Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

KF said, that it’ll come out in 2022. All those casting leaks coming now indicate, that it’ll soon go into production in Budapest. This is what we know.
Since Moon Knight has a connection to the horror characters at Marvel, its not far fetched, that vampires will be a part. And Moon Knight is the top candidate of the Disney Plus series to draw a connection to Blade

KF said, that it’ll come out in 2022. All those casting leaks coming now indicate, that it’ll soon go into production in Budapest. This is what we know.
Since Moon Knight has a connection to the horror characters at Marvel, its not far fetched, that vampires will be a part. And Moon Knight is the top candidate of the Disney Plus series to draw a connection to Blade
When exactly did he say that?
Shooting starts in March so I fully expect to see this around fall 2022.

Fall is impossible - there are also Secret Invasion, Ironheart and Armor Wars shedueled.
Moon Knight and She-Hulk are far more in production and one of them will air January 2022 right after Hawkeye ends.
Disney plus dont want more than 1 week gap between 2 projects.

More like March.
If She-Hulk debuts next year around this time, then it will end its (confirmed) run of 10 episodes in mid of March 2021.
So Moon Knight will premiere before or after the theatrical release of Doctor Strange 2, where it also could draw connections

But the Moon Knight series is expected to setup the Blade movie.

1. Expected by whom?

2. Based on what evidence?

Not to be too blunt, but lots of people "expect" lots of things that not only aren't so, but never had a good reason to be so.

Yeah but a lot of those „expected to be“ turned out to be true after the investors day

Yeah but a lot of those „expected to be“ turned out to be true after the investors day

Again, "expected by whom"? Where is the source? Who is saying this?

And, "a lot" is meaningless without also knowing how many vague unsourced rumors *weren't* true. If you make a hundred random predictions, some will turn out true just by chance, this doesn't make them any more meaningful.

I'd say all that is quite a leap.

Could we see Jack Russell introduced in this?

It would give Marvel a monster transforming hero like Hulk but not tied to Universal.

Wolf Man could join the howling commandos. Also is his first name Marv?

lol, not only did he confirmed himself but als Oscar Isaac. Hope he won‘t get fired for that

You a Moonie fan flick?
I’ve only read part of Lemire’s run (got the 1st volume for $2 in a digital comics sale), but I really liked what I read. The concept/character is just crazy cool to me.

I’ve only read part of Lemire’s run (got the 1st volume for $2 in a digital comics sale), but I really liked what I read. The concept/character is just crazy cool to me.

Moonie is... It is a strange beast in the Marvel stable and I can somewhat see a lot of people's "Batman Lite" criticism.

For me though its the layers of psychology, the uncertainty and often... The crazy ultra violence if I am honest (Though that aspect is turbo charged the last... Two decades?).

He's not Spidey or Cap. But he's not quite Punisher or Wolverine either really. Very unique and you can go really out there and it still seems to fit. One foot in the kevlar clad world of "bad ash" vigilantes and the other in mysticism.

And while I can't say I think the Mr. Knight era is the end all be all... Lotta good stuff out of that.

And because the character more than most is so fluid I think you could go in so many directions live action.

A lot of talk regarding Feige's comment that Deadpool 3 is the only property they're going for an R rating, meaning Blade and Moon Knight would be watered down.

Although I think he was specifically talking about movies, it doesn't preclude this from obtaining a TV MA rating, but I don't think it will. I reckon we'll see Blade and Moon Knight with a hard PG 13 and TV 14.

If they bring back Julie Delpy's character Madame B from Avengers Age of Ultron, she could meet Ethan Hawke's character on a train and they could spend the night walking around Vienna.

A lot of talk regarding Feige's comment that Deadpool 3 is the only property they're going for an R rating, meaning Blade and Moon Knight would be watered down.

Although I think he was specifically talking about movies, it doesn't preclude this from obtaining a TV MA rating, but I don't think it will. I reckon we'll see Blade and Moon Knight with a hard PG 13 and TV 14.

On the John Campea Podcast, actress Erin Cummings said that the Blade reboot could easily be PG-13 and still be violent. She says that the reason the original films were "R" was due to the number of times the F word was spoken and also some sexual stuff, not the violence. Campea said that extreme violence in a PG-13 movie can happen if the bad guys are monsters, robots or aliens.

Blade comics aren't even that R rated aside from blood, but blood and vampires go hand in hand and there have been many PG-13 vampire movies.

That's also what Erin Cummings said as well, that there are plenty of Rated PG-13 Vampire movies and that the "R" rating in the Blade movies were the cursing and sexual stuff.

Well that and the extreme violence and gore. It’s not just shooting people or aliens with purple goo. There’s like beheadings, limbs falling off, prolonged vivisection, massive amounts of blood. The first two Blade totally make that r rating with the violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"