Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

Exclusive: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Chloe Bennet Lined Up For A New Marvel Series

Take with a grain of salt. Would be good if she is in this though.

Exclusive: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Chloe Bennet Lined Up For A New Marvel Series

Take with a grain of salt. Would be good if she is in this though.

I dont know how I should feel about this to be honest since I want AoS not to be canon. MCU has to pay attention that they not dilute the quality sign of this brand too much to give some fan services.

YMMV, but I wouldn't consider the MCU taking a hit in quality because of AoS. Besides Daredevil, it was the best thing produced by Marvel Television. Excellent sci-fi series.

The question is, has Fiege actually retconned anything from the marvel shows yet? or are people just talking for him again when they say he is picking and choosing what to keep?

I don't recall at all if any of the Netflix shows mentioned the Sokovia Accords. And they always referred to the Battle of New York as "the incident."
I don't recall the Accords themselves mentioned, but they were mentioned in Agents of SHIELD (and there are two specific crossovers I can think of between that show and the Netflix shows - there's a reference to a gang war in Hell's Kitchen and they used the Judas Bullets). Jessica Jones did mention The Raft, so Captain America: Civil War was definitely referenced even if the Accords were not.

I don't recall at all if any of the Netflix shows mentioned the Sokovia Accords. And they always referred to the Battle of New York as "the incident."

They really wouldn't have had any reason to mention the Accords, seeing as none of the relevant heroes operate on anything resembling an international strategic level. Besides that, though, the timeline doesn't reach that point. I don't think its 100% locked down, but Daredevil season 1 happened not too long after the Battle of New York, and I don't think more than a full year passed for each succeeding season. That would place Daredevil season 3 and the other remaining seasons as happening during or before Age of Ultron.

They really wouldn't have had any reason to mention the Accords, seeing as none of the relevant heroes operate on anything resembling an international strategic level. Besides that, though, the timeline doesn't reach that point. I don't think its 100% locked down, but Daredevil season 1 happened not too long after the Battle of New York, and I don't think more than a full year passed for each succeeding season. That would place Daredevil season 3 and the other remaining seasons as happening during or before Age of Ultron.

At this point it would have taken 5 seasons of each show to get to the Snap.

Not exactly the same, but Typhoid Mary in Season 2 of Iron Fist was held captive in Sokovia.

I’m not too knowledgeable with the Marvel world, so this is probably a dumb question, but is Sokovia just from the MCU or was it a place in the comics as well? I can’t seem to find much about it besides stuff about it in the MCU

It would be fun if for all the character posters for this show they made "Who do you trust?" versions of the posters where there's some wrinkles on the chin, a slightly pointy ear, a hint of green skin, etc. regardless of who actually is a skrull in the show.

I’m not too knowledgeable with the Marvel world, so this is probably a dumb question, but is Sokovia just from the MCU or was it a place in the comics as well? I can’t seem to find much about it besides stuff about it in the MCU
It's an MCU creation. The closest in the comics I guess would be Transia?

The question is, has Fiege actually retconned anything from the marvel shows yet? or are people just talking for him again when they say he is picking and choosing what to keep?
It’s just people speaking for him.
In regards to the Netflix shows, I’ve been seeing sooooo much discussion on Reddit,Facebook etc about whether or not they are canon.
many people are saying, “Feige said they aren’t canon”, which just isn’t true. He did say something along the lines of the Disney+ shows is the first time the tv shows and films are directly intertwined which is true, but it doesn’t make the Netflix shows any less canon.

Things can happen in the same universe but not cross over. For a very random example, Falcon never met the guy at the deli in Avengers 1. Black Panther never met the blonde lady with the kid in Sokovia. They still exist in the same universe. Not everything needs to cross over to be “connected”.
The stories in the Netflix shows are largely self contained, but doesn’t mean they’re not part of the overall MCU.
I still see people complain that the shows mentions the Avengers but not the other way around. Yes, it would have been super awesome for Daredevil or someone to get a mention in the films, but it wasn’t really necessary.
To be honest, the Avengers really don’t have a need to call upon the Defenders. They’re not even an official team. Hell, besides maybe DD, they’re not even traditional “superhero’s” like the other Avengers characters. They’re all largely local vigilantes. I’m sure they don’t know about every super being in the world.
Yeah, I know the Avengers tower was not shown in some shots on the shows, but I’ll just chalk that up to budget reasons. Loeb gave kind of a silly explanation for that, but it works, I guess.

