Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Havok83, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Random490

Random490 Registered

I bet we'll know the full roster by the time it comes out, though I hope they'll be secret characters that will come as a surprise while playing it. Some of those character weren't really an "out-of-left-field choice" At the time Blade was hugely popular with his films, Spider-woman was very prominent in the comics, Sabertooth they were probably re-purposing from X-men Legends to for a quick turn around time, and Moonknight... well yeah he's pretty much always out of left field.

When making these games there's a venn diagram between what Marvel wants, what fans want, and what the developers want. I doubt Marvel has strong feelings over who should be playable, usually developers have to get approval for characters and story and I don't foresee this being a contentious issue. As for the fans, well they already hit the current popular characters, so they'll definitely have room to explore. For the developers it'll be more about who's interest from a gameplay aspect/who is cost effective to develop. That's we're you'll get the "out-of-left-field choice", I already think Crystal and Lockjaw fit that, I would have never chosen them yet they're in that team shot.

2. Bl1nx28

Bl1nx28 Registered

I be
    No doubt BP will be on the list. After all, might as well have a character so badass, even IW couldn't slow him down.

3. BMM

BMM Registered

New box art, and 7/19 release date confirmed.

C7E31532-E26E-4015-9D80-4A67AFD128A5.jpeg DA0168B4-407A-442B-8DD1-F7BB4D478E15.jpeg

4. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Nightcrawler, Miles, and Spider-Gwen, excellent.

5. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

6. MbJ

MbJ Registered

So that presumably settles the Venom question. And Black Panther, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Nightcrawler, Daredevil and Deadpool are all confirmed.

Nice. I wonder if that's it or if we can expect anyone else.

7. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I want gameplay! Lol

8. guyisnotcool

guyisnotcool Registered

Nice. Glad BP, Deadpool, Daredevil, Miles,and Gwen are playable ^_^

9. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I hope the DLC for this game reaches 16+

MarvelWarrior likes this.
  10. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler is certainly a good start for this new age of X-men inclusion into marvel properties. There must at least be one more X-men character so that players can have a full team. Who else might get included? Jean since there is a movie about her coming out soon? Cyclops because he's the leader of the X-men? A tank like Colossus or Rogue? Mainstream fan faves like Iceman or Gambit?

In terms of the rest of the cast, it's so exciting to see Miles and Gwen. I'm also pretty excited to play Black Panther and Scarlet Witch.

MbJ likes this.
  11. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Obviously Cyclops. Looking at the roster, I'm surprised with the lack of Ant-Man, Wasp and Vision and yet we got 3 Spider people.

Nightcrawler over Cyclops is a choice.

I'm still waiting for a roster that features all heroes that headline a film, Netflix leads, F4, Gotg, and Black Bolt/Medusa for the Inhumans. And I guess Shang Chi and Ikaris from Eternals too due to their upcoming films. The X-Men can be saved for their own game but if I have pick four as representatives, Storm, PhoeniX, Cyclops and the Wolverine.

Unmarvel (fighting game roster)
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Thor
    Ant-Man
    Spider-Man
    Doctor Strange
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Black Widow
    Shang Chi
    Star-Lord
    Gamora
    Rocket
    Groot
    Drax
    Ikaris
    Cersie
    Nick Fury
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    War Machine
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Wasp
    Blade
    Ghost Rider
    Deadpool
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Elektra
    Punisher
    Iron Fist
    Moon Knight
    Nova
    She Hulk
    Silver Surfer
    Sub-Mariner
    Spider-Woman
    Black Bolt
    Medusa
    Mr. Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    The Thing
    Human Torch
    Cyclops
    PhoeniX
    Storm
    the Wolverine
    Rogue

#136 psylockolussus, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Cyclops and Jean make the most sense, but I could also see it being Iceman or Gambit since they were in the previous games as well. Colossus is another option since so far there don't seem to be a lot of "brick" characters other than the Hulk and Groot.

If Ms. Marvel doesn't make the base I could see them doing some more of the Champions/teen hero characters as DLC since Miles is in the game.

13. Random490

Random490 Registered

July 19th can't get here fast enough.
    There's definitely more coming, seeing as they announce 30+ playable characters and there are only 21 on the cover. Iron First, Gamora, Drax, Crystal and Lockjaw are missing. So I'm wondering if this is the final box art or there will be another update before release.

I'm surprised about Miles and Gwen since their gameplay won't feel much different from Spider-man. Though I fully support the idea of "Echo characters" like Smash Bros.

