Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

It's my main issue with the MCU and it's what I fear about She Hulk. I hope Skaar doesn't show up there and if he does, make his powers different than Hulk, She Hulk and Abomination, like have energy blasts coming out of his arms, or a weapon that can harness energy and shoots it out as well as his Hulk like powers. Abomination looks different enough from the Hulk for me to be fine with his appearances. I hope that Monica Rambeau's full powerset is different than Carol's and she has some defensive powers like spectral vision, intangibility and accelerated perception that Carol does not have, which is good, but I hope she doesn't have the exact same offensive powers as Carol. Keeping Kamala's embiggening powers while also giving her blasts coming out of her arms makes her different than Carol and Monica. Doing the embiggening powers like Green Lantern will also make her different than Reed Richards.
100% with you on all of that. For The Marvels I want all 3 heroes to be unique. I don't mind similar characters and powers but want each of them to at least be differentiated somewhat.

100% with you on all of that. For The Marvels I want all 3 heroes to be unique. I don't mind similar characters and powers but want each of them to at least be differentiated somewhat.

It's my main gripe with Falcon and the Winter Soldier as there were way too many super soldiers, all with the same abilities: The Flag Smashers, Bucky, Isaiah Bradley and John Walker. Give Karli some other power that a super soldier would not have, such as flight or energy absorption. At least with Bucky, he has that bionic arm and Isaiah Bradley is an old man now. The Bionic arm is what made Bucky different than Steve Rogers and Steve had temporary powers via Mjolnir during the Battle of Earth. It's what I fear the most with She Hulk. Debut Amadeus Cho or Rick Jones, sure, but if you turn both of them to Hulk types, make them different than Bruce. Like make Cho a Hulk that can fly or Jones a Hulk that can shapeshift. If they want Thunderbolt Ross to become Red Hulk, I hope he has energy absorption, which Banner (and likely Jennifer) do not have.

And speaking of the Marvels, if Park Seo-Joon plays Noh Varr or Wendell Vaughn, don't make him have the exact same powers as Carol Danvers.

It's my main gripe with Falcon and the Winter Soldier as there were way too many super soldiers, all with the same abilities: The Flag Smashers, Bucky, Isaiah Bradley and John Walker. Give Karli some other power that a super soldier would not have, such as flight or energy absorption. At least with Bucky, he has that bionic arm and Isaiah Bradley is an old man now. The Bionic arm is what made Bucky different than Steve Rogers and Steve had temporary powers via Mjolnir during the Battle of Earth. It's what I fear the most with She Hulk. Debut Amadeus Cho or Rick Jones, sure, but if you turn both of them to Hulk types, make them different than Bruce. Like make Cho a Hulk that can fly or Jones a Hulk that can shapeshift. If they want Thunderbolt Ross to become Red Hulk, I hope he has energy absorption, which Banner (and likely Jennifer) do not have.

And speaking of the Marvels, if Park Seo-Joon plays Noh Varr or Wendell Vaughn, don't make him have the exact same powers as Carol Danvers.
This is exactly what I’ve always asked for. I’m not one who is put off by multiple characters of the same type as long as you give them all something unique to stand out from among the rest while being similar. Karli as the leader should have had something a bit more special than the other flag smashers rather than just being extra boring. Even being old and no longer in active service like Isaiah worked as an effective differentiator so we aren’t asking for much. Abomination has a different visual to Hulk and the bionic arm marks out Bucky as you say. Falcon as Cap will also have different abilities in addition to the shield (and actually minus the super soldier benefits).

Hopefully all the writers go with this and successfully differentiate whichever characters they choose to include in these shows/films.

This is exactly what I’ve always asked for. I’m not one who is put off by multiple characters of the same type as long as you give them all something unique to stand out from among the rest while being similar. Karli as the leader should have had something a bit more special than the other flag smashers rather than just being extra boring. Even being old and no longer in active service like Isaiah worked as an effective differentiator so we aren’t asking for much. Abomination has a different visual to Hulk and the bionic arm marks out Bucky as you say. Falcon as Cap will also have different abilities in addition to the shield (and actually minus the super soldier benefits).

Hopefully all the writers go with this and successfully differentiate whichever characters they choose to include in these shows/films.

It helps that Sam is a regular human being good at fighting. Makes him stand out in a world of super soldiers.

I hope for more of the same in Armor Wars....that the stolen Iron Man suits all have different weapons and looks. I liked the fact that there was Rhodey's suit and the Hulk Buster suit because the Hulk Buster suit had a different look and Rhodey's suit had a different set of weapons compared to Tony Stark. Likewise, I am hoping that Riri Williams Iron Heart gear has a different look to the Rescue gear Pepper wore in End Game but also have different weapons as compared to Rhodey.

I do hope that the Kamala Khan rumor about her embiggening like Green Lantern is true. it would make her standout in the MCU instead of being another " oh great, another hero with blasts coming out of their hands!" The blasts should compliment it. I would lose interest in the Marvels if Kamala only had blast powers and Monica's offensive powers are the same as Carol's.

