Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

Well I enjoyed the finale and the whole show. I can’t believe how down people are on this there wasn’t an episode I didn’t like and while I sometimes wish it went a little further with the weirdness we DID get 2 giant Egyptian gods fighting in the finale. Would watch season 2 in a heartbeat.

If I had to rank the shows right now, it would be:

1. Hawkeye
2. Loki
3. Moon Knight
4. WandaVision
5. Falcon & the Winter Soldier

Moon Knight isn't as tight as Loki, nor does it have quite as compelling a lead; OTOH, it also isn't the complete tragedy "worst day in the life of" that WandaVision was. So, middle the pack.
Really?! I have your list almost backwards but no question Moon Knight is last.
1)WandaVision
2)Falcon and the Winter Soldier
3)Loki
4)Hawkeye
5)Moon Knight

1.) WandaVision
2.) Hawkeye
3.) Moon Knight
4.) Loki
5.) Falcon & Winter Soldier

I hope they don't plan a second season but rather a feature theaterical film.

I have
1.Wandavision
2. Hawkeye I liked their buddy dynamic more than Falcon and Bucky in their show
3.Loki
4.Falcon Winter soldier- just did not like the main villain group
5. Moon Knight

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. What If?
5. Falcon and Winter Soldier
6. Moon Knight

I put Moon Knight below Defenders, Iron Fist, and Inhumans.
I don't know if its as bad as Iron Fist and the Inhumans. But its definitely better than Helstrom.

I just lost interest by the fourth episode, and I couldn't muster to rewatch it.

Should have been a film instead so it'd be easier / quickier for me to rewatch.

final poster looks great

1 Wandavision
2 Falcon & Winter Soldier
3 Loki
4 Moonknight
5 Hawkeye

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
5. Moon Knight

I don't like any of these series. I wish Marvel Studios would make a 2 hour edit of these series as I couldn't muster rewatching every episode. Its weird for a series with 6 to 9 episodes, none have lived up to the best mcu movies. Interesting premise, inconsistent in vfX/spectacle, lacks in eXecution, underwhelming finale. Like do better with your shows Marvel Studios, if you want everyone to care as much as people care about the movies. My social media has plenty of people talking about Dr. Strange 2, Moon Knight finale, not really...

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
5. Moon Knight

I don't like any of these series. I wish Marvel Studios would make a 2 hour edit of these series as I couldn't muster rewatching every episode. Its weird for a series with 6 to 9 episodes, none have lived up to the best mcu movies. Interesting premise, inconsistent in vfX/spectacle, lacks in eXecution, underwhelming finale. Like do better with your shows Marvel Studios, if you want everyone to care as much as people care about the movies. My social media has plenty of people talking about Dr. Strange 2, Moon Knight finale, not really...

It's issue because they put themselves in a box of "how many episodes". They say we will make 9 episodes show and then they struggle to write and direct 9 exciting episodes. Lot of filler, slow walk, pace or editing issues along way. Then they say we will instead 9 episodes we will make 6 so we get better content. But instead taking possible 9 episode storyline and cutting unnecessary parts to make great 6 episodes, they instead create 6 episode storyline which is likely at best 3 or 4 episode show and still end up with filler. You end up saving money on one episode then blowing it up upcoming one and so on.

They should just make storyline they wanna tell and cut it at the end into regardless how many episodes it gets. For some flow some episodes should be bit longer some should be bit shorter, but you still end up with footage and story you wanna put out. If it ends up only with 3 good ones, if it ends up with 5 or 7 even better.

But that's simply not how Hollywood works. I mean how contracts between actors, directors and overall production works.

Well since everyone is ranking the shows...

Loki
Wandavision
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
What If...?
The Falcon & The Winter Soldier

Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Wandavision
Loki
Falcon & Winter Soldier
What If?

It's issue because they put themselves in a box of "how many episodes". They say we will make 9 episodes show and then they struggle to write and direct 9 exciting episodes. Lot of filler, slow walk, pace or editing issues along way. Then they say we will instead 9 episodes we will make 6 so we get better content. But instead taking possible 9 episode storyline and cutting unnecessary parts to make great 6 episodes, they instead create 6 episode storyline which is likely at best 3 or 4 episode show and still end up with filler. You end up saving money on one episode then blowing it up upcoming one and so on.

They should just make storyline they wanna tell and cut it at the end into regardless how many episodes it gets. For some flow some episodes should be bit longer some should be bit shorter, but you still end up with footage and story you wanna put out. If it ends up only with 3 good ones, if it ends up with 5 or 7 even better.

But that's simply not how Hollywood works. I mean how contracts between actors, directors and overall production works.
Its weird how can a 6 episodes series have filler.

I just have seen so many series with more than 13 episodes a season that are more engaging and less filler than these Marvel series. Like these Marvel shows aren't terrible, but it feels like they stretched a storyline enough for a 2 hour movie to a 4 1/2 hour series.

For me:
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki
WandaVision
Hawkeye
Moon Knight

Loki
Moon Knight
WandaVision
What-If?
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Hawkeye

I mean as good as Daredevil was, all the Netflix Marvel shows DRAGGED a lot. They havent been able to find a good balance.

The weird thing about a six-episode show is that the timing is off to do a proper introduction/conflict/resolution. It feels rushed.

Depends on the writing, for example Chernobyl was short but damn was each episode GOOD.
Sure it depends on the show too. Chernobyl was more of a documentary in some ways. But when you have such deep mythology, alter egos, villains, etc etc you might need a bit more time. Or compact everything into a 2-hour movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"