Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Havok83, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

Exclusive on SWITCH

Kuwolski, Nathan and Sithborg like this.
  2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Well...I am going to have to buy a Switch now. I have been waiting for MUA3 for a long time.

3. Lip

Lip Registered

Hopefully there are more playable characters than the ones in this trailer. Especially the "Fox characters".

Nathan likes this.
  4. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

I have no doubt there will be. I think with this, “The Avengers project”, and “The guardians of the galaxy project” in the future it’s safe to say Marvel is back in the console business.

5. MbJ

MbJ Registered

If they included Wolverine and the Sentinels, Storm and Magneto won't be far behind.

6. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Marvel ultimate alliance 3?! :D
    Exclusively for the Switch? :confused:

7. Lip

Lip Registered

If they're bringing back this game after so many years, I hope they bring back X-Men Legends as well.

Sithborg likes this.
  8. Ninjablade

Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

Huh, was not expecting this at all.

9. Nathan

Nathan Registered

Hope we'll see more non-MCU characters.

10. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

Of course there's gonna be more characters. No videogame like this has ever revealed every playable off the bat from the first trailer

I think its been safe to say when they announced that years ago and we saw them announce new games

11. legendkillin

legendkillin Registered

Man when the first MUA came out it got my hopes up. I loved the story, gameplay, and look of the game I really expected a great franchise. I can still play the 1st one if holds up.
    Then they did the 2nd one, ugh it didn't have the same look I disliked the animation and the story was clunky and forced. They didn't even continue it from the 1st game which was a let down. I didn't like the Civil War in the game.

Now this one looks like that MvC: Infinity and is only coming out on Switch. I would give it a try if it was on PS4. Though it seems to be just movie MCU based, like an extra backstory or what if since all of the Black Order died.

12. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Wolverine and Sentinels already hint at a bit heavier X-men involvement. Team Ninja is making it, so that should be interesting.

13. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I Keep watching the trailer. i hope your squad is all onscreen at once during single play. I saw during the sandman fight there was a team but it looked like that could've been multiplayer. And I definitely hope we get more than just mcu centric characters. Give me at least 4 xmen and the whole f4. Theres no telling how much DLC they can profit off this.

14. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

They put Wolverine in front to make sure people knew this wouldn’t be strictly MCU centered. I doubt they would ever repeat the MvC:I disaster.

Kuwolski and MbJ like this.
  15. Gamma Goliath

I get that, I think we can expect a few non mcu characters. I hope they're not too modest with the roster. And I hope we get good skins. I'm disappointed they went with yet another infinity gauntlet story but I get it. I'll be glad when the movies wrap up this plot so the comics and everything else can as well.

Nathan likes this.
  16. Nathan

Nathan Registered

Anyone else not in love with the art style? It barely looks better than Avengers: Battle for Earth and also gives me slight mobile game vibes. Then again, even Marvel Strike Force seems to have crisper graphics than what we're seeing right now from this game.

2kt09 likes this.
  17. MbJ

MbJ Registered

That was my thought as well. Having a big scene in the trailer involving Wolverine and the Sentinels seemed like nipping another potential Marvel vs. Capcom-style PR disaster in the bud.

18. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Registered

Yeah, that and the blatant MCU promotion kept me from getting too hyped. That's how I felt when MvC:I was announced, too. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, why do they keep putting Gamora in that hideous white suit? She stopped wearing that in the comics years ago.

19. Gamma Goliath

Definitely. Looks like mvc infinite and strike force had a baby and this is what came out. I can forgive the art direction if the gameplay is good.

20. Sithborg

I mean, the 17 characters we have to start off (assuming that the screen is all playable characters) is off to a nice start. And a nice mix.

The art style reminds me of the X-men Legends games, a bit more cartoonish. Which I am fine with.

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

It looks crap. I don't own Switch and will not buy one ever, but even if this was going to Playstation, I don't think i would purchased it. It looks like your standard Marvel game with all of the Marvel superstars crammed into 1 game and of course in true fashion, they are only featuring Wolverine as the representative to the X-Men. A big mile of meh. The logo also looks $***.

22. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

And for others to know , Yes ,there will indeed be more X-men in this installment of this game it looks they bring in the entire MU or will try. it says so below

[​IMG]
    Top, Switch
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order announced for Switch
    Published 8 hours ago. 54 comments.

there's another switch model on the way that may likely be an upgrade. But any ways you said your peace. Right now marvel did an exclusive with sony over spider man they did the same with this this seems to be the thing for now until they make publishing house of their own with studio's thatwill only work on marvel gamessolely under their umbrella . it'll be easir to make an univers the way I just mentioned then have it all locked up in exclusivity. But they may be playingball in the mean time with all the different long time publishers to get the games out inthe mean time. they have give somthing for these games to happen.

#22 zenith16, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Not going to lie, I died of happiness when I saw wolverine versus the sentinel. It was just a great way of showing its not just the mcu.

Interesting that Nintendo and Disney seem to be cuddle buddies now. They share similar ethos. I wonder if Disney is playing a new major buy? We might see pikachu join the avengers!

24. Gamma Goliath

Very surprised black panther wasnt in the line up there. He's probably an unlockable.

25. Sithborg

What is interesting is that this is being published by Nintendo. So, clearly, Squeenix didn't get an exclusive deal for Avengers.

Here's hoping this is what LFL does once the EA contract is up.