Switch Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Honestly, I don't even care about the graphics. Just deliver me a fun game. Are they going to reference the prior 2 games at all?
Why would they? This isnt being made by the same people and will likely be MUA in name only. The second game itself wasnt really a true sequel either

Last edited:
Why would they? This isnt being made by the same people and will likely be MUA in name only. The second game itself was really a true sequel either

True enough. MUA2 ended up doing nothing with lingering things from MUA, so this will probably just be its own thing, as well.

True enough. MUA2 ended up doing nothing with lingering things from MUA, so this will probably just be its own thing, as well.
Pretty much how I see it. I don't know if MUA2 had any type of tease, but the only thing the first one had was Galatus and considering you already fought him I think they felt it's more interesting to have heroes face a new and different threat. Honestly, I'm surprised they kept the 3 there, could have just called it Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The Black Order.

While Thanos is a bit over saturated at the moment he makes a great foes for such a huge team-up. And with Endgame coming out in a few months you might as well strike.

And I think these characters are definitely in:

Black panther
Captain marvel
Vision
Black bolt
Medusa
Without a doubt, I bet they'll all be announced before launch. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Captain Marvel reveal around when her movie comes out. I'd also add Dr Strange to that list.

Pretty much how I see it. I don't know if MUA2 had any type of tease, but the only thing the first one had was Galatus and considering you already fought him I think they felt it's more interesting to have heroes face a new and different threat. Honestly, I'm surprised they kept the 3 there, could have just called it Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The Black Order.

While Thanos is a bit over saturated at the moment he makes a great foes for such a huge team-up. And with Endgame coming out in a few months you might as well strike.

Without a doubt, I bet they'll all be announced before launch. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the Captain Marvel reveal around when her movie comes out. I'd also add Dr Strange to that list.

I do wish we would get Captain Marvel, the FF, and Black Panther & Vision as DLC characters, but not sure they will do that many DLC characters. But yeah, while Thanos and the stones/gems are everywhere right now, he really is the most logical choice for this game. Honestly, I was thinking he may have been the real 2nd game villain until they ran with the CW idea. I was thinking him or Kang.

Which past characters would you like to return? I really want Songbird as a playable character again.

The Fantastic Four would be my #1 picks for characters outside the ones we already know are in it.

Yeah I would love to see them again. And I want to see Wiccan and hulkling.

Oh and some playable villains would be fun

Personally I Daredevil and Luke Cage are at the top of my list. I think a fun idea would be Coulson as a hidden character, though I wouldn't be surprised if he was a NPC.

Jean, Storm, and Iceman.
I would say these three along with Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops are the top contenders to join Wolverine.

I don't know about you, but I'd expect a console game in 2018 to look better than your run of the mill mobile game. And MUA2 actually looked really great.

8388_Ultimate-Alliance-3.jpg

No, it really didn't.

Like he said, the MUA games were never lookers. At least this one looks cell shaded.

Personally I Daredevil and Luke Cage are at the top of my list.

Safe bet, since we saw the Hand in the trailer.

7 hours ago
Reggie Fils-Aime Explains How MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: THE BLACK ORDER Came To Nintendo Switch
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime offers some insight into the company's relationship with Koei Tecmo and how it helped lead to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order on the Switch.Read more
| 12/16/2018
Filed Under: "Nintendo Switch" Source: IGN
12691.jpg

One of the biggest announcements coming out of The Game Awards last week was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order. What was an even bigger shocker is that it's a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

The first new installment in the franchise in almost 10 years, this was a long time coming. But how did it wind up only on the Nintendo Switch?

IGN had a chance to speak with Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime about working with Koei Techmo, whose Team Ninja division is developing Ultimate Alliance 3. As Fils-Aime explained, Nintendo's previous collaborations on Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors (also Nintendo exclusives) helped make it happen.

“It did. What happens in the world of development is you have companies who have positive experiences in working together, coupled with franchises being available, and the franchise owner wanting to do something with a particular franchise. And in this case, those three elements came together in order to create the opportunity for that game.

“And we love that. And we're constantly looking for those types of opportunities. It's the Team Ninja portion of Koei Tecmo that's working on this. They've got a lot of skills, and it really helped paint a picture of what that game is going to be. We're tremendously excited about it.”

While the response offers some insight into the partnership between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo, it doesn't really explain why Marvel was content with sticking solely with the Nintendo Switch - especially when Sony has sold over 86 million PlayStation 4 consoles. That's a big chunk of the gaming market to be skipping out on.

In the initial announcement, Marvel Games vice president and executive producer Mike Jones praised the Switch's ability to deliver cooperative gameplay and shared experiences. Featuring up to four player co-op via online, local wireless, or Joy-Con - with up to four on a single system - the Switch just seems like a natural fit for a game like Ultimate Alliance.

As for whether the game will make it over to Xbox One or PS4, it's unlikely - especially since Nintendo is publishing it. Similarly, it's unclear if Nintendo fans will see if the original two Ultimate Alliance games - developed under Activision - come to the Switch down the road.

“I really can't comment on that. That's not been an area of focus for us,” he said. “What we want to do is we want to make this game a great experience, and certainly with all of the excitement around the overall Marvel universe, we think it's going to be a great opportunity.”

The MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE series returns for the first time in 10 years—with a new action RPG—exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system! Assemble your ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes from a huge cast including the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men, and more! Team up with friends to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order will release exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2019.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Man I’m so glad this game is coming. I love my switch and having this portable will Ben awesome! Hoping for some mcu costumes!

Storm, Captain Marvel and Iron Fist confirmed.

I’m totally stoked for Storm!

I cant tell if venom was a villain or a playable tease.

After that video I am officially hyped for this. I'm really glad they said "Defenders" when showing Iron Fist because that pretty much guarantees Daredevil, Luke Cage, and possibly Jessica Jones or Punisher. I'm willing to bet they'll have at least four members of each team.

I'm also thankful it's coming out in summer, I was worried I'd have to wait till next winter for this.

I cant tell if venom was a villain or a playable tease.
The video does seem to highly suggest him as playable.

I'm gonna guess they are gonna give us a complete 4 xmen, so I'm guessing hopefully we get cyclops and jean.

Storm was the true surprise from that trailer and they know it lol.

There definitely will be at least four X-men, though I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as six. I think Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Nightcrawler, and Colossus are the top contenders, I would be surprised if any X-character beat them to the roster. I also think if Venom is in fact playable that means you may be able to make a team of villains/anti-heroes. If that's the case then Nebula is a shoe-in and maybe Elektra since the Hand is shown to be involved.

Also I just noticed in one of the gameplay shots Rocket is on Groot's back, I guess they are considered one character which I like, it frees up a space for someone else.

Nice, great to see carol there. Gee what a shame this wasn’t open world but we shouldn’t ask too much

Black Panther and Doctor Strange are obvious but I wonder Wasp will show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"