Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

So they’re going with the Green Lantern direction with Kamala, then? Makes sense, I guess they wanna have Reed Richards have the honor of being the first human with stretchy powers in the MCU. Extra emphasis on ‘human’ since Groot obviously isn’t one despite being able to stretch.
Way to not understand the thematic purpose of her powers. :doh:

So they’re going with the Green Lantern direction with Kamala, then? Makes sense, I guess they wanna have Reed Richards have the honor of being the first human with stretchy powers in the MCU. Extra emphasis on ‘human’ since Groot obviously isn’t one despite being able to stretch.

Where does it say that definitively? I don't see a link.

People are reactiong to the art that was released.

So they are going to give Kamala the same powers as Carol and probably Monica?

Can't we have heroes/villains in the MCU with different and unique powers for once? I hope that Kamala also gets embiggened powers to go along with blasts, that would make her different than Carol and Monica.

Last edited:

Can't we have heroes/villains with different and unique powers for once? I hope that Kamala also gets embiggened powers to go along with blasts, that would make her different than Carol and Monica.

I doubt it is going to be exactly the same. I suspect it is going to be like a stretchy energy based exoskeleton. And there are probably a coupe reasons for this.

1. Kamala's use of her powers are very goofy looking when translated into live action. Even the video game didn't exactly make her powers look appealing. And it is important to remember, while her powers are similar to Reed's, the usage is very different. Reed doesn't do the whole embiggen thing, and a lot of his stretching is less the weird proportion stuff that goes with Kamala. (And yes Darth, I acknowledge the reason for this from Wilson)

2. Visual and thematic synergy with Carol and Monica. They are going to want their Marvel family of characters to be visual complementary. They are going to be ****ing power rangers, with similar, but visually synergistic powers.

3. And likely reason, and the one less talked about, the budget. Doing an big energy fist is going to be a lot cheaper and quicker than a giant hand.

I doubt it is going to be exactly the same. I suspect it is going to be like a stretchy energy based exoskeleton. And there are probably a coupe reasons for this.

1. Kamala's use of her powers are very goofy looking when translated into live action. Even the video game didn't exactly make her powers look appealing. And it is important to remember, while her powers are similar to Reed's, the usage is very different. Reed doesn't do the whole embiggen thing, and a lot of his stretching is less the weird proportion stuff that goes with Kamala. (And yes Darth, I acknowledge the reason for this from Wilson)

2. Visual and thematic synergy with Carol and Monica. They are going to want their Marvel family of characters to be visual complementary. They are going to be ****ing power rangers, with similar, but visually synergistic powers.

3. And likely reason, and the one less talked about, the budget. Doing an big energy fist is going to be a lot cheaper and quicker than a giant hand.

I hope this is the case.

I read that they’re delaying this until early 2022. That sucks if that’s the case. It leaves a 6 week gap between What If and Hawkeye, which I thought they could fit Ms. Marvel in there.

Yeah me too. But it wasn’t a reliable source.
It was the same source that said last year, that WV will be released around Thanksgiving 2020

Can't we have heroes/villains in the MCU with different and unique powers for once? I hope that Kamala also gets embiggened powers to go along with blasts, that would make her different than Carol and Monica.

Maybe that would be too much of a stretch.

I don't like the apparent power change. If it functionally works the same (minus her whole body shrinking/growing), I'll be OK with it, but it's a disappointment. Her powers are a weird mix of Ant-Man and Mr. Fantastic, but it's that combo used uniquely.

Some worries from fans on twitter I think should be highlighted.

Yeah me too. But it wasn’t a reliable source.
It was the same source that said last year, that WV will be released around Thanksgiving 2020

Ok that’s good to hear

Im not buying the “her powers come from her bangle” thing… we are already getting shang chi and the ten magical wristbands… if theyre doing this to distance her from unrelated characters then theyre definitely not going to repeat a power from a movie coming out mere months before this is released.

and yeah, Im nearly 100% sure she will still be using these powers to embiggen, not shoot energy blasts. But as many others have said, her powers shouldnt be pretty or it dilutes her themes considerably

But then again, it fits Marvel to make the series about being a fan of themselves...

Im not buying the “her powers come from her bangle” thing… we are already getting shang chi and the ten magical wristbands… if theyre doing this to distance her from unrelated characters then theyre definitely not going to repeat a power from a movie coming out mere months before this is released.

and yeah, Im nearly 100% sure she will still be using these powers to embiggen, not shoot energy blasts. But as many others have said, her powers shouldnt be pretty or it dilutes her themes considerably

My issue is that I don't want her powers to be the same as Carol (and probably) Monica.

She might still have the embiggen powers, but rather than her hands literally becoming bigger, she may just form some sort of giant energy crystal fists. I'd have to wait to see it in action to fully judge it.

I could live with that.

With Hawkeye premiering on November 24th, looks like this will either debut on the same day as What If..? season finale (unless they air two episodes then) or early next year.

I could live with that.

With Hawkeye premiering on November 24th, looks like this will either debut on the same day as What If..? season finale (unless they air two episodes then) or early next year.

TV!ine said most likely early 2022

So, I’ve been thinking about this and what if this is the solution to her powers for now. This allows the character to mostly be the same from the comics while also having a stronger connection to the marvels.

then at some point down the line, when feige decides to rvisit the Inhumans he can have Kamala go through Terrigenesis in a manner that is consistent with the other Inhumans and she will then get her natural stretchy Embiggen powers.

Ms. Marvel: Beyond the Limit delayed three months

Marvel has postponed its planned comic book limited series Ms. Marvel: Beyond the Limit, which was timed to thematically tie-in with the upcoming Disney Plus Ms. Marvel streaming show that Marvel Studios has signaled will debut by the end of 2021.

The five-issue series by Samira Ahmed and Andrés Genolet was announced back in June for a September 15 debut, but the publisher has informed retailers that the series' launch has been delayed three months to a new, December 1 debut.

I don't mind delaying the comic to tie in better with this release (although I think they really just need to time it for the trade, not the floppies). Hopefully, there's no attempt to re-write it to match that promotional image.

Looks like this will be delayed to early 2022. Maybe mid January, which is the spot where WANDAVISION was released. They have a narrow window between when WHAT IF...? ends and when HAWKEYE premiers on November 24. And besides that you have the next two films (ETERNALS and SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME) to focus on. Just not enough room to squeeze in MS. MARVEL.

Thinking we'll get MS. MARVEL in January and then MOON KNIGHT some time later in the Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"