Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

What is the hierarchy of production these days? Feature film, streaming, cable, then network?

Kamala is one of the best and most important characters Marvel has created in the last 20 years so she deserves a top tier project. I do think it's *slightly* too early for a feature film, so a mini-series now and a film later might be perfect?

She's not my favorite or anything, but she's cool. Glad she's getting a show.

Will this show cross over with Runaways and set up Champions, Avengers Academy and New Mutants? Teen Marvel needs to be a thing.

Will this show cross over with Runaways and set up Champions, Avengers Academy and New Mutants? Teen Marvel needs to be a thing.
If there's a cross over, it would probably be with the mcu films or other D+ shows, not Runaways.

She's not my favorite or anything, but she's cool. Glad she's getting a show.

There's lots they can do with her. And for sure this shows that Marvel Studios is riding the diversity train to the end of the line.

What I hope is that she can be used to, given her age, fill in the gaps of that five year jump from AEG. Also it would be great if they kept her inspiration being Carol Danvers and have Brie do some cameo work. I mean, Carol arrives back on Earth in AEG at the start and then we do the jump. Carol cold have built up a reputation on Earth during this period and she becomes a big influence on Kamala because of that.

Cool! I guess they’ll leave out the Inhumans and just say Knox made kamala

Kamala is one of the best and most important characters Marvel has created in the last 20 years so she deserves a top tier project.
Preach. It is mindboggling to me that a character so relevant is being relegated to the streaming service.

"Muslim girls will finally see themselves represented in a superhero!" Yeah, if their parents subscribe to Disney+, that is. :o

Last edited:
Preach. It is mindboggling to me that a character so relevant is being relegated to the streaming service.

"Muslim girls will finally see themselves represented in a superhero!" Yeah, if their parents subscribe to Disney+, that is. :o

It's been confirmed she'll appear in movies as well. Not to mention that being "relegated" to the biggest streaming service of all time isn't shabby at all.

But keep looking for things to complain about, I guess.

Not to mention that being "relegated" to the biggest streaming service of all time isn't shabby at all.
Wait, what does Netflix have to do with this discussion.

But keep looking for things to complain about, I guess.
I will! Disney just can't help but keep giving me material, they love doing stupid things. The idiots just lost Spider-Man because of their greed.

I'm sorry that I wanted one of my favorite characters (a character that is extremely relevant, by the way) to get the same treatment that Star-Lord and Sersi have gotten instead of being exiled to a platform that only some of the people who watch MCU movies will use.

Wait, what does Netflix have to do with this discussion.

Ooof. Let's chat in a year or so. You don't have to be Nostradamus to see what's coming.

I'm sorry that I wanted one of my favorite characters (a character that is extremely relevant, by the way) to get the same treatment that Star-Lord and Sersi have gotten instead of being exiled to a platform that only some of the people who watch MCU movies will use.

It's like you're willfully ignoring reality.

If you think that every person who pays $20+ 2/3 times a year to see MCU movies won't be paying $7 a month for all the MCU content you could ever want.... then I have no idea what to tell you.

Ms. Khan's getting better treatment than Star-Lord and Sersi. Unlike Kamala, both debuted or will be introduced in team up flicks. And though we've gotten to explore a bit of Peter's background, we know very little of his days pre-space or his time prior to grabbing an Infinity Stone.

Unlike those two, we're getting on the ground floor with Ms. Marvel. We're going to see her before getting her powers, witness her transformation, see her day to day life in Jersey City and get to know her family and friends.

And while Kamala's community based focus on superheroing is a great fit for TV, we are also going to see her in a big screen team up. That's pretty damn good for a character created a half dozen years ago!

It's like you're willfully ignoring reality.

If you think that every person who pays $20+ 2/3 times a year to see MCU movies won't be paying $7 a month for all the MCU content you could ever want.... then I have no idea what to tell you.
You seriously believe that Disney+ will reach as many people as the movies do... lol.

Ms. Khan's getting better treatment than Star-Lord and Sersi. unlike Kamala, both debuted or will be introduced in team up flicks.
Hey, at least most people will actually be familiar with their origin stories, to what motivates these two characters. Meanwhile to many Kamala will be "wait, who the heck is that girl talking to Captain Marvel? She wasn't in any of the other movies."

And smug MCU fans will be like "Well of course you don't know who she is, you haven't watched her show!", as if having to watch a show to understand a movie is a normal thing.

And smug MCU fans will be like "Well of course you don't know who she is, you haven't watched her show!", as if having to watch a show to understand a movie is a normal thing.

Having to watch 22 films in order to understand a movie isn't normal. None of this is normal.

Marvel Studios is trying to integrate their TV and film output in a way I have been hoping they would since the AOS pilot. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ms. Marvel is being positioned as the next Spidey. But getting a new and relatively obscure character to that point is going to require a slow rollout and some patience. I think TV first is the smart move.

You seriously believe that Disney+ will reach as many people as the movies do... lol.

Practically every household in America is about to get Disney+.

Pro tip, just wait until they announce actual details about the project and then you can find more substantial things to complain about.

Last edited:
Who should they cast as Kamala Khan? And how young or old should they go? Also, does she have to be Pakistani?

Who should they cast as Kamala Khan? And how young or old should they go? Also, does she have to be Pakistani?

If she wasn't busy with the Ish TV franchise, Yara Shahidi. She is the right age and her father is Iranian, although I don't know if that works.

But you could argue it’s only rep for people who pay for a movie ticket? And Disney plus is cheaper than a movie ticket?

I think it’s wonderful. It’s going to mean so much for a) showing more Muslim American talent and b) doing a story other than about terrorism or horrible things

I guess its great for her fans but I cant stand the character and the exposure/push she's been getting

Practically every household in America is about to get Disney+.

Pro tip, just wait until they announce actual details about the project and then you can find more substantial things to complain about.
No, they wont. Disney + will be popular but not nearly as big as you are expecting it to be

If she wasn't busy with the Ish TV franchise, Yara Shahidi. She is the right age and her father is Iranian, although I don't know if that works.
She's black or rather biracial and definitely not the right actress for this role. She and Marvel would get backlash if she were cast

They'll find some unknown to do it. I don't even know of any actresses of Middle Eastern origin who are actually in demand as of late, which should tell you something.

Hmm, could she be the first mutant in the MCU? Since Inhumans aren't a thing in the MCU and mutants will be in the near future, it might make sense to swap the Terrigen mist accident for an X-Gene activation instead. Something to think about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"