Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

Are they referring to Q4 calendar year or fiscal year? Cause Disney's fiscal year for 2021 just ended in September. So Q4 2022 could be anywhere between July and September.

A July release would sorta line up to that one report where one of the actors said it might air summer 2022.

Good point. I didn't think about fiscal year initially. But if this ends up in Oct-Dec, then there must be a story issue, similar to what happened with F&WS. Cause there would be no other reason to delay it like that otherwise. But if they mean fiscal year, then yeah the one actor said July. So that fits.

Last edited:
Do we think this means Moon Knight is being moved up or just everything being pushed back to second half 2022?

Do we think this means Moon Knight is being moved up or just everything being pushed back to second half 2022?

Hard to say but if I had to guess I think Moon Knight is not gonna air until the later part of 2022. Assuming live action Star Wars and Marvel continue to not overlap...

- Boba Fett is being reported as 9 episodes. If that turns out true then She-Hulk won't air until March 2nd.
- She-Hulk could feasible wrap up it's 10 episodes in time for Obi-Wan to air on May 4th.
- Obi-Wan is only 6 episodes so it will probably end around June 8th.
- That then leaves about 3 weeks or so until July, which Ms. Marvel could feasibly start airing. Not enough time for Moon Knight to fit in.

It's also worth noting that Bob Chapek seemed to imply that Q4 could be the start of them overlapping their big tentpole shows. Given Andor is gonna be 12 episodes, its gonna be hard to not overlap with some other show like Ms. Marvel or something else.

It would be nice if they alternate between their Star Wars and Marvel shows

Hard to say but if I had to guess I think Moon Knight is not gonna air until the later part of 2022. Assuming live action Star Wars and Marvel continue to not overlap...

- Boba Fett is being reported as 9 episodes. If that turns out true then She-Hulk won't air until March 2nd.
- She-Hulk could feasible wrap up it's 10 episodes in time for Obi-Wan to air on May 4th.
- Obi-Wan is only 6 episodes so it will probably end around June 8th.
- That then leaves about 3 weeks or so until July, which Ms. Marvel could feasibly start airing. Not enough time for Moon Knight to fit in.

It's also worth noting that Bob Chapek seemed to imply that Q4 could be the start of them overlapping their big tentpole shows. Given Andor is gonna be 12 episodes, its gonna be hard to not overlap with some other show like Ms. Marvel or something else.
Wait, is She-Hulk first? I thought it was Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, then She-Hulk.

Wait, is She-Hulk first? I thought it was Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, then She-Hulk.

They've never announced an official release date or order for the shows. As far as She-Hulk releasing in March, that's just an educated guess on my part. She-Hulk has been done filming for months and has been in post production. And I can't see them waiting 7+ months to release the next Marvel show.

Summer 2022 confirmed. What little was shown, looked nice. Iman Vellani is just adorable.

Part of me hopes the delay for this show is over criticism regarding how the powers look. À la the Sonic the Hedgehog movie delay. I think it's very unlikely that's the actual reason and it's really just wishful thinking on my part, but it's not too late to decide to have her embiggen like she should, since it will be harder to change how her powers work later after her first appearance.

So her name is pronounced more like KaMALa with the emphasis in the middle of the world (like the car Camaro) than KAMA-la like VP Kamala Harris pronounces it?

Based on the very last shot of the teaser, might want to give up on her powers.

d12692713e7ad6e6462c46ea9859419c93e012a4.gifv

75e6db8bbaea1af427b0bcd5a7a9f0a9b22284fb.gifv

150d3d16b08baab9ee5cb43033fd602bd044e6e8.gifv

6df163873fe94f3c5d9c14387534e2da04400792.gifv

e65c9fbe82777b0d83577405a46a6ae033836174.gifv

7d965d39bcc2131deee2eec73047362e51ead16f.gifv

22519808e5646d189b944fe8699c9c20067857ca.gifv

8216a484e9ce09c2cc5513c7e24e9ca2a5b030d0.gifv

c9382096c3853d9df89a91f0cd207cf7987bf5d9.gifv

648404da5f92f3c71148064375a248f184c64d84.gifv

I wholly expect the usual tropes we see on a teenage show, except with super powers. In fact I will be disappointed if the show doesn't have the usual teenage tropes mixed in with the superhero stuff.

I don't know TV Time. Is there any chance that this is legit? If so, potential hints towards Lockjaw and Carol Danvers appearances. Though the listed release dates and the fact that Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk would apparently overlap in season makes me very hesitant to believe this.

Last edited:
I will believe it when I see it. Especially since Kenobi is prob coming in May by recent rumors, so I don't see this running concurrent with Kenobi

I remember people stating the first episode of F&WS being called „Rest in Peace, Cap“…one week before its release.

Street Closures
"Ms. Marvel" Premiere
Starts: Thu Jun 2nd, 2022 12:01am
Ends: Fri Jun 3rd, 2022 6:00am

Eastbound lanes of Hollywood Blvd., between Highland Ave. and Orange Dr., will be closed. Additionally the westbound turn lane at Orange Dr. will be closed.

Moonknight has it's premiere 1 week before is comes on on D+ on March 30th.
By that logic Ms Marvel comes out June 10th.

The overlapping of MCU and Starwars content will come sooner or later, if you consider the amount of projects in the pipeline.
Andor will have 12 and She Hulk 10 episodes - that’s 22 weeks in the 2nd half of 2022. And also I am Groot, Willow and probably Mando will also be released in 2022.

The thing I want to see most and I suspect it will happen will be the usual tropes we see in a teenage show:

- Kamala has a crush on a fellow boy in her class. She has a best friend who is like her in many ways and also a rival who's probably blond and a cheerleader. Also loving but at times over protective parents (one of whom favors academics over everything else) and an annoying sibling. A look inside her high school as well.

The fact that it takes place in the MCU makes it stand out compared to every other teenage project.

The thing I want to see most and I suspect it will happen will be the usual tropes we see in a teenage show:

- Kamala has a crush on a fellow boy in her class. She has a best friend who is like her in many ways and also a rival who's probably blond and a cheerleader. Also loving but at times over protective parents (one of whom favors academics over everything else) and an annoying sibling. A look inside her high school as well.

The fact that it takes place in the MCU makes it stand out compared to every other teenage project.
Going by the little bit I know from the comics I would assume that:
- She has a crush but the boy is not in her class.
- The "best friend who is like her in many ways" would probably be Nakia, though Bruno is less
similar to her but a closer friend.
- She does have a blonde rival, who I don't think is a cheerleader but is dating a school athlete
- The parents seem pretty accurate to what you described
- Her sibling is an adult and not especially annoying.
- Her school is important
- Several of the tropes you described are somewhat subverted or have some kind of twist on them at some point.

Going by the little bit I know from the comics I would assume that:
- She has a crush but the boy is not in her class.
- The "best friend who is like her in many ways" would probably be Nakia, though Bruno is less
similar to her but a closer friend.
- She does have a blonde rival, who I don't think is a cheerleader but is dating a school athlete
- The parents seem pretty accurate to what you described
- Her sibling is an adult and not especially annoying.
- Her school is important
- Several of the tropes you described are somewhat subverted or have some kind of twist on them at some point.

Her sibling as an adult is interesting. The blond rival who is dating a school athlete is also another trope, usually that athlete is on the football team, namely the quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"