Comics Marvel to End The Amazing Spider-Man with Issue #700

They obviously learned nothing from the 1998 reboot. Let's hope it doesnt take them 5 years to have the issue numbers put back the way they should be.

:wall:

Did you see the Marvel Panel at SDCC and the Marvel NOW picture? He has a new costume... my expectation is reboot, new origin story, new everything...

It's not like this was some huge surprise. With Marvel NOW hitting and 700 hitting in December it was pretty obvious there was going to be a renumbering for Spider-Man's title as well. So, we'll either get a renumbering or a new title other than Amazing Spider-Man.

From what I've heard of Marvel NOW the continuity is going to stay the same. Spider-Man isn't going to get the DC continuity reboot.

However, you never know... :oldrazz:

right, like THAT'S gonna last...

wonder how many numbskulls are gonna be madrushing to buy multiple copies of the last one and the renumbered first one...

are there still any naive ones out there like that?...

Last edited:
They did this in 1999.

And it sucked.

Spider Man is probably my favorite superhero. Ever. But I can't stand anything that Marvel has done with the character this past year or two or three... ITs funny. As many problems as I've had with The Amazing Spider Man, that film is still far more faithful to the Spider Man I know and love than any of the comics or cartoons Marvel has done. In effect, they have destroyed my favorite character in their comics. I'm not saying they could fix, and if they did't I would for sure be happy. But I don;t see that happening at all any time soon. (also its Spidey's anniversary! So lets celebrate but ENDING HIS COMIC SERIES!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I just think if they are going to do this, then don't count the issues of Spidey NOW when they bring ASM back. Y'know, when they bring ASM back, it should be at 701.

HAHAHA, reading some of the reaction, I understand why Dan Slott is going underground soon. If I saw these comments and I knew the inevitable ending of the storyline, it would drive me nuts too.

LMAO, Dan is probably going to be the only person in America without the internet. He's probably smashing his router with a hammer as we speak. :)

They obviously learned nothing from the 1998 reboot. Let's hope it doesnt take them 5 years to have the issue numbers put back the way they should be.

:wall:
Wait 5 years, that's right
Wait until they reach issue 800

The pace of 2 issues a month will stay or change?

An inglorious return to one issue a month pacing?
1 issue for Spidey and another for Alpha?

HAHAHA, reading some of the reaction, I understand why Dan Slott is going underground soon. If I saw these comments and I knew the inevitable ending of the storyline, it would drive me nuts too.

LMAO, Dan is probably going to be the only person in America without the internet. He's probably smashing his router with a hammer as we speak. :)

You weren't around here when Sins Past hit. Trust me the reaction that is going on is EXTREMELY tame.

I remember it somewhat. I was a longtime lurker before I started posting.

So was I; I was actually scared that someone was going to murder Straczynski.
Anyway, i hear Spidey gets Ock's arms somehow, hence "Superior".

So was I; I was actually scared that someone was going to murder Straczynski.

I think that is a little over-dramatic. :dry:

They have the luxury of some anonymity these days thanks to modern technology. They work from their homes and are scattered across the country/world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"