The fact of the matter is, this stuff didn’t even come into question until the Disney+ shows became a thing and the Netflix shows were cancelled.
Those shows *were* originally made to be part of the larger MCU. Now, it’s all up in the air.
You can choose to believe their canon or you can choose to believe they aren’t.
Until we get actual confirmation, we just don’t know.
The Netflix shows (especially Daredevil) have such a loyal following. I think it would be silly for them to recast characters like Matt or Jessica. They know how much the fans love those characters and the actors that play them. I don’t really see them recasting them if they do decide to bring them into the new shows or movies.

Another example ive seen used to “prove” the Netflix shows are not connected to the MCU is Alfre Woodard being in AOU and Luke Cage as different characters. As if Gemma Chan isn’t in both Captain Marvel and Eternals and different characters :laugh: Yes, she was an alien in CM but still.

If you compare DC and Marvel, DC has always made it pretty clear that the CW shows are not related to the films and even some films exist in their own worlds. (Multiverse stuff aside)
With Marvel, it’s never been like that because everything was meant to be part of the MCU (at least in regards to AoS, the Netflix shows etc). I didn’t really watch AoS past the events of Winter Soldier and I’ve heard the later seasons aren’t really set in the same world, but there’s no denying that at one point, that show was canon.

TL;DR: Fans love to speak for Feige. We don’t know one way or the other what the true fate of these shows in the overall MCU are yet. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
It’s just people speaking for him.
In regards to the Netflix shows, I’ve been seeing sooooo much discussion on Reddit,Facebook etc about whether or not they are canon.
many people are saying, “Feige said they aren’t canon”, which just isn’t true. He did say something along the lines of the Disney+ shows is the first time the tv shows and films are directly intertwined which is true, but it doesn’t make the Netflix shows any less canon.

Things can happen in the same universe but not cross over. For a very random example, Falcon never met the guy at the deli in Avengers 1. Black Panther never met the blonde lady with the kid in Sokovia. They still exist in the same universe. Not everything needs to cross over to be “connected”.
The stories in the Netflix shows are largely self contained, but doesn’t mean they’re not part of the overall MCU.
I still see people complain that the shows mentions the Avengers but not the other way around. Yes, it would have been super awesome for Daredevil or someone to get a mention in the films, but it wasn’t really necessary.
To be honest, the Avengers really don’t have a need to call upon the Defenders. They’re not even an official team. Hell, besides maybe DD, they’re not even traditional “superhero’s” like the other Avengers characters. They’re all largely local vigilantes. I’m sure they don’t know about every super being in the world.
Yeah, I know the Avengers tower was not shown in some shots on the shows, but I’ll just chalk that up to budget reasons. Loeb gave kind of a silly explanation for that, but it works, I guess.

The fact of the matter is, this stuff didn’t even come into question until the Disney+ shows became a thing and the Netflix shows were cancelled.
Those shows *were* originally made to be part of the larger MCU. Now, it’s all up in the air.
You can choose to believe their canon or you can choose to believe they aren’t.
Until we get actual confirmation, we just don’t know.
The Netflix shows (especially Daredevil) have such a loyal following. I think it would be silly for them to recast characters like Matt or Jessica. They know how much the fans love those characters and the actors that play them. I don’t really see them recasting them if they do decide to bring them into the new shows or movies.

Another example ive seen used to “prove” the Netflix shows are not connected to the MCU is Alfre Woodard being in AOU and Luke Cage as different characters. As if Gemma Chan isn’t in both Captain Marvel and Eternals and different characters :laugh: Yes, she was an alien in CM but still.

If you compare DC and Marvel, DC has always made it pretty clear that the CW shows are not related to the films and even some films exist in their own worlds. (Multiverse stuff aside)
With Marvel, it’s never been like that because everything was meant to be part of the MCU (at least in regards to AoS, the Netflix shows etc). I didn’t really watch AoS past the events of Winter Soldier and I’ve heard the later seasons aren’t really set in the same world, but there’s no denying that at one point, that show was canon.