This date makes more sense now since we know Book of Boba Fett comes out 12/26 and will probably air into February. Then Ms. Marvel will start up (which should take us into Dr Strange 2).

This date makes more sense now since we know Book of Boba Fett comes out 12/26 and will probably air into February. Then Ms. Marvel will start up (which should take us into Dr Strange 2).
Do we know how many episodes BoBF is?

So 4 shows per year is max for Marvel on D+ I think with all the upcoming Star Wars series coming.

So 4 shows per year is max for Marvel on D+ I think with all the upcoming Star Wars series coming.

So 2022 will probably have Ms. Marvel, Moonknight, She-Hulk, and maybe Secret Invasion?

Armor Wars and Ironheart?

Have they started filming for those shows? They may wait until 2023 for them to air. I think one MCU show per quarter is pretty good especially when you count the movies in there too. Every quarter will have a MCU movie and a show going on.

Have they started filming for those shows? They may wait until 2023 for them to air. I think one MCU show per quarter is pretty good especially when you count the movies in there too. Every quarter will have a MCU movie and a show going on.
Yeah I think that sounds good. I just hope it doesn't come to the point in which its hard to keep up with everything. NeXt month, I eXpect more D+ announcements like at least three more Marvel shows (Wakanda, Echo and another one).

Armor Wars/Iron :hrt: should start filming neXt year either for a late 2022 release or 2023. Plus What If season 2, I'm guessing would come out in 2023.

Secret Invasion should come out neXt year, unless they only started filming that in the middle of 2022. That show would probably film soon.

So 2022 will probably have Ms. Marvel, Moonknight, She-Hulk, and maybe Secret Invasion?
+ the GotG Holiday Special, but that's more of a one off thing I'm pretty sure right? Not a "show" with multiple episodes.

Otherwise, you're probably right. Then Ironheart, Armor Wars and a couple more as of now unannounced projects (likely another season of What If...? sprinkled in there too) in 2023.

Yep, makes sense to me. More than enough programming.

Now wait until Marvel Studios gets into the publishing game, not to mention video games, like Lucasfilm does with Star Wars. I'd love if there were actual MCU games that are MCU canon (aka unlike the latest Avengers game or Sony's Spider-Man games).

Since that's essentially seven projects for Kevin Feige in a year (when he previously did 2-3), I think I'm comfortable with that so he doesn't get too over-extended and loses quality control.

New promo image leaked
FCbCjtMUYAcmeDv

I'm still not a fan. And I still think these are relevant, especially the first one.

Some worries from fans on twitter I think should be highlighted.

I suspect the changes are also so she doesn't look too much like Reed Richards and step on his toes when he finally appears.

I suspect the changes are also so she doesn't look too much like Reed Richards and step on his toes when he finally appears.
That doesn't make much sense though imo because their powers are already at least as different than all the super soldiers and armored characters we have gotten and will get, or Quicksilver/Speed/Makkari, or Taskmaster/Echo. Especially since it'd be easy to distinguish them visually by having Reed doing more stretching out/elongating parts of his body while having Kamala doing more growing/shinking of parts of her body.

IMO it's not worth sacrificing one of the most iconic powersets of the last decade as well as the whole teenage girl body insecurity/acceptance angle of the character over trying to more distinct from another character. Depending on how it works now she'll just be compared to someone like Green Lantern or Armor instead.. If she indeed gets the power from the bracelet I can see that ruffling some feathers given the cultural significance it has in the comics. We'll see.

I expect it plays a bigger role anyway that the comic version is hard to make look good on a D+ show budget, since realistic human bodyparts/skin are some of the hardest things to make look good with CG especially if they're doing things they shouldn't be doing irl. I guess it is what it is, but it is a shame.

Last edited:
Booooooo this decision Marvel

he stretches while she expands, theyre similar but always seemed different enough in the comics. Hell stretch his arm out to wrap someone up while she makes her foot huge to stomp on someone

i get it tho, between that and giving her energy based powers to be closer to the other two marvels

not a fan though, for the reasons mentioned in the tweets above and more

These changes don't bother me so long as that power makes her slightly different than Carol and Monica.

I can understand why they've updated Ms Marvel's powers for the screen, but I'm still a little disappointed. I feel like the goofy, unusual nature of her body transformations were a large part of the character.

I'm also getting a bit fatigued by how many MCU heroes powers seem to come down holding your arms in the air while randomly coloured VXF fly out. For most of the characters so far, it's made sense, but when you put a bunch of these characters together in battle sequence, it just turns into video game lights show.

IMHO Kamala's classic embiggening powers are unique enough, even alongside Mr Fantastic. My personal theory is that, in all these years since the original Fantastic 4 movies, stretchy limb VFX still look a bit weird and fake, so they've changed it haha

Are they referring to Q4 calendar year or fiscal year? Cause Disney's fiscal year for 2021 just ended in September. So Q4 2022 could be anywhere between July and September.

A July release would sorta line up to that one report where one of the actors said it might air summer 2022.

EDIT- I just looked up the report, they are referring to fiscal year. This news was revealed during Disney's earnings call from earlier today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"