Marvel Films Marvel Studios' Armor Wars (aka A War Machine Story)

How risky is this move? Is there a large enough audience to see a solo War Machine role or will Marvel fill it with tons of Iron Man references/villains/other Marvel regulars to balance its chances to be a HIT?
Will need some great action scenes and a great trailer but otherwise I think it can do well.

Armor Wars is the closest thing we'd get to an Iron Man 4. So it should do well.

There's Ironheart but its not going to look as eXpensive as the MCU movies.

Armor Wars is the closest thing we'd get to an Iron Man 4. So it should do well.

There's Ironheart but its not going to look as eXpensive as the MCU movies.
I hope Ironheart looks just as good when she appears in films at least.

Really like the change to a film. I'm guessing a 200 million dollar budget or so. Hopefully they can start production before 2023 ends.

A lot of themes i expect them to touch on:
Rhodey's paralysis
former/active military officer and superhero
aging Avenger ready to retire and debating his place in the world
what makes him tick? who's his family and/or friends/love interests

What are the chances this might go into production sometime next year?

Really like the change to a film. I'm guessing a 200 million dollar budget or so. Hopefully they can start production before 2023 ends.

A lot of themes i expect them to touch on:
Rhodey's paralysis
former/active military officer and superhero
aging Avenger ready to retire and debating his place in the world
what makes him tick? who's his family and/or friends/love interests
Would be great if the film got a budget that high. Was expecting a bit less.

The world right now needs his technology more than ever!

War Machine, War Machine
All the world is waiting for you
And the power you possess.
In your metal tights
Fighting for your (intellectual property) rights
And the old red, white and blue (armor)...

I think his Emmy nomination for his guest role in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is the reason why Armor Wars became a movie.

Why should that be? He's already won two Golden Globe Awards and SAG Awards and has been nominated for Academy Awards and the BAFTAs and 10 Emmy nominations before that. Why should the Emmy nomination for Falcon and the Winter Soldier suddenly tip that over the edge? :huh:

Why should that be? He's already won two Golden Globe Awards and SAG Awards and has been nominated for Academy Awards and the BAFTAs and 10 Emmy nominations before that. Why should the Emmy nomination for Falcon and the Winter Soldier suddenly tip that over the edge? :huh:

Agreed. And the emmy nomination wasn't even a big thing, anyway. It got more negative press than anything else on account of the fact that he won for what was literally just a random cameo with almost no meat to it whatsoever. If anything, it just made people ask why the emmys are even giving out awards for that level of scene.

Agreed. And the emmy nomination wasn't even a big thing, anyway. It got more negative press than anything else on account of the fact that he won for what was literally just a random cameo with almost no meat to it whatsoever. If anything, it just made people ask why the emmys are even giving out awards for that level of scene.
I'm like 99.9% sure psylockolussus is making a joke.

So will this be a 2025 or 2026 release or maybe even 2024?

I know Cap 4 and Thunderbolts start next May and will be out summer 2024 so perhaps if this is done before end of 2023, we probably see a early 2025 release.

So will this be a 2025 or 2026 release or maybe even 2024?

I know Cap 4 and Thunderbolts start next May and will be out summer 2024 so perhaps if this is done before end of 2023, we probably see a early 2025 release.
There's three untitled Marvel Studios before Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars.

July 25, 2025
November 7, 2025
February 13, 2026

There's three untitled Marvel Studios before Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars.

July 25, 2025
November 7, 2025
February 13, 2026

I got my fingers crossed hoping it's the earliest date. Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a War Machine movie.

Really want Don Cheadle to get a big win here now that he isn't playing the support.

Ngl, it will always bug me that Cheadle was cast as Rhodey as I never thought he was a good fit. But seperately, I love Cheadle, and I love War Machine (from the comics), so yes I want this to be an awesome movie and make bank.

How risky is this move? Is there a large enough audience to see a solo War Machine role or will Marvel fill it with tons of Iron Man references/villains/other Marvel regulars to balance its chances to be a HIT?

Really late reply, but it's funny to think that back in the 90s, War Machine was more popular than Iron Man but then RDJ pretty much made it a landslide in favor of Tony Stark. I'm still one of the holdouts that favors Rhodey over Stark. So audience large or small you can guarantee that I'm supporting this film opening night.

Last edited:
Really late reply, but it's funny to think that back in the 90s, War Machine was more popular than Iron Man but then RDJ pretty much made it a landslide in favor of Tony Stark. I'm still one of the holdouts that favors Rhodey over Stark. So audience large or small you can guarantee that I'm supporting this film opening night.
I knew both Iron Man and War Machine in 90s because of Marvel VS Capcom. I was like 8 back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"