Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Snow Queen, Aug 23, 2019.

1. TheVileOne Registered

That's such a terrible loss. May he rest in peace.

Iceman likes this.
  2. InvisibleWoman Registered

Iceman likes this.
  3. Batgirl0202 Registered

I just noticed that! It's like they combined his classic look from the comics with an Egyptian mummy look lol...

I'd like a more silvery look to the costume but I gotta admit, this design is definitely cool :yay:

SquirrelBallZ likes this.
  4. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Yeah you would think they'd be hyping it up more.

5. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I think it's just because Cassian Andor isn't a fan-favorite character on the level of Boba Fett or Obi-Wan so more attention will be on those first.

6. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yep.

I could see Midnight Man probably trying to rob the British museum where Grant works.

Kev4000 likes this.
  7. Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
  8. Albright Eeh…

9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

10. Dr. Evil Registered

I don't mind the British accent on Steven Grant. It's what Marc Spector thinks Steven sounds like, not what we think Steven should sound.

11. Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
  12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I'm more surprised than anything with the reveal of Grant being a work a day schlubb. But if they think that change works I'm open to it.

I wonder how this affects the "operation" of Moon Knight as the Grant as 1%-er gave him access to the upper echelon of society? Or if this is a thing at all, like, is Spector in the business of being a public hero in a costume or is that all going to be in his head?

I really... I don't wanna say "worry" about that but I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a disappointment in having a fully fleshed out Moonie running around the MCU. I think that's fine in it's way. I just got a nagging feeling this is more a one off experiment than anything else now.

TheVileOne likes this.
  13. Dr. Evil Registered

I think they don't want Moon Knight to be too much like Batman.

14. TheVileOne Registered

Based on the trailer and synopsis I'm not sure they are going in that direction for Grant. Though maybe it was an alias he created for his military/mercenary contract work at first.

15. Mysteryman Registered

I hope that it happens.

16. SquirrelBallZ Registered

I think moon knight is almost like Spawn to me as well. There’s daredevil already no one makes batman comparisons to him and also obviously, Wolverine.

Spawn is like Superman and Batman combined.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  17. SquirrelBallZ Registered

The costume take is way better then the comics I think, I just don’t really dig or can get behind the whole very obvious all white Egyptian theme, it is just weird to me.

18. SquirrelBallZ Registered

Yeah a silvery look would be way better the mummy look just turns me off for some reason. Blah.

19. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I'm...

I'm all kinda confused here.

I get to a degree the Spawn thing, but I don't understand the rest. Like, I think folks have made the comparison to Moon Knight and Batman for DECADES. Like... Google will show this with a simple entrance of Moon Knight and Batman into the search bar. There was certainly comparisons between the Nolan Batman movies and the DD series on Netflix. And... Who is Logan being compared to exactly? Do you mean to DD because of the senses or Batman or Moonie? I don't follow.

2. The costume has kinda consistently been, Mr. Knight era aside... All White with an obvious Egyptian theme. The detailing on the show's costume might be more detailed and textured but it's the MK costume unmistakably.

3. Silver gray? Reflective silver? Again, I can't follow you.

20. Albright Eeh…

They clearly want it to look like a mummy. He‘ll be in a superhero team with probably a Werwolf, Vampire(s), and other supernatural creatures like Ghost Rider and hopefully Man-Thing

21. Batgirl0202 Registered

I hope so!

Bring on Midnight Sons!

And please add Brother Voodoo and the real Daimon Hellstrom into the mix too :yay:

22. Batgirl0202 Registered

I hope not!

I don't want another fake out, a la Mandarin in Iron Man 3!

Besides, MK is too cool a character to be relegated to the 'all in his head' file. It's a good opportunity for the MCU to start exploring some deeper horror themes, which should be cool :word:

23. Kev4000 Registered

As long as the "accept the chaos in you" part of plot is in the middle of the series and not the last episode, I am fine.
    Im a little bit over the "last-episode, new cosume" thing they did with Wanda, Sam and Clint so far.

24. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Long before the MCU my Midnight Sons for live action was always:

Blade

Moon Knight

Ghost Rider

Brother Voodoo

Morbius

Werewolf By Night

Only thing I'm missing is prolly two female characters that fit the supernatural theme.

I'm hoping for something along these lines.

Albright likes this.
  25. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I think Morbius is very unlikely now due to requiring cooperation from Sony.

I think when it comes to women there's a few options. Just going by women who've been part of the Midnight Sons in any media:
    • I think they'll almost certainly use Elsa Bloodstone on the team at least, they've been pushing her in video games and such quite a bit.
    • Victoria Montesi and Louise Hastings may be supporting characters in the movie or show but I don't really expect them on the main team since they never really felt like proper "superhero" types in the comics (but then again neither did Wong).
    • The only other woman on the team besides the ones above in the comics is Johnny Blaze's witch sister Jennifer Kale
    • The upcoming "Midnight Suns" video game notably has Magik and Nico Minoru on the team.
    If we expand the selection to include other supernatural teams like the Legion of Monsters, the supernatural Howling Commandos, S.T.A.K.E., Avengers of the Supernatural, Strange Academy, etc. we have a few more options.

• Both Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness have been on supernatural teams in the comics.
    • Werewolf By Night's sister Nina Price (Vampire By Night) has been on several of these teams. She could also be introduced in the Werewolf By Night special this year.
    • Satana Hellstrom is a significant member of several of these teams.
    • Glyph was on the Howling Commandos. What's interesting is that she got trademarked along with Helstrom so supposedly Jeph Loeb was planning to give her a show on Hulu as part of the "Adventure Into Fear" project that never panned out. What's also interesting is that apparently there was a legal dispute over this trademark in late 2020 and even though the show was almost certainly already cancelled by then Marvel apparently wasn't backing down. Though I don't expect her to be part of the Midnight Sons in the MCU since she's a very minor character and both her design and her theme seem to be already been taken on by Moon Knight (in the comics she summoned Egyptian spirits and has the hood + mummy wrappings look Moon Knight actually got in the MCU.) Though I guess she could work as some kind of sidekick or legacy character for Moon Knight at some point in the future?
    • Other women who have occassionally been on such teams include Dead Girl, Kanna, Lilith, Pixie, Shiklah, Sister Sara/Caretaker, Topaz and Zelma Stanton.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.