Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

We now know what this Nick Fury series is all about:
secret-invasion-1248507.jpeg

Secret Invasion Disney+ Series With Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn Announced by Marvel Studios
Secret Invasion Disney+ Series With Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn Announced by Marvel Studios

Secret Invasion reunites Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in the next new Marvel Studios series coming to Disney+. Announced by Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige during Disney Investor Day 2020 on Thursday, Secret Invasion sees the small screen returns of super-spy Nick Fury (Jackson) and the shapeshifting Skrull Talos (Mendelsohn). Both appeared together in the big screen Captain Marvel, where they allied with the cosmic-powered Carol Danvers (Brie Larson), and again in last summer's Spider-Man: Far From Home, where Talos posed as an Earthbound Fury while the former SHIELD director eyed a new endeavor off-planet.

Secret Invasion pulls from the 2008 Marvel Comics crossover of the same name, where the heroes of the Marvel Universe discover some of their friends and foes have been secretly replaced by Skrulls, a shapeshifting alien race. The invasion sees the Skrull Empress Veranke imbed herself inside the Avengers, where she sows division as superhero factions grow distrustful towards even their closest allies.

"Just like not all humans are bad, and not all humans are good, I think Skrulls probably have a variety of moralities amongst them," Feige told ComicBook.com in 2019, after Captain Marvel introduced a faction of hero Skrulls. "When they can do what they can do, it probably gets very tempting. So, it's fun to have introduced this concept and see where it goes."

The Marvel chief content officer hinted at Secret Invasion last year, telling Comic Book:
"As we saw in the tag, she's with us now in the present day," Feige said of the mid-'90s set Captain Marvel. "But those intervening years between her soaring off with Talos and answering Fury's call, we think is ripe with potential for storytelling."

The Jackson and Mendelsohn-starring limited series joins a growing roster of original Disney+ series that includes WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki. Other previously announced streaming series include Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and the animated What If...?

0COMMENTS
Marvel Studios has already set the Nia DaCosta-directed Captain Marvel II, again starring Brie Larson alongside Ms. Marvel newcomer Iman Vellani, for release exclusively in theaters on its new date of November 11, 2022.

I'm sure someone else will post a thread on Secret Invasion next and I'll have delete this post and put over there but whatever...

When do people think this will be set? More than likely post-Endgame I'd imagine probably after Captain Marvel 2?

Would be cool if they got a couple cast members from Agent's Of Shield in this for supporting roles.

I feel like this will probably be significantly different from the comic event, but I’m still pumped for it. Gimme that sweet Skrull action.

Would be cool if they got a couple cast members from Agent's Of Shield in this for supporting roles.
Agreed. I think it's unlikely, but I would enjoy it. It's unfortunate that the characters I'd most like to show up in movies (May or Fitz) ended that show in a place no longer doing fieldwork for SHIELD. If anyone showed up it'd most likely be Daisy I guess.

looks like this will tie directly into Captain Marvel 2

Changed thread title now we know more

Agreed. I think it's unlikely, but I would enjoy it. It's unfortunate that the characters I'd most like to show up in movies (May or Fitz) ended that show in a place no longer doing fieldwork for SHIELD. If anyone showed up it'd most likely be Daisy I guess.

It would be cool if they used that final scene of Quake and Sousa as a jumping off point for Secret Invasion. Maybe we come to find out that Sousa has been replaced by a Skrull and then it is Quake and Fury trying to find out how deep the invasion goes.

I’m really glad Fury is going to continue playing the part beyond tiny cameos. I was a bit worried after the absolutely minimal Endgame appearance.

It would be cool if they used that final scene of Quake and Sousa as a jumping off point for Secret Invasion. Maybe we come to find out that Sousa has been replaced by a Skrull and then it is Quake and Fury trying to find out how deep the invasion goes.
Would be cool if they get roles in this. :up:

Marvel should utilize the Jessica Drew or Julia Carpenter version of Spiderwoman.

Spiderman in the first Secret Wars had a crush on Julia Carpenter's Spiderwoman so it is how he got his black suit when he thought of her costume while having the machine repair his own. This was before different writers decided to make the suit a symbiote named Venom.

I dont have the schedule on hand but Is this coming before or after CM2?

A shame Marvel don't own Spider-Woman outright.

Kevin Feige reminded people, that the comic Secret Invasion was the biggest crossover event besides Civil War.

Who do you think will be in this? I do think some big names, that appeared only in the movies yet and not just tv actors

I wonder if they're going to go with The Initiative or the Skrull Kill Crew. It seems the TV format allows for broader stories with the premise.

They’ve got a perfect opportunity to go full on John Carpenter’s “They Live” with this, but I doubt they have the balls to actually do it.

Kevin Feige reminded people, that the comic Secret Invasion was the biggest crossover event besides Civil War.

Who do you think will be in this? I do think some big names, that appeared only in the movies yet and not just tv actors
This could be the streaming show in which almost everyone shows up (or at least a dozen of returning characters like in Civil war) but who knows what eXactly is going to happen.

I feel like this might be a good place to introduce Marvel's top anti-superhero bureaucratic stooge Henry Peter Gyrich if Sword has a presence in this show. He would serve as a good foil to Nick Fury, hampering his efforts to root out Skrulls.

I'm surprised they aren't keeping this plot / story for Avengers 5 and it's 'TV only' as such.

Probably not going to happen, since Marvel Studios confirmed that Agents of Shield wasn't canon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"