I'm very happy about confirming Daredevil, Black Panther, and Dr Strange. Still hoping for F4.
    I could picture them leaving Ant-man and Wasp and npc because it might be difficult to develop their gameplay, not impossible just a tougher nut to crack. Likewise the spider-people are probably much easier since they can re-purpose assets from Spider-man. I also don't think Shangi-chi and Ikaris will be playable since when their films were announced this game was probably deep into development and it makes more sense to focus on current fan favorite characters. Those character will become household names but the films are still a year or two out. Probably best saved if it we get a MUA4

14. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Miles has several power set differences from Peter (namely electrical attacks and camouflage), so they'll probably differentiate them on that. I'm really curious to see how Gwen plays.

Robin's Holyisms likes this.
  15. psylockolussus

I'd rather see an Arkham/spider-Man meets Gta kind of game than mua4.

If I'm not wrong, a lot of the playables probably don't have a role in the story, similar to previous mua games.

16. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

So let's say there are 30 characters (there will probably be more than that), who are the remaining 9 characters not on the cover art?

Crystal
    Iron Fist
    Drax
    Gamora
    Lockjaw
    Nick Fury
    --
    Medusa
    Ms Marvel
    Jean Grey

?

17. psylockolussus

Ant-Man is actually on the cover, he's just too little to be seen. Wasp too. While Invisible Woman is invisible. lol.

Having Crystal and Lockjaw instead of Medusa/Black Bolt is random though I liked that they didnt ignore the Inhumans after that tv show failed.

I would bet my money for Vision as a playable.

18. psylockolussus

Maybe they should save that for another game? I feel like this would be like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
    Is that even coming out ?

19. HexualCirce

HexualCirce Registered

Haha I hope so. I haven't hear anything to the contrary.

20. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Definitely looks very mcu so eternals dlc is a safe bet. Can’t wait to play it! Maybe I should get it digital

21. psylockolussus

Future Marvel games will have the Mcu on mind, so thats nothing new. But i think the roster is a mix of Mcu heroes/Tv characters/Sony film characters/mutants that were with FoX. I think they might want to save the Eternals' look/costumes in the movie or a bigger game instead of being a dlc.

22. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

other have done ant man & wasp and pulled it off but those people aren't on this team of developers.

and yeah I'm thrilled Dare devil's in . but I need more mutants in and I like some new warrior's as well. mile is easy to tell a part and spider gwen is ghost spider now show she'll be cloaking on villain too and may be even more .

[​IMG]

PS5 Details Announced! - The Rundown

1.5K views 11 hours ago Published on 04/17/2019
    #PlayForever #Rundown #news Today in the Rundown, we discuss the first official details on the PlayStation 5, and what we hope want to see from the system! We also craftan update on the big screen Minecraft movie, and find out when you'll get to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3!

Confirming the above

[​IMG]
    Switch
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order launches July 19
    Published 1 day ago. 0 comments.

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN& https://gematsu.com/

23. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I get the feeling the fantastic 4, with maybe the silver surfer and namor would be DLC.

24. MarvelWarrior

MarvelWarrior Does what a Spider can

I really hope miles and Gwen aren’t taking akinga spot from Cyclops and ant man.

25. Random490

Random490 Registered

Don't we all. If they made an open world game with this large of a roster while gameplay as smooth as Arkham my body would explode from excitement. But a game of that scale is very unlikely and would never come to switch. MUA4 would never get made "instead of" that game. They'll either be a sequel or won't, has no effect on games getting made.

I would say Crystal, Lockjaw, Nick Fury, and Vision are all but confirmed playable.

It's a safe bet that Blackbolt, Medusa, Luke Cage, and a 4th X-men are in

Assuming Deadpool isn't taking up the 4th X-men spot, it's anyone's guess between Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Gambit, or Colossus. The all have interesting powers/visual look and fan support. I think it's also possible they may make an unconventional choice though hopefully not at the expense of another character. Seeing Miles and Gwen makes me wonder if they'll add someone like X-23.

I would then say it's likely F4, Ms Marvel, Ghost Rider, at least 2 more X-men, some villains (possibly Elektra) would be on the launch roster or DLC.

Eternals and Shang-chi are longshots. While yes, there are movies being made we won't even see a trailer for them until next year. And they do have much, if any, current pop culture standings and barely have any presence in the comics. Hell the Eternals were killed off in the comics within the last year. I think the teams would rather focus on characters that are currently hot. Specially for DLC, you want those characters to get people buying, but if it's something that already has a huge fan base.