Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

61su1b.gif

61suk5.gif

61sv4c.gif
Thank you.

Anna Taylor Joy returning as Magik would be great. I think Elsa Bloodstone is a must have (there are also rumors about her)

Jodie Comer would be my pick for Elsa Bloodstone. Comer could pull of Elsa's sassy posh English personality. Kate Beckinsale would be good in the role too.

Theorizing some stuff looking at the trailer:

1. I'm inclined to go with the idea that Marc was on a mission and already had the Steven Grant cover ID. The mission goes south and somehow we see Spector end up getting thrown off a great height.... And Then I think the Snap happens. He dusts before hitting the ground and then five years past and AEG brings everyone back. For whatever reason Spector came back as Steven, and ever since he's just drifting along. On some level Steven KNEW that Marc would be back.

2. What we see of Marc's fight with Hawke's men will be a flashback and Oscar's reactions we see aren't "the real world". Some how, some way, we are seeing Steven relive his time right before he falls over that cliff only we are seeing modern day Steven's POV on an event from his memory, just another side of his mind not something Steven remembers doing. Its a replay but Steven is experiencing it like it was real time without context.

3. Alternate theory... Marc is like a ghost, a possesion to Steven. He just blanks and suddenly he's in a situation, thus why he is tying himself to his bed at night. Perhaps the Hawke's men and truch scene is legit NOW. Question then is raised how he survives that fall?

I'm vaguely familiar with the character only having read from his team ups and encounters with other characters and I'm looking to get into the mythos and become more familiar.

What is a good paperback to look into?

looks great, I like how they make it look like wings

Thank God. Not every show needs 8 more seasons lol keeps it more special this way like a movie

Thank God. Not every show needs 8 more seasons lol keeps it more special this way like a movie

CBS didn't get that memo apparently, because their more successful shows tend to go 2-3 seasons longer than usual.

CBS didn't get that memo apparently, because their more successful shows tend to go 2-3 seasons longer than usual.

At least the streaming services seem to get it. They generally don't let shows overstay their welcome the way networks do.

Of course network shows tend to cater to older audiences who like the comfort of familiarity...

Being fair, CBS is playing a different game, and playing it well. They target an older demographic, who *wants* long running episodic shows, and they provide. For them "Runs five seasons longer than the story could actually justify, because people kept watching it out of habit" is a pure win.

That's a bummer, but probably not surprising given Isaac's schedule. Hopefully we get to see lots of Moon Knight crossing over down the line, though. 6 episodes won't be nearly enough.

it's always been a limited series and all these shows are basically limited series. They've never been anything else. Just because it's a limited series doesn't mean we won't see Moon Knight again.

it's always been a limited series and all these shows are basically limited series. They've never been anything else. Just because it's a limited series doesn't mean we won't see Moon Knight again.
I know that. I just think it's a mistake to make these *mostly* all limited series. I want superhero tv shows to get the long-form story-telling we can't get from movies. But these mini-series are still stuck basically just telling one story, but over a few extra hours.

I know that. I just think it's a mistake to make these *mostly* all limited series. I want superhero tv shows to get the long-form story-telling we can't get from movies. But these mini-series are still stuck basically just telling one story, but over a few extra hours.

Well look they are doing a new Cap and Bucky movie next. Loki is getting S2. They clearly have big plans for She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel, I wouldn't get too worried about it.

I'm vaguely familiar with the character only having read from his team ups and encounters with other characters and I'm looking to get into the mythos and become more familiar.

What is a good paperback to look into?
I think the general consensus would be to check out Warren Ellis's run.

I‘m so buying that issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"