She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Snow Queen, Aug 23, 2019.

1. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

This does seem a bit unfortunate, as I would've liked her to be more buff than she ended up being. It's not a dealbreaker, but it could've been better..

2. Mani-Man I just found out about this (he/him)

Booo, make her Buff you cowards.
    Im fine with how she looks but i would prefer a slightly taller and buffer She-Hulk.

3. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Hope she gets more buff in her next appearance..
    My ideal would be the amount of muscle she had when she was grey.
    [​IMG]

Comicbookguy339 likes this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good that it’s getting a lot of views although I guess it’s part to do with Disney + expanding over time and having more subscribers interested in what’s coming next.

5. Filmfreak Registered

Isn't the original She-Hulk even smaller? At some stories she even looked like a regular woman, just green.

6. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

This is the original She-Hulk from her first appearance. So she's not drawn as being overly muscular, no. But I don't think that every character always got it completely right in their first appearance. I prefer red Daredevil over yellow Daredevil, red-gold human sized Iron Man over metallic grey clunky Iron Man, Blue hairy Beast over guy with big hands and feet Beast and buff muscular (but still not close to regular Hulk physique) She-Hulk over skinny She-Hulk.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Filmfreak Registered

Ok, I stand corrected. But I think the most iconic and classic look is the second one, where she has more feminine characteristics. Even in the original one she doesn't look as beastly as her cousin. What is the issue? That they try to sexualise her and it seems like an outdated approach?

8. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Nah, just that she looks way better with some muscle.

9. Comicbookguy339 Registered

I think she'd look better if she had a bigger waist and thicker thighs. Right now she looks kind of gangly because her hands, arms and feet are disproportionately big compared to the rest of her.

Sth like this would be ideal imo:
    she_hulk_tv_by_ramartwork_da0oi94-fullview.jpg

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I prefer this look:

[​IMG]

Frodo likes this.
  11. Daywalker89 Blood's thicker than water

With the oversaturation of Comic book TV shows and films needing these CGI companies to perform at high levels. Theres gonna be scenes that will be patchy regardless of how much effort that has been put in. Were also at a point where Graphics have hit a wall. Its no surprise we can't tell if CGI has improved over the last 5 or so but i get the frustrations in general.

Companies that work on Marvel series and films like ILM ,Weta Digital, Framestore, DNEG, Cinesite, Cantina Creative, Double Negative, The Third Floor, Lola, Deluxe Stereo D and RISE Visual Effects Studio are absolutely flat out. I haven't even mentioned the lowtier companies that are doing certain scenes. Sorry for ranting i get fascinated by the industry in general and feel theres not enough exposure on the Artists who work in these departments . Oh well i have hopes they will fix the issues because this looks like another great addition to the MCU.

12. Comicbookguy339 Registered

The VFX artists are absolutely working their asses off while being treated like crap.

13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I'm not sure whether its a good sign or a bad sign that people are spending countless pages arguing over the relative quality of CGI, and not far *far* more important issues like "Character" and "Story". *cough*

Hannibal75 and WatchProtect like this.
  14. Filmfreak Registered

Well it's way too soon to comment on plot and characters, but there is enough there to pass on judgment regarding the CGI. Long story short, if those are good, most people will turn a blind eye on the bad special effects.

Frodo likes this.
  15. Dr. Evil Registered

16. Albright No more…Krasinski

Maybe Chip & Dale met her in Uncanny Valley…along with Ugly Sonic

17. Comicbookguy339 Registered

Has it been confirmed whether the show takes place during the five-year time skip/blip? Bruce still being Hulk with no damage to his right arm tells me that it does.

18. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If it did, it would raise the question of where She-Hulk was during the Endgame battle with Thanos.

19. Comicbookguy339 Registered

In court?

TheVileOne and WatchProtect like this.
  20. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Or, it tells you that his arm eventually heals.

Dark Raven likes this.
  21. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Apparently there's a version of the trailer on Disney+ where she has more skin texture than she did in the version that's on Youtube.

[​IMG]

22. Pennywise Registered

23. NotNickFury Registered

It's telling how much Marvel had to have seen the reception to the first trailer's CGI when all of a sudden, it's "Hey, but look at the trailer on Disney+! It looks so much better!" Not new content, not even new scenes. Just that the trailer looks touched up elsewhere.

I mean, at the very least, it's not a Paramount changed Sonic's design after backlash sort of situation.

24. Holy Slapper Registered

More like the Disney+ material is newer and more finished. Just like many people predicted it would be closer to release.

WatchProtect likes this.
  25. eddy Make Mine Marvel

Or its that the trailer is compressed 1080p on youtube but in 4k on disney plus lol.

TheVileOne and DarkKnight88 like this.