Born Again Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again General Discussion Thread

I don’t like 6 or 13 episodes unless a show particularly calls for more or less (dedicated mini-series for eg). 8-10 is my preference.

Ahem. I think you're forgetting somebody. :D

giphy.gif

I expect IF to be introduced via Shang-Chi.

Since DD is going to show up in She-Hulk, do people want She-Hulk or at least Jennifer Walters to show up in the new DD series?

Since DD is going to show up in She-Hulk, do people want She-Hulk or at least Jennifer Walters to show up in the new DD series?
Not really. DD is likely to need a more serious tone. She-Hulk would also outclass a lot of his opponents, unless it's just a courtroom cameo - but even then I think it's better happening in the She-Hulk shows or anywhere outside of the DD show.

Not really. DD is likely to need a more serious tone. She-Hulk would also outclass a lot of his opponents, unless it's just a courtroom cameo - but even then I think it's better happening in the She-Hulk shows or anywhere outside of the DD show.

Well it could be like the crossovers between Ally McBeal and the Practice. In Ally McBeal, the Practice characters were more lighthearted and silly, whereas on the Practice, Ally McBeal was more serious and less fantastical.

Jennifer Walters could also be more serious in a cameo somewhere in court.

Well it could be like the crossovers between Ally McBeal and the Practice. In Ally McBeal, the Practice characters were more lighthearted and silly, whereas on the Practice, Ally McBeal was more serious and less fantastical.
Haven’t seen The Practice but have seen a fair amount of Ally Macbeal so if it works well then fine, just couldn’t quite picture it in my head initially.

So I have a bit of a theory on Daredevil's appearance in She Hulk and it has to do with where She Hulk takes place:

She Hulk is rumored to take place in Los Angeles and Matt Murdock is out there for some reason. Matt is there long enough to see that Los Angeles is different than New York. Somehow he takes a liking to LA, and has a bit more of a positive attitude on life in general, which is why he's probably going to be more comedic in She Hulk.

West Coast Daredevil ruled in the comics, recently.

Daredevil should remain the devil of Hell’s kitchen…not the Devil of Venice Beach

so many folks are scared of marvel messing up daredevil.

be the fans without fear and take in all the new content we never would've gotten.

or live in fear, don't watch the show and just keep watching the netflix ones instead.

Still hard to wrap my head around that we have to wait about two years for this. LOL.

Hopefully everyone is back at least.

I want the new series to erase the Netflix's flaws and downplay the weaknesses.

Last edited:
6p5cj2.gif

d0ff97b2-8e8d-4a67-a35a-cd44fb2ddeb4-jpeg.593089

Last time anyone saw the Red it was Bullseye/Poindexter, so I imagine that is why he's starting out with his "new" look.
Although I do hope the red & yellow is just the first arc, and he eventually reclaims and goes back to the all red (red & black).

Not a fan of the yellow suit so far. All they did was color parts of the old one yellow.

Still no DD symbol.

Also, Netflix Bullseye was terrible.

I don't want them reusing the Netflix suit. That was cheap. Give us a proper, less bulky suit without all these padding bits.

Also if we do get Bullseye then don't just use a spare DD suit. That felt like a budget thing.

I wonder if we'll get a new theme music instead of the DD theme tune for the first three seasons.

Seems pretty plausible tbh.

I get that Disney doesn't give themselves the benefits of the doubt when it comes to their labor practices, but this doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

A traditional TV season is 22 episodes long. At 18 episodes, this is a standard season as opposed to a premier series length (which is what Disney was doing in the past). I get that, the length would be convenient to divide into six episodes each for three seasons, but there's no evidence they're doing anything other than releasing them in one go. I also suspect much of the crew is paid hourly or, at least, paid per episode count. I doubt anyone gets paid the same price regardless of whether they did six episodes or 18.

That being said, I do think cost is a factor. Jeremy Renner or Tom Hiddleston consider themselves movie actors. They'll do a miniseries with no real issue. But I don't think people like that want to commit to a full season length. A 13 episode prestige series might be possible, but is usually on the outer edge. Daredevil is the first show with actors who are happy to appear in a longer production so they can probably pay them for 18 episodes without having to pay extra for them to film the extra episodes. But I don't really get the argument that 18 episodes is a significant price difference compared to three separate groupings of six episodes each.

