She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

I guess the fun thing about a tv series is we don’t just have to choose one era and have a one off til the sequel comes out. We can have many different flavours in the one season which is fun

I preferred Byrne's version of her in Fantastic Four, or in her graphic novel. She had enough sass and fun, but wasn't overboard and still normal. When he began writing and illustrating Sensational She-Hulk, it just because frivolous fluff with no substance at all and completely wacky. It was like reading Howard the Duck or watching either the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or that show Limitless (which was almost like a live action version of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon).

I don't mind some forays into fantasy like Ally McBeal, because that even had its serious moments, but not a complete lack of substance all the time and being silly for the sake of silliness. When it gets like that, the character (whichever comic or show it is) ceases to be a real person but just a complete caricature where you see that no-one would ever act like that in real life.

Yeah i was mostly referring to her personality but you're right. She was at her best when Byrne wrote FF. I really like her character in Byrne's Sensational run even though there's no "weight" to those stories. But his art combined with that personality makes Jen one of my favorite female characters. I also like Soule's run although the art was weak. I would like to see Titania as a villain because that would automaticly raise the stakes. Titania is scary.

Wonderful! Casting must be imminent. Can’t wait! First major casting announcement of phase 4 go!

I'm sure as production gets under way well probably here about an appearance of Mark Ruffalo reprising his role as Bruce Banner/Hulk

I want deets on HOW this is going to be pulled off.

What genre/tone is this show going to be? Is it a legal drama like Better Call Saul or just more traditional action comedy. Ive never read any she hilk comics but I hope the show is able to make itself stand apart, although something tells me if this show was a dark legal crime drama it wouldn't be on Disney+ in the first place. Either way hopefully its enjoyable.

What genre/tone is this show going to be? Is it a legal drama like Better Call Saul or just more traditional action comedy. Ive never read any she hilk comics but I hope the show is able to make itself stand apart, although something tells me if this show was a dark legal crime drama it wouldn't be on Disney+ in the first place. Either way hopefully its enjoyable.

She-Hulk has never been dark legal crime drama. Quite the opposite. It's more like Ally McBeal.

She-Hulk was doing Deadpool's break the fourth wall schtick long before Wade was a gleem in Liefeld's eye. Yes, there's a lot of exploring what it is to be a female hero, but theres a **** ton of
comedy and commentary on super hero comics.

SheHulkV2-031-16.jpg

YMnQVC_z1eOXyt9XRRRcdb_wMSYQYvoR37yvyflI2JSs7_uXIC1YMzG_FUJxtn3w2jxr23gyWa9tZSFondhH_E2PH3kJSU4z3wcD

70717-ssh2.jpg

sensh34.jpg

People keep suggesting her for the role but she says she can’t do it because they’re filming in August.

also apparently they’re looking for an “Alison Brie” type actress for she hulk, which I love!

People keep suggesting her for the role but she says she can’t do it because they’re filming in August.

also apparently they’re looking for an “Alison Brie” type actress for she hulk, which I love!

If she weren't Sue Dearbon in the Flash, I'd say Natalie Dreyfuss. She has that comedic timing and sass and looks like Jennifer Walters. She's only a guest star and perhaps semi regular on that show though.

Whether she'd jump ship from DC to Marvel or whether they'd look at her is another matter. She is the niece of Richard Dreyfuss of Jaws and Close Encounters fame.

I was just listening to a podcast with Tia Carrere, you know from Aj and the queen and Wayne’s world? She was so fun. She might be a fun Titiania

Alison Brie looks reminiscent of Calista Flockhart here:

If she had this look for Jennifer, that would work well, particularly if they wanted to make her like Ally McBeal.

So is Alison Brie gonna be Jen? Or is that just another rumor? I wouldn't mind, i love Alison but this hasn't been confirmed yet i believe.

Brie Larsen and Allison Brie should hang out and do a drag act called the two Bries

That would be rather cheesy.

So is Alison Brie gonna be Jen? Or is that just another rumor? I wouldn't mind, i love Alison but this hasn't been confirmed yet i believe.

Just a rumour as the type they're looking for.

Interesting choice too, but I would prefer Alison.

Alison would be miles better. And given that She-Hulk is a character known for her sexiness and beauty, D’Arcy Carden would not look like a traditional image of She-Hulk that readers would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"