Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' Ironheart

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
ironheart_logo_018.jpg

The show sees the MCU introduction of Riri Williams, played by Dominique Thorne, inventing the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

Discuss!!!!

Surprised that not only did they announce the character will have her own show, but also the actress who will be playing her.

Don't really know much about this but in Marvel and Fiege I trust

same here, I don’t need two Iron Man themed series...butvI also didn’t need a Hawkeye series at first...but now I can’t wait for that also

I wasn't a big fan of Riri in the comics, and I'm a bit wary of introducing legacy characters with no relation to the originals after those are gone (and if you really want a young woman of colour to be the next iron person I always felt Toni Ho worked much better for that). That said, the movies have made things work before that I wasn't a fan of in the comics, so we'll see what they do with it.

I'll bet Riri was at the B.A.R.F. demonstration when Stark was at MIT during Civil War. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a flashback scene with them interacting.

This show and Ms. Marvel are both introducing me to characters I know very little about. I know more about Kamala now that I played the video game, but still never read any of these comics. So those shows are both going to have to let their trailers get me hyped for them.

Same here. I read a little about Riri Williams at the Marvel Database and saw she was given a scholarship to MIT. Stark was there showing them BARF. So I imagine there could be a scene tied to that.

I'm still not familiar with Kamala. Still need to play the Avengers game to get an idea of her backstory.

If Beale Street Could Talk is a fave of mine, so her casting was a pleasant surprise.

I'm a fan of Riri from the comics and for such a newcomer, Thorne has a very impressive resume. So I'm very excited about this. And very relieved that there (so far at least) hasn't been the widespread toxic backlash from certain corners that I expected to come with the announcement.

I’m excited for this and it’s great they already have the actress signed on. I guess she will meet Rhodey between the 2 series, maybe Pepper and Morgan as well.

I’m excited for this and it’s great they already have the actress signed on. I guess she will meet Rhodey between the 2 series, maybe Pepper and Morgan as well.

They could go two ways with that in the series: Rhodey is her uncle and/or she's a classmate/friend of Morgan.

They could go two ways with that in the series: Rhodey is her uncle and/or she's a classmate/friend of Morgan.
Rhodey as her uncle sounds cool. Isn’t Morgan too young?

I’m keen on this. Hopefully this will do for Riri what into the spiderverse did for Miles Morales

Curious to see how this will turn out. Haven’t ever read anything about this character! I hope it does great

Rhodey as her uncle sounds cool. Isn’t Morgan too young?

How Old was Morgan in Endgame again ? and yesss as classmate would she be too young but go to the same School should be possible

How Old was Morgan in Endgame again ? and yesss as classmate would she be too young but go to the same School should be possible
I think around 5? If they use the same actress then she could be older by the time Ironheart is released though of course.

I wonder which will release first: this or Armor Wars? Maybe Armor Wars will play into Riri becoming Ironheart.

I think around 5? If they use the same actress then she could be older by the time Ironheart is released though of course.
Well there'll still be a 13 year age gap between the actresses so that would be weird regardless. One's a preteen and the other a young adult.

Well there'll still be a 13 year age gap between the actresses so that would be weird regardless. One's a preteen and the other a young adult.

True...

Morgan is Tony's daughter though.

You could write her as a precocious genius in waiting, throw in some Paltrow cameos to talk about how much Riri reminds her of Tony and regailing her with some stories about Tony when he was around Morgan's age (who'll be... what 7-9 by the time this series sees the light of day, no? ) with Morgan in tow... It's doable I think.

Hasn't Paltrow declared that Endgame was her last appearance as Pepper and that she has officially retired from the MCU?

I wonder which will release first: this or Armor Wars? Maybe Armor Wars will play into Riri becoming Ironheart.
If Armor Wars comes first it would make sense to include her there. Rhodey and Riri could so some stuff together going forward I would imagine.

So, silly question time: based on the comic, what are Riri's core themes, personality elements, and major story beats?

Hasn't Paltrow declared that Endgame was her last appearance as Pepper and that she has officially retired from the MCU?
I wouldn't say retired. Yeah, she did say that she was done playing the role but she also said if Marvel ever called her and asked her to come back she would absolutely do it.

So, silly question time: based on the comic, what are Riri's core themes, personality elements, and major story beats?
She's very emotionally volatile. A young genius growing up in an environment of largely well-intentioned people who are woefully under-supplied to deal with her talents. She's gone through family tragedy. She's a lot like Reed Richards, I think, more-so than Tony, in that she struggles with empathy, seeks security by being emotionally distant and struggles to work with those operating at a lower mental level. She's one of those characters who is "One Bad Day/One Wrong Mentor" away from being a supervillain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"