She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

I suspect this show will infuriate the "MCU is too damn funny, needs to be serious" crowd, even though everyone has stated at the start this is a comedy series.

I suspect this show will infuriate the "MCU is too damn funny, needs to be serious" crowd, even though everyone has stated at the start this is a comedy series.

I am comfortable saying that a good 90% of complaints about "too much comedy" were *never* about "inappropriately used comedy", at least in any sincere sense. They were about the presence of any meaningful comedy at all, because it breaks their own personal indulgent sense of Why Won't You Take This Thing Seriously.

I am comfortable saying that a good 90% of complaints about "too much comedy" were *never* about "inappropriately used comedy", at least in any sincere sense. They were about the presence of any meaningful comedy at all, because it breaks their own personal indulgent sense of Why Won't You Take This Thing Seriously.

I am fine with it as long as it doesn't take away from the overall narrative

However, I 100% believe that the first joke and funny moment in She Hulk, there will we people in an angry rage that the show has humor. I bet that will be the first thing people will be angry about.

My main concern is that there will be too many individuals that have the same enhanced abilities as the Hulk without making any changes to them. Bring in Skaar, at least give him a weapon he uses all of the time, even if he has the same enhanced abilities as Bruce. That I would be fine with, if he has a weapon he carries with him all of the time....or he has a different look than Hulk (like Abomination) rather than a grey version of Hulk. I hope Red Hulk has the ability to unleash gamma radiation like he did in the comics, something Bruce hasn't done.

Last edited:
I'm confused about how we are getting to World War Hulk out of this? Hulk/Banner didn't even really care about ruling Sakaar.

Also yeah, World War Hulk was a badly written story as were most of the big Marvel events of the last 20 years.

I'm confused about how we are getting to World War Hulk out of this? Hulk/Banner didn't even really care about ruling Sakaar.

Also yeah, World War Hulk was a badly written story as were most of the big Marvel events of the last 20 years.

Assuming it's like Age if Ultron, where it's name in only.

I must be in that other 10% as I like the banter style of the MCU and think comedy has an important place in the films, but I prefer that to be mainly in the first hour of a film and to lessen as they get to the business end of a film so that the stakes matter. Also no jokes during emotional moments like Korg’s joke about foundations in Ragnarok. That joke in isolation I find funny, but the added value that comes from it is less than the damage to the resonance of the emotional moment in that scene. Would love better judgment in cases like these with due consideration that not all good things are a net positive.

Ginger Gonzaga has the most experience in the comedy department of the entire cast with experience at the Groundlings, Second City and Upright Citizens Brigade. I know that they have said she will play Jennifer's best friend and from what I have read, she's a Skrull in the comics, but I would not be at all surprised if she's a character made exclusively for the series and her job on the show is comedian due to her comedic background. Now I am probably going to be wrong on that one but if it is true, I could see a lot of humor coming from her end as well, as maybe Jennifer visits her while she's doing improv and she entices Jennifer to try it out with her, especially after she goes into Hulk form. It would be different than the humor we are used to seeing in the MCU and it wouldn't be forced and people would not get upset at the humor.

Last edited:
I am fine with it as long as it doesn't take away from the overall narrative

However, I 100% believe that the first joke and funny moment in She Hulk, there will we people in an angry rage that the show has humor. I bet that will be the first thing people will be angry about.

My main concern is that there will be too many individuals that have the same enhanced abilities as the Hulk without making any changes to them. Bring in Skaar, at least give him a weapon he uses all of the time, even if he has the same enhanced abilities as Bruce. That I would be fine with, if he has a weapon he carries with him all of the time....or he has a different look than Hulk (like Abomination) rather than a grey version of Hulk. I hope Red Hulk has the ability to unleash gamma radiation like he did in the comics, something Bruce hasn't done.
And then you have those same people turning around and attacking artists like Scorsese and Villeneuve as "pretentious" and taking movies "too seriously." Only the movies THEY like are allowed to be 'serious' :dry: The main thing I'm dreading is the people claiming that the show is ripping off Deadpool when Jennifer breaks the 4th Wall, as if she wasn't doing that over a decade before Deadpool was a even Deathstroke-ripoff in Rob Liefeld's mind's eye.

Anyway - Do we think this is the next show to drop? Or will Moon Knight hit first?

I do believe Moon Knight is the first D+ show hitting in 2022.

And then you have those same people turning around and attacking artists like Scorsese and Villeneuve as "pretentious" and taking movies "too seriously." Only the movies THEY like are allowed to be 'serious' :dry: The main thing I'm dreading is the people claiming that the show is ripping off Deadpool when Jennifer breaks the 4th Wall, as if she wasn't doing that over a decade before Deadpool was a even Deathstroke-ripoff in Rob Liefeld's mind's eye.

Anyway - Do we think this is the next show to drop? Or will Moon Knight hit first?

I like a lot of Scorsese movies, although not all of them. And he directed the movie "Hugo" which was a children's movie Scorsese did in 2011 and I would not call that movie pretentious in any way. In fact it was quite charming.

I believe he has one in the comics. I wonder who has been cast for the role?

:up: I am fine with him having the same enhanced abilities as Hulk and looking like Hulk so long as he has a weapon. I am not one who wants him to fly or have energy blasts coming out of his arms, I just want him to be distinguishable from Hulk and if all it takes to do that is a weapon, than I am fine with it.

As for who has been cast.....right now, there's one male actor, Josh Segarra, who's role we do not know right now, but if I had to guess, it's one of Jennifer's co-workers at her law firm.

:up: I am fine with him having the same enhanced abilities as Hulk and looking like Hulk so long as he has a weapon. I am not one who wants him to fly or have energy blasts coming out of his arms, I just want him to be distinguishable from Hulk and if all it takes to do that is a weapon, than I am fine with it.

As for who has been cast.....right now, there's one male actor, Josh Segarra, who's role we do not know right now, but if I had to guess, it's one of Jennifer's co-workers at her law firm.
Maybe Josh Segarra is Skaar?

Wow, I didn't even realize until now that we already got a trailer for this. How did I go so long without hearing about it or getting a recommendation on Youtube or something?

Anyway I'm surprised to see that Banner is still in Hulk form. Is this set after Shang Chi? Well, I guess there's no reason to think he can't revert back to human form at will, I suppose.

Using a comedy series to launch something like World War Hulk is... a choice.

Not too much different from how they set up Thor's arc in IW with the joke-filled Ragnarok. Or how they introduced the Venom symbiote to the MCU with a throwaway gag. Or how the Loki series, and all its effects on the multiverse, was essentially caused by a slapstick scene about Hulk knocking over some guards because he was too big to fit in an elevator and had to climb the stairs.

The MCU loves weaving comedy together with serious repercussions.

Last edited:
New Wow, I didn't even realize until now that we already got a trailer for this. How did I go so long without hearing about it or getting a recommendation on Youtube or something?

Probably cause it's not an official trailer and just part of the Disney+ sizzle reel, if I had to guess.

and it was never released outside Disney plus, was it?

Not a proper trailer as such but just a teaser. We don't see She-Hulk in full but just bits of her. Maybe they wanted to finish the CGI. But since she doesn't look much more built than a fitness model, I think there are times when they could have used an actual fitness model coloured green to add to the realism of someone physically there.

btw I was looking for it, but couldn’t find it any more. It’s not even in the „coming soon“ section where the previews for Obi Wand and Willow are integrated.

I still think that the best Disney+ show is still Loki, namely because many of the characters on the show don't need to have their arcs in the MCU continue past the show, because many of the characters are variants of Loki. We'll probably get the usual "we don't know what happens to them next" for many of the She Hulk characters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"