Marvel Films Marvel Studios' Armor Wars (aka A War Machine Story)

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
armorwars_logo_014.jpg

Starring Don Cheadle as Rhodey, the show finds Tony's nightmare about his tech falling into the wrong hands come true.

Discuss!!!!

Rhodes? Where we're going we don't need Rhodes!

delorean-back-to-the-future-production.gif

Rhodey gonna beat some D-list armored villains ash. Mauler got a beating coming for him :funny:

Seriously though this feels like a good show to continue Iron Man's franchise like Falcon and the Winter Solider is with the Captain America franchise.

Perhaps we see Justin Hammer again or other industrialist foes likes Zeke Stane, Sunset Bain or Edwin Cord.

Some of those classic Iron foes we never got to see in the films like titanium man could also show up.

I hope we see Stilt Man in this then. This would be the best time to have him in live action and he'd look amazing.

Also, they'll need the Raiders, Stingray, the Controller etc.

If they have Titanium Man though, would that be only for him to get killed off? That was one of the main plot points in the original Armor Wars where Iron Man accidentally ignited Titanium Man's armor and killed him.

And will they have War Machine go up against US Agent like Iron Man went up against the Captain?

I hope it'll have Beetle (Jenkins or Lincoln) and/or Detroit Steel (Hammer or someone working for him) so they can be used going forward for Thunderbolts.

It would've been better if some of these armoured villains had already been established in the MCU than introducing them for the first time. Otherwise they could really just invent completely new ones for this series.

Why wasn't this the plot of an Iron Man movie though instead of IM2 or IM3? If it had been IM3 and Stark went up against Cap temporarily, that would've helped lay more of the groundwork for Civil War.

I feel this and Ironheart could combine as one to give room to another new property instead. It feels like this is Ironman sequel for adult whereas Ironheart is for kids.

I think this could set up Ironheart a little bit, too.

I think this could set up Ironheart a little bit, too.

A little setup, sure. Fundamentally, though, the kind of story they are implying here, centered around Rhodes, wouldn't be the best thing to try and split evenly with introducing a teen/young adult genius. Different themes, different tones.

Rhodey gonna beat some D-list armored villains ash. Mauler got a beating coming for him :funny:

Seriously though this feels like a good show to continue Iron Man's franchise like Falcon and the Winter Solider is with the Captain America franchise.

Perhaps we see Justin Hammer again or other industrialist foes likes Zeke Stane, Sunset Bain or Edwin Cord.

Some of those classic Iron foes we never got to see in the films like titanium man could also show up.
I’m glad the memories/legacies of Stark, Cap and Widow are being continued in this way.

i am so hyped for this, sucks we won't see it til 2022, probably summer i'd reckon.

i am so hyped for this, sucks we won't see it til 2022, probably summer i'd reckon.
I was looking for you when I heard the news lol. Knew you’d be super-pumped for this. :up:

6 episodes as well
I was looking for you when I heard the news lol. Knew you’d be super-pumped for this. :up:
Thanks a ton. I wonder if there were always plans for this or did ideas and decisions on it just come together in recent months?
Because there were rumors about it in early 2019 if I recall.

6 episodes as well

Thanks a ton. I wonder if there were always plans for this or did ideas and decisions on it just come together in recent months?
Because there were rumors about it in early 2019 if I recall.
They had thoughts about it in the past but with Disney + becoming so important recently, all content is getting greenlit much more freely now. So we get both Armor Wars AND Ironheart. :cool: They want as much content as possible

They had thoughts about it in the past but with Disney + becoming so important recently, all content is getting greenlit much more freely now. So we get both Armor Wars AND Ironheart. :cool: They want as much content as possible
Great frickin news. What a time to be alive!

I wonder if this is gonna connect to or at least deal with RiRi existing in the same universe. I don't think it HAS to, but it is likely.

Especially considering the plotline its based on. Im gonna assume the events of Armor Wars happen first. With conterfiet Iron Men popping all over the place. The events likely inspire RiRi williams to take on the Iron Heart persona.

In the comics, from what I can peice together. She is to Tony what they made Peter Parker. But Im going to go off on a limb and say Peter, Rhodey or Pepper(if she continues to don the Rescue suit) will take on that role.

The only thing is Rhodey was never a tech genius, he's a more of a tactical genius. So I cant see him relating to her much on the same front Stark wouldve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"