Marvel Studios' Armor Wars (aka A War Machine Story)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Marvel on Disney+' started by Spider-Fan, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Have Cheadle Rhodey fight Terence Howard Rhodey in this before Dr Strange closes up the multi verse of madness.

KevTravels and ernesth100 like this.
  2. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

All jokes aside they better give Crimson Dynamo.

psylockolussus, Iceman and Dark Raven like this.
  3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

As we’re getting a series rather than a film we have a bunch of chances to get him. I think the odds are in favour.

psylockolussus and ernesth100 like this.
  4. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I hope we'll see fights against Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Abe Jenkins, Mauler, Termite and Sasha Hammer. I want to see Rhodey take on a ridiculous number of supervillains.

And since Jim Rhodes is Iron Man now, I really hope that Season 2 tells the definitive Jim Rhodes story next... The Dragon Seed Saga.

I hope that they save Zeke Stane and Living Laser for after they recast Tony Stark since those villains are way too personally related to Tony.

5. Kev4000 Registered

I thaught that would be all more like Mini Series so I thaught there would be no season 2 for any of these shows.

6. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I was under the impression that all the Disney + shows could be renewed.

7. Albright No more…Krasinski

I wonder if this will be just like the Iron Man movies or will add some new genre to the MCU.

WandaVision and Loki will look like something completely new.
    F&WS is more like continuation of the successful concepts. Probably Hawkeye as well.

With the Iron-Heart series, there’s already something, that could be like Iron Man.

8. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If there's a season 2 and it's Dragon Seed, then shouldn't this series have been called "War Machine" instead of "Armor Wars"? Dragon Seed has absolutely nothing to do with armor or wars or stolen tech.

The title indicates that it could be a long-running story spanning several seasons to try to recover stolen Stark technology, which would be the way to go instead of trying to wrap it all up in just 6 episodes.

9. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

???

?????

Naglfar likes this.
  10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I suspect it is very much case by case. Some of them might have continuations already planned, others are purely one-off.

11. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Yeah I imagine they'll approach it more like the movies. Rather than 'renewing' every year for a new season they might decide to make a second season the same way they might decide to make a sequel to a movie. Some might get a next season, some might be left at one (like the Incredible Hulk movie) some might get a sequel season after many years (like 4 years between Thor 2 and 3). Since production, distribution, etc. are all by the same entity they might be rather free with such things.

12. Fincher Coming Undone

I could see Moon Knight and She-Hulk being ongoing, possibly Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye (with Kate Bishop), too. Loki, Falcon/Winter Soldier, Secret Invasion, and Armor Wars sound more one-and-done, although I guess they might get sequel series of some kind, and with WandaVision we already know she'll be back in the movies. If the name of the show is an event rather than the lead character, that's generally not the best sign for its continuation.

13. KevTravels Registered

I saw a graphic online stating we'd see this released late 2022. Damn that's a wait but it gives them time to get Cheadle in peak condition and ensure the writing is on point.

14. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If Marvel want to shake things up they could have Rhodes get his alien Warwear armor. That suit felt a bit like Marvel cashing in on the popularity of Guyver in the mid-nineties but it would be cool to see anyway.

KevTravels likes this.
  15. Albright No more…Krasinski

A crazy idea came right into my mind: the series covers what happens, when Tony’s Tech fall into the hand of the wrong person. What if that person is Victor von Doom?

16. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

That would be deeply annoying, because it would imply that Doom needs and benefits from Tony Stark's tech. Doom should not need or benefit from the tech of anyone else, or at least anyone whose brain is smaller than Reed Richards.

17. KevTravels Registered

I sure hope they go all out for this, no penny pinching. I want an actual budget of a Iron Man 4 to cover this series.

18. KevTravels Registered

focusing on his
    1) life with his injury (it's been years but something he still has to endure day-to-day)
    2) whether he's retired from active duty or not. Can we determine that as he's a full colonel now so gotta figure some want him behind a desk.
    3) what does Rhodey have in his life to live for

all this in addition to life without Stark.

19. Dr. Evil Registered

It would be
    Riri Williams, AKA Iron Heart. He's rumored to be in that show and she could be his niece, for whom he would have a strong relationship with

KevTravels likes this.
  20. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I feel that would kind of go against the idea that
    Riri is supposed to be a self-made hero who was able to do what Tony did by herself.

21. Dr. Evil Registered

Sure but there are rumors that
    Don Cheadle is going to appear in Iron Heart and it would be weird to have a man his age knowing her without her either being a relative or even being a "godparent"

22. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

??? Why would that be weird?
    People of different age groups can meet each other without being family? Like, if Riri's studies at M.I.T. surely there can be a reason for Rhodey to be there for some project/recruiting/whatever if he's in the military or in tech and meet that way. Or once she starts flying around he'll come to investigate why someone he doesn't know is seemingly flying a Stark suit, since that could mean it was either stolen or someone managed to copy it thus posing a security risk. Why would they need to be family? And that is if this rumor is even true, which I haven't seen strong evidence for either.

ernesth100 likes this.
  23. Boom I got nothin'

Came in here to say just that.

ernesth100 likes this.
  24. Dr. Evil Registered

I guess so.

25. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

For season 2 it could A.R.M.O.R. Wars about the organisation A.R.M.O.R. (Altered-Reality Monitoring and Operational Response Agency), the sister agency to S.H.I.E.L.D. that monitors alternate reality incursions into Earth 616.