Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by terry78, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Good point. I didn't think about fiscal year initially. But if this ends up in Oct-Dec, then there must be a story issue, similar to what happened with F&WS. Cause there would be no other reason to delay it like that otherwise. But if they mean fiscal year, then yeah the one actor said July. So that fits.

#276 Spider-Fan, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Prison Mike and Venom 1988 like this.
  2. Mike Murdock Registered

Do we think this means Moon Knight is being moved up or just everything being pushed back to second half 2022?

3. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Hard to say but if I had to guess I think Moon Knight is not gonna air until the later part of 2022. Assuming live action Star Wars and Marvel continue to not overlap...

- Boba Fett is being reported as 9 episodes. If that turns out true then She-Hulk won't air until March 2nd.
    - She-Hulk could feasible wrap up it's 10 episodes in time for Obi-Wan to air on May 4th.
    - Obi-Wan is only 6 episodes so it will probably end around June 8th.
    - That then leaves about 3 weeks or so until July, which Ms. Marvel could feasibly start airing. Not enough time for Moon Knight to fit in.

It's also worth noting that Bob Chapek seemed to imply that Q4 could be the start of them overlapping their big tentpole shows. Given Andor is gonna be 12 episodes, its gonna be hard to not overlap with some other show like Ms. Marvel or something else.

Albright likes this.
  4. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

It would be nice if they alternate between their Star Wars and Marvel shows

5. Mike Murdock Registered

Wait, is She-Hulk first? I thought it was Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, then She-Hulk.

6. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

They've never announced an official release date or order for the shows. As far as She-Hulk releasing in March, that's just an educated guess on my part. She-Hulk has been done filming for months and has been in post production. And I can't see them waiting 7+ months to release the next Marvel show.

Albright likes this.
  7. Holy Slapper Registered

Summer 2022 confirmed. What little was shown, looked nice. Iman Vellani is just adorable.

8. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

9. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Part of me hopes the delay for this show is over criticism regarding how the powers look. À la the Sonic the Hedgehog movie delay. I think it's very unlikely that's the actual reason and it's really just wishful thinking on my part, but it's not too late to decide to have her embiggen like she should, since it will be harder to change how her powers work later after her first appearance.

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

So her name is pronounced more like KaMALa with the emphasis in the middle of the world (like the car Camaro) than KAMA-la like VP Kamala Harris pronounces it?

Spider-Fan likes this.
  11. Sithborg Registered

Based on the very last shot of the teaser, might want to give up on her powers.

12. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

13. Dr. Evil Registered

I wholly expect the usual tropes we see on a teenage show, except with super powers. In fact I will be disappointed if the show doesn't have the usual teenage tropes mixed in with the superhero stuff.

14. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I don't know TV Time. Is there any chance that this is legit? If so, potential hints towards Lockjaw and Carol Danvers appearances. Though the listed release dates and the fact that Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk would apparently overlap in season makes me very hesitant to believe this.

#289 SirStrangefolk, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  15. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I will believe it when I see it. Especially since Kenobi is prob coming in May by recent rumors, so I don't see this running concurrent with Kenobi

Prison Mike likes this.
  16. Albright Eeh…

I remember people stating the first episode of F&WS being called „Rest in Peace, Cap“…one week before its release.

17. Albright Eeh…

18. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Street Closures

19. Kev4000 Registered

Spider-Fan likes this.
  20. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Moonknight has it's premiere 1 week before is comes on on D+ on March 30th.
    By that logic Ms Marvel comes out June 10th.

21. Albright Eeh…

The overlapping of MCU and Starwars content will come sooner or later, if you consider the amount of projects in the pipeline.
    Andor will have 12 and She Hulk 10 episodes - that’s 22 weeks in the 2nd half of 2022. And also I am Groot, Willow and probably Mando will also be released in 2022.

22. Dr. Evil Registered

The thing I want to see most and I suspect it will happen will be the usual tropes we see in a teenage show:

- Kamala has a crush on a fellow boy in her class. She has a best friend who is like her in many ways and also a rival who's probably blond and a cheerleader. Also loving but at times over protective parents (one of whom favors academics over everything else) and an annoying sibling. A look inside her high school as well.

The fact that it takes place in the MCU makes it stand out compared to every other teenage project.

23. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Going by the little bit I know from the comics I would assume that:
    - She has a crush but the boy is not in her class.
    - The "best friend who is like her in many ways" would probably be Nakia, though Bruno is less
    similar to her but a closer friend.
    - She does have a blonde rival, who I don't think is a cheerleader but is dating a school athlete
    - The parents seem pretty accurate to what you described
    - Her sibling is an adult and not especially annoying.
    - Her school is important
    - Several of the tropes you described are somewhat subverted or have some kind of twist on them at some point.

24. Dr. Evil Registered

Her sibling as an adult is interesting. The blond rival who is dating a school athlete is also another trope, usually that athlete is on the football team, namely the quarterback.

25. Detective Conan Registered