Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

I heared, that episode 4 did end with a really hard cliffhanger and those, who‘ve seen are kind sad they had to wait 5 weeks after those press screenings until it get solved.
my guess based on a new trailer:
Marc wakes up in a mental institution with a Moon Knight action figure in his room and is told, that nothing that happened is real - like in that Lemire run

close…

This week's episode was definitely interesting to say the least and I'm still very much invested, but now I'm getting kind of worried that they might be biting off more than they can chew introducing so many new concepts and not having the time to properly develop any of them since we only have like two episodes left.

I really wish some of these Marvel shows were longer because 6 episodes just doesn't feel like enough and for a brand-new character like Moon Knight, they definitely needed more time to establish this world IMO.

Maybe it's not a coincidence that the best Marvel show (Wandavision) is the one with the most episodes

Thought this episode was great. I fell asleep towards the end but that was my own exhaustion rather than finding the show boring. I loved The Mummy stuff and need to watch that last 10 mins again but really enjoyed it otherwise.

The only thing I could complain is, that there was only one mummy/undead. I hope there will be more.

For those, who know the Lemire-comic
I don’t think it ends the same way
Konshu is trapped right now and has no influence on Marc. And if so, I doubt that he needs to break Marc’s mind right now. Konshu really sounded afraid and wants Marc to rescue him.
Harrow/Ammut s really the villain and a threat to all gods and humans.
I doubt that Marc is a victim between both sides: Ammut and Konshu.

its crazy to me with the $$ disney has that they can't give these shows more than 6 episodes at a time especially with Marvel arguably there #1 brand at the moment

It kinda feels like they wanted Moon Knight in upcoming big screen team-up movies but they didn't want to risk a theatrical solo film so they decided to dump his introduction as a limited series.

6 is absolutely not enough. I liked episode 5 a lot and it feels totally weird that the next one is the last one.

So is there some sort of edict from Kevin Feige that all Disney+ MCU series that isn't a comedy is 6 episodes? Ms. Marvel is rumored to be 6 episodes. Hawkeye was 6 and Moon Knight is 6. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was 6 as was Loki. WandaVision was 9.

I don't mind She Hulk being 10 episodes as there have been comedies that have had 10 episode seasons and have been successful. Case in point: It's Always Sunny. They have had 10 episode seasons for 7 straight seasons, with this last season 8 seasons. Plus She Hulk has people on the show with a lot of comedic experience, like Kat Coiro, Jessica Gao and Ginger Gonzaga.

So is there some sort of edict from Kevin Feige that all Disney+ MCU series that isn't a comedy is 6 episodes? Ms. Marvel is rumored to be 6 episodes. Hawkeye was 6 and Moon Knight is 6. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was 6 as was Loki. WandaVision was 9.

I don't mind She Hulk being 10 episodes as there have been comedies that have had 10 episode seasons and have been successful. Case in point: It's Always Sunny. They have had 10 episode seasons for 7 straight seasons, with this last season 8 seasons. Plus She Hulk has people on the show with a lot of comedic experience, like Kat Coiro, Jessica Gao and Ginger Gonzaga.
Not sure if there are any specific rules yet on episode count but I would have liked a ton more here and also would have liked at least one more from Hawkeye. Hopefully it’s not to do with budget. To be fair I don’t know a whole lot about how shows work.

It kinda feels like they wanted Moon Knight in upcoming big screen team-up movies but they didn't want to risk a theatrical solo film so they decided to dump his introduction as a limited series.
*and just his introduction and not much else. :csad:

I think it is a way to draw bigger names, as the time commitment is much less than even 10 episode seasons.

I felt very personally stimulated by this previous episode and the story and character points it developed.

Which one is?
I was being a little playful there. But, in my opinion, one of the more consistent and surprising, to me, was Hawkeye. WandaVision I was really looking forward to and very excited about when I started watching it, but was disappointed in what I felt was a lack of character exploration in depth and fake out concepts. Falcon was messier, and while it's dumb stuff still came in the back half, like I felt with WandaVision, I felt it still managed to have a more emotionally resonant conclusion. Loki was far more consistent, to me, and managed to pull of a compelling conclusion for the most part, to me, but I felt there was more of lull in the middle, moreso, and there was also some messy elements and relationships. Hawkeye, to me, managed to hit a lot of beats that I wasn't expecting. It's still flawed, to me, in some similar ways as I think they all are. I think I've preferred, personally, Hawkeye more. But I think Loki is the most consistent show.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Falcon and Winter Soldier has been the best so far in terms of being a translation of big screen to tv show while mantaining the quality (for the most part) using the episodic format and also delivering a round story from start to finish, developing the characters and getting them from point A to point B.
It has its problems, but it doesn't feel gimmicky like the first half of WandaVision, incomplete like Loki or inconsequential like Hawkeye. I have yet to see the newest Moon Knight.

You know, as much as I sometimes find the various opinions voiced a bit exasperating. . . it actually is a really, really good sign that there is no agreement whatsoever on "Which Disney+ Marvel Show is Best?" The fact that you find advocates for almost every one of them in large numbers means Marvel is doing something right, because every show is landing well with *some* chunk of the audience.

You know, as much as I sometimes find the various opinions voiced a bit exasperating. . . it actually is a really, really good sign that there is no agreement whatsoever on "Which Disney+ Marvel Show is Best?" The fact that you find advocates for almost every one of them in large numbers means Marvel is doing something right, because every show is landing well with *some* chunk of the audience.
Kind of, but I wanted them to be around a 1.5/10 better across the board than they are. I found value in all of them, but I wanted to be floored by how good they were and there’s not been a Mandalorian equivalent yet IMO.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Falcon and Winter Soldier has been the best so far in terms of being a translation of big screen to tv show while mantaining the quality (for the most part) using the episodic format and also delivering a round story from start to finish, developing the characters and getting them from point A to point B.
It has its problems, but it doesn't feel gimmicky like the first half of WandaVision, incomplete like Loki or inconsequential like Hawkeye. I have yet to see the newest Moon Knight.
I was enjoying it a lot but the final episode let it down quite a bit for me. Outside of that the show will never be able to escape how horrifically bad the flag smashers were and their leader even more so (forgot her name already).

Again, is there some sort of edict by Kevin Feige to have finales rushed and short and always under 45 minutes? Why can't finales be at least 50 minutes? Hell, make it a full 60 minutes (excluding credits). Is Fiege telling people to have finales under 45 minutes? Especially if these shows are miniseries? I didn't mind the Loki finale being under 45 minutes because there was going to be a season two. But why are the finales of the miniseries always under 45 minutes? Is this forced by Feige?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"