TL;DR: Fans love to speak for Feige. We don’t know one way or the other what the true fate of these shows in the overall MCU are yet. Only time will tell.

There are rumors that:

Charlie Cox is in Spider Man 3 and Krysten Ritter will be in She Hulk. I think it would be a soft reboot. Some actors would be brought back and others would not.

There are rumors that:

Charlie Cox is in Spider Man 3 and Krysten Ritter will be in She Hulk. I think it would be a soft reboot. Some actors would be brought back and others would not.

yeah I’ve heard those rumors. And I hope they both come true. I don’t even know if they really need to do a soft reboot. Their past stories wouldn’t really contradict anything. But I can definitely see them recasting the other two. Especially Luke Cage.

but whatever they decide, I don’t care. I just want those two back. Especially Cox as Murdock.

*cough* This is why I think its really more useful to ask, not "Which shows are canon?", but rather "Which shows are compatible with the MCU, and to what extent?" Kevin Feige himself could say "Agents of SHIELD is canon", but this wouldn't actually change that it has major gaping plot holes such that reconciling it with the movies is virtually impossible.

( For the record, if I had to rank compatibility in shorthand, it'd look something like this: Agent Carter > most of the Netflix shows > Cloak & Dagger = Hellstrom > Runaways > Inhumans > Defenders > Agents of SHIELD )

I don't recall the Accords themselves mentioned, but they were mentioned in Agents of SHIELD (and there are two specific crossovers I can think of between that show and the Netflix shows - there's a reference to a gang war in Hell's Kitchen and they used the Judas Bullets). Jessica Jones did mention The Raft, so Captain America: Civil War was definitely referenced even if the Accords were not.

They kind of refer to the Accords with the line Jessica says " That's how things work now" when talking about someone going to the Raft. I call that a reference even if it is not by name

Yeah, I would agree.

Anyway, Feige was recently quoted basically saying "I wasn't paying attention to the stuff I didn't make, but it's always possible to use some of that stuff later." He also flat out rejected the idea that some of the shows weren't as successful as his Disney+ show(s) (although Punisher (and Iron Fist) were conspicuously absent). I think the "he just has to say this because he works for Perlmutter" argument is no longer applicable.

I think they should return at Hulu and Moon Knight should migrate there. Hulu should also be home to a miniseries which introduces Emma Frost and ongoing series for Wolverine and Ghost Rider. Stuff that's under the banner of Marvel MAX as a brand for more adult-oriented fare.

I think they should return at Hulu and Moon Knight should migrate there. Hulu should also be home to a miniseries which introduces Emma Frost and ongoing series for Wolverine and Ghost Rider. Stuff that's under the banner of Marvel MAX as a brand for more adult-oriented fare.
Based on Disney's international (non US) strategy of placing Hulu originals and more adult content onto Disney Plus under the Star banner, I think it's likely that come 2024 when Disney takes full control of Hulu it will be absorbed into Disney Plus.
Disney will find a home for its adult content on its primary streaming service.

Based on Disney's international (non US) strategy of placing Hulu originals and more adult content onto Disney Plus under the Star banner, I think it's likely that come 2024 when Disney takes full control of Hulu it will be absorbed into Disney Plus.
Disney will find a home for its adult content on its primary streaming service.

Yeah but then they can't charge Extra for the Disney+, Hulu and ESPN bundle. Unless they decide to add the Star to Disney Plus in the United States with Moon Knight, I don't see this happening.

So...
y’all thinking Monica Rambeau might be in on this?

Definitely think that'll be the case now.

Especially when

Captain Marvel is 20 months from now and that's too big of a gap in between appearances for someone new like Monica. I would hope they would be shooting by the time Teyonah starts promoting Candyman in July.

Especially when

Captain Marvel is 20 months from now and that's too big of a gap in between appearances for someone new like Monica. I would hope they would be shooting by the time Teyonah starts promoting Candyman in July.

I hope that

Monica is in it, because it would develop her character further and maybe even give her the chance to grow in her powers and learn to use them properly in time for Captain Marvel 2. That way she could be a fully fledged heroine by the time of that film.

And it would fill out the story more otherwise it's a bit of a jump from the end of WandaVision to Captain Marvel 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"