Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by terry78, Aug 23, 2019.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Oh I was eXpecting this to be out before 2022. Oh well I guess it was a stretch.

2. Albright Eeh…

Those arguments that a series will not have releases during a premiere of a MCU movie are nonsense. The episodes come out on Wednesday and movies on Friday. When Stars 9 dropped, it wasn’t an issue to have both a new episode of Mandalorian on Tuesday and the movie on Friday.
    Ms.Marvel is getting delayed, because it’s not ready for late 2021 as they promised during investors day last year. Or the other projects (Moon Knight, She Hulk, Secret Invasion) are not done on time, so Ms. Marvel needs to fill the gap between Hawkeye and Moon Knight or She Hulk

3. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Not internationally. I saw both Shang-Chi and the latest episode of What If...? on their release last Wednesday

4. Albright Eeh…

Thats even more an issue, if it really counts for Marvel, that movie and episode shouldn’t be released the same day - which ain’t imho

5. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

Oh I know, because that's what Disney announced (late 2021), and they haven't yet announced any different. I'm just speculating.

6. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

You're right. I just added in the film releases as another factor on top the crowded D+ schedule. For me it all points to Ms. Marvel dropping in early 2022. If it was going to release sometime in October, let's say, it would have been announced by now. We're already into September.

7. Pennywise Registered

8. Albright Eeh…

February wtf :whatever:
    the longer we have to wait for MsMarvel, the longer we have to wait for Moon Knight…hopefully Moon Knight comes befor she-Hulk

9. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

You didn't see this coming?

10. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

How could it have come out sooner when Hawkeye is next on the slate? They've been taking month-long pauses between Marvel shows, give or take a few weeks. With Hawkeye starting in November and ending in January, Ms. Marvel dropping in February sounds about right.

JB33 likes this.
  11. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

This. February sounds right, with the show ending right before Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness comes out at the end of March.

Drizzle likes this.
  12. Albright Eeh…

Hawkeye ends on 29th of December, which means, that there’ll be a gap of 4-8 weeks gap between Hawkeye and MsMarvel.
    I expected MsMarvel to start around 12th of January…like WV this year.
    If Moon Knight comes after MM and SH, this means waiting for it 16 weeks minimum starting from February - not before June…which will suck

Kev4000 likes this.
  13. Albright Eeh…

this has probably no connection at all to Doctor Strange…same as Loki and BW.
    That couldn’t be the reason, for it to be released in February instead of January (or fall, like it was announced last year)

14. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

I didn't mean that it would set up Doctor Strange. I just meant that it would wrap up just in time for everyone to turn their attention to Doctor Strange.

15. Albright Eeh…

tbh that is and was always a weak argument imho.
    DS2 comes out on a Friday - the D+ series on a Wednessday (which I also don’t understand but that’s ok now). Every hardcore Marvel Fan who will watch DS2 on the day of release do watch Disney series the day it is released - then nothing draws the attention away from a movie, that is released on Friday.
    And other people who don’t watch it on Friday could watch the episode of Moon Knight or whatever on Friday then.
    No one, absolutely no one, will say: I won’t watch DS2 because a new episode of Moon Knight is released in the same week

16. Detective Conan Registered

17. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

And I'm not suggesting it matters to you, or I, or any of the fans either. I was simply pondering that maybe that's the way Disney wants it.

Simply a theory, nothing else. What I DO know, is that it's common sense that this is dropping in January or February. Folks, it's not coming this year. We'd have an announcement and a trailer by now.

And there it is, confirmed in the post above mine.

18. Dr. Evil Registered

If it's true, I will be fine with it as getting rid of her embiggening powers would essentially make her another superhero with blasts coming out of her arms, which we've seen too many of in the MCU these days. This will add some uniqueness to her.

19. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Probably the better route anyway since they don't want to take away from Mr Fantastic when FF comes out, or have Ms Marvel compared to Elastigirl.

20. VictusMortuus Registered

Yeah probably best to save the effects of those powers for F4.

21. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Interesting. So more or less what I predicted a few months back after that leaked concept art.

22. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

MCU junkies getting their fix. LOL.

JB33 likes this.
  23. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

See, you get it. :hehe:

24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This sounds like a good compromise IMO. Totally agree that if you take her powers and make them derivative you will lose part of what differentiates her.

25. Dr. Evil Registered

It's my main issue with the MCU and it's what I fear about She Hulk. I hope Skaar doesn't show up there and if he does, make his powers different than Hulk, She Hulk and Abomination, like have energy blasts coming out of his arms, or a weapon that can harness energy and shoots it out as well as his Hulk like powers. Abomination looks different enough from the Hulk for me to be fine with his appearances. I hope that Monica Rambeau's full powerset is different than Carol's and she has some defensive powers like spectral vision, intangibility and accelerated perception that Carol does not have, which is good, but I hope she doesn't have the exact same offensive powers as Carol. Keeping Kamala's embiggening powers while also giving her blasts coming out of her arms makes her different than Carol and Monica. Doing the embiggening powers like Green Lantern will also make her different than Reed Richards.

Iceman likes this.