Daredevil should remain the devil of Hell’s kitchen…not the Devil of Venice Beach

he should but there is going to be something in She Hulk that makes him take a flight to Los Angeles (assuming the majority of She Hulk takes place in LA, which it sounds like it would). What that is, we don't know yet. He'll be back in New York when his show happens, but if She Hulk takes place mostly in Los Angeles, something major has to get him to take a flight there.

he should but there is going to be something in She Hulk that makes him take a flight to Los Angeles (assuming the majority of She Hulk takes place in LA, which it sounds like it would). What that is, we don't know yet. He'll be back in New York when his show happens, but if She Hulk takes place mostly in Los Angeles, something major has to get him to take a flight there.

How would Murdock be able to practise law in LA if he's only qualified in NY?

How would Murdock be able to practise law in LA if he's only qualified in NY?

There are signs that point that She Hulk takes place in Los Angeles (at least California) in the trailers and clips. So how does he end up in Los Angeles? That is something I am hoping we find out. Now it's quite possible that a part of She Hulk takes place in New York City (probably has to do with Wong) and that is where she is going to encounter Matt.

Doesn't necessarily have to be law stuff that leads him out to Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Still hard to wrap my head around that we have to wait about two years for this. LOL.

Hopefully everyone is back at least.

I want the new series to emphasize the Netflix's flaws and downplay the weaknesses.
Finn Jones can appear? :D

I know you meant strengths. :cwink: That would be the ideal scenario - take everything that worked and improve on that and learn from what didn't and avoid. There's an inbuilt fanbase now and they get a second go at it with a lot of reference work to help.

So one of two scenarios for Matt Murdock in She Hulk:

- There is something that brings him to Los Angeles, like maybe he's been trying to find a certain someone and clues lead him out to Los Angeles, while Foggy and Karen do law stuff back in New York.
- Or something that leads Jen to New York City, where she encounters Daredevil in his suit.

It's one of those and I am interested in finding out which one.

Cox and D'Onofrio are already onboard. They were the two most important aspects to this. So I assume they found the terms and payouts agreeable.

Also, the Netflix seasons of Daredevil were 13 episodes each. This is a little more than the original Netflix seasons.

Also, Marvel Studios has never really done a season of TV this long on Disney+ yet. It's clearly a bit of an experiment.

Also, the Twin Peaks Return on Showtime was also 18 episodes. So something like this is not totally unprecedented.

I'm not saying there are no issues with pay and doing a format like this, but the actors or their unions should be taking up for that if there is one. IE, John DiMaggio was one of the major holdouts for the Futurama revival. There was a lot of public mud-slinging over the deal-making. But DiMaggio stood up for himself and what he felt he was worth. Ultimately, both sides came to a deal. DiMaggio was not wrong for asking for more. He is not obligated to return if he doesn't feel the wage is fair.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with doing an 18-episode season as long as everyone is paid fairly and accordingly. Now, pacing and storytelling could be an issue, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Also, the Twin Peaks Return on Showtime was also 18 episodes. So something like this is not totally unprecedented.
I adore the original Twin Peaks, it's one of my favourite show of all time, but the plot of The Return would have fit much better in the nine episode season that Showtime had originally announced. Dare I even say, they could even do it in six episodes and it wouldn't feel rushed at all.

I adore the original Twin Peaks, it's one of my favourite show of all time, but the plot of The Return would have fit much better in the nine episode season that Showtime had originally announced. Dare I even say, they could even do it in six episodes and it wouldn't feel rushed at all.

My point was there is a precedence for a premium TV series network doing an 18-episode season or revival for a popular TV series. It's not so much about pacing and storytelling. In those areas, The Return could've done a lot better.

But I also don't think this is some scam by Disney to stiff the cast and crew.

Now conversely, I know Netflix skates around this for their animated originals by ordering say 52 episodes of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, but splitting it into five separate seasons to avoid giving the cast and crew raises. Even though the show has five seasons, the actual episode order that was fulfilled was 52 episodes. They just spaced them apart. Smae thing was also probably done with Camp Cretaceous.

Also, the other point is before the Marvel Disney+ miniseries, the norm for Marvel Netflix was 13 episodes a season. So this isn't that much longer than the Netflix format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"