more if they advertise the fact that he's in the film and part of the MCU. It'll make people excited to see him fight alongside other heroes and how he fits into the story, plus Marvel gets a boost in ticket sales. Everybody wins.

I seriously doubt they would not reveal anything before civil war releases. What point would be to hold things to release. Let alone like I said hold everything on solo to april or later.

Again we have 4 months to civil war is out. We are still a few weeks to another month and a half before second and 3rd trailers. And tv spots coming out. Again we still could easily see things come out soon.

Also again the likely deal is sony wants to reveal title, villain and costume first under sony banner. So folks see sony still invovled with spidey and it's not just marvel.

Then once that happens then we likely will see pics, concept art and footage come out. No way they won't have some promotion at all.

Also what silly idea to say spidey universe and characters won't be able to be used or mentioned in aos, netflix or the non mcu films he isn't in. He is now apart of mcu. You can't have him and not have refrenced and Nods elsewhere that makes utter no sense.

What's your proof of this? All your assumptions have been wrong so far so I don't know why you're so sure of what you said.

Yo, Father Time can you explain it to them?

Father Time: I'll tell eventually guys. Just chill yo.

Aii, thanks cuz.

And what makes you think the trailers will spoil Spidey's role? I wouldn't expect anything more than a few quick flashes and some dialogue. I actually think it'd benefit Sony more if they advertise the fact that he's in the film and part of the MCU. It'll make people excited to see him fight alongside other heroes and how he fits into the story, plus Marvel gets a boost in ticket sales. Everybody wins.

I'm just imagining a lot of the GA doesn't know he's in the film, or think he has a cameo. Then when they see him show up in the movie having an important role, they would freak out, and it would have a greater impact on them than if they knew he was in the movie. Now i'm not opposed to seeing him in marketing, but I could see a benefit.

If they decide to show him in the movie and not the marketing that would have a huge impact on word of mouth in a positive way.

I'm just imagining a lot of the GA doesn't know he's in the film, or think he has a cameo. Then when they see him show up in the movie having an important role, they would freak out, and it would have a greater impact on them than if they knew he was in the movie. Now i'm not opposed to seeing him in marketing, but I could see a benefit.
If any of them watch TV or use the Internet (Because let's face, most people do), then they'll know before they see the movie due to the movie releasing at different dates in different countries. There will be pictures/screenshots of Spider-Man in Civil War all over the web. It's impossible to keep him a secret, so the surprise is going to be ruined anyways.

If they advertise him in promotional material, then they can still hype him up; and get people super excited to see him.

Ofcourse they know Spidey is on CW. Im saying they should keep his footage, merch and design secret. The fact that he's in it is already out there.

Johnny what would be the point of making deal with marvel and marvel getting to use spidey in there filns. If oh if toy go see doctor strange or thir movie or say next season of shield and you can't refrence character or his world of events. That doesn't work with him officially a part of mcu. Why would you have him then be oh sorry you can't talk about him in other films or shows at all. Defeats purpose of the whole deal.

Plus also again we are roughly 5 months from film abooting. Again no way we won't see or have official details and info on solo come out. Again title. Villain and costume are more then likely to be revealed soon. More so with casting coming about soon and then cast getting locked in.

And plus again the likely deal is as we know it's a work in progress with sony and marvel. They are just working out the kinks. Again likely situation is sony wants to make a big press on title. Costume, villain soon. Then once that happens we are more then likely going to see things come out on marvel side of things too.

Why does some think nothing from civil war or the solo would come out prior to civil war comes out. Again that is not how these films go about for production and marketing and promoting.

Last edited:
When does the solo film because that's when they'll show Spidey.

Honestly, I think it's going to payoff for Sony either way...market him with the trailers & advertisement or save for the film release...no doubt Marvel is going to benefit from merchandising...but either way, both will benefit either way they do it....the fact is, Spidey is now inclusive to the MCU...that's going to be big to general movie goers, regardless how it's revealed.

Last edited:
The solo starts production in early to mid june. With civil war release between April 27th and may 6th. Again. No way everything on solo development be kept hidden ti that point. Just like there is still plently of time for official photos. Concept art work, let alone pre release tv spots and trailers that spidry can appear in.

Again for all we know we could wake up tomorrow or next week and see a big reveal come from sony in conjunction with marvel. With article on confirmation of title. Reveal what villain will be in the film and reveal first look at tom in costume.

Then again if/when that happens. Then I am sure marvel will then likely be able to reveal pics, art and footage.

Again like I said the simplest reason is sony likely wants to still remind folks they are attached to spidey. And get some good press off sony brand. To make up for all the crap last yr and a half with the brand. And so forth. Why does any one think nothing be shown at all to civil war release in x countries first.

Situation serious when they don't even listen to Father Time. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"