Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

She is. And with Xochitl Gomez and Hailee Steinfeld, I can't wait for Young Avengers.
Yeah, a good foundation of young heroes being built up here.

Reactions: Lip
a43holgk28691.jpg

cqcddlgk28691.jpg

i don't know kamala's comic canon, nor do i know miles morales, but it seems the big difference between her, miles/parker is that she didn't lose someone close to her during her origin story.

going off spiderverse, miles lost his uncle, and we know about uncle ben. even america chavez and kate bishop lost parents.

kamala is just a kid growing up with powers - i think that's why the show is so fun and joyful - no grief at that same level.

Damage Control is Anti-Superhuman, so I wonder what their reaction will be to a government sanctioned superhuman group. If this happens, is Cleary going to be the one who has to swallow his pride and be like "well, I can't arrest these guys, or I risk losing my job and possibly ruining my life" or will he not care?
Damage Control is also a federal executive department of the government. I don't think they're strictly anti-superhuman, as much as they're anti-supervigilantes, super-villains, super-accidents and anything super that the government doesn't have a handle on. They probably want "enhanced individuals" to exclusively operate under the Sokovia Accords and on the orders of the government, and don't want superpowered minors running around and using their powers however they like. But in the case of a government sanctioned group I don't think they'd go after them, unless they mess up, cause collateral damage, break the accords or the terms under which they're employed by the government, go AWOL, etc.

Damage Control is also a federal executive department of the government. I don't think they're strictly anti-superhuman, as much as they're anti-supervigilantes, super-villains, super-accidents and anything super that the government doesn't have a handle on. They probably want "enhanced individuals" to exclusively operate under the Sokovia Accords and on the orders of the government, and don't want superpowered minors running around and using their powers however they like. But in the case of a government sanctioned group I don't think they'd go after them, unless they mess up, cause collateral damage, break the accords or the terms under which they're employed by the government, go AWOL, etc.

Agent Cleary seems more like on the Thunderbolt Ross spectrum of the Accords than the Jimmy Woo spectrum. The Sokovia Accords state that nny enhanced individuals who use their powers to break the law (including those who take part in extralegal vigilante activities), or are otherwise deemed to be a threat to the safety of the general public, may be detained indefinitely without trial. In WandaVision, Wanda held both an entire town and a Federal Agent (Monica Rambeau) hostage. Jimmy Woo chose to support Wanda and go against Hayward, despite the fact that Jimmy knew Wanda violated the Accords. Cleary would 100% support Hayward in detaining Wanda. Although he might be more on the Ross side of the Accords, I think Cleary is rational enough to recruit the aid of superhumans to take down other superhumans Damage Control is hunting. The one thing I would be interested in is how Cleary and Damage Control will respond to an alien invasion and how they go against alien threats. I would think he would ask for help from superhumans to take down an alien threat, unlike Ross, who still wanted Captain America and his team arrested despite the fact that there was just an alien attack in the UK

I hope Marvel Studios persuades Sony for a Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel team up, I would love to see Tom Holland interact with Ms. Marvel on Disney Plus

I don't know who the girl is so why would I know whether she's in this series or not? She looks like she's dressed in some variant Ms Marvel/ Captain Marvel costume.
I can usually tell when you're trolling people like Psylockolossus but this time I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or not :D.

Anyway, I like the Ms. Marvel jacket. I prefer apparel merch that looks like a more casual version of a character's actual costume/wardrobe over characters just being printed on a shirt or hoodie. If hope to one day get a Black Bolt design blazer or something. I think that'd make for a cool design.

Last edited:
I can usually tell when you're trolling people like Psylockolossus but this time I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or not :D.

Just give me the benefit of the doubt I don't know who she is, which is exactly what I asked in the first place.

Just give me the benefit of the doubt I don't know who she is, which is exactly what I asked in the first place.
So I take it you did not see Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness? Because if you did, you would know who she is.

So I take it you did not see Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness? Because if you did, you would know who she is.

No I have not seen it. At all.

I have been working most evenings and most weekends since it came out and it's no longer in my local theatre anymore so I'll have to wait until it comes out on Disney+ or elsewhere.

And if it is from MoM then why isn't it in a spoiler tag in here?

It probably should be expected given that this was the debut of a recently created character with no ties to the existing MCU. But smaller but more diverse audience is not all that bad of a result. Let's see if the audience grows or shrinks over the run of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"