Switch Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

His powers are more different than Spider-Gwen's. Plus, it is hard to see the differences without the different upgrade paths. I liked that customizability in Legends 2.

I liked that customizability in Legends 2.

Customization was one of my favourite things about XML2 so I'm glad it's returning in some way for this game.

I have to admit that this cast is pretty fantastic. It does cater to the MCU but still includes the Spider-verse characters, Netflix characters, X-men, and characters who haven't been adapted yet (like Ms Marvel, so excited!)

The Fantastic Four are the only glaring omissions, though I am hoping for a few more X-men, Shuri, and Medusa.

The roster of the Ultimate Alliance games usually panders to who's been featured in the movies (and now TV). I remember they had Blade in the first one. Then there'slike three to five that haven't been adapted to film, in this one just Kamala. While Miles/Gwen are probably included because of the Spider-verse film.
I think it's pretty much guarantee Ant-man is in, if they can justify 3 spider characters they can easily have two size changers. I don't think they do just one or two F4 members, it's gonna be all or nothing with them.

Personally I prefer cutscenes using in-game characters as oppose to pre-rendered. Keeps a consistent look, gives the possibility of alternate outfits in the scenes, and will mean there'll be more cuteness featuring more characters and character interactions.

I'm liking everything so far. Interesting they mentioned Midnight Sons as a team as far as I know the only member confirmed is Doctor Strange. I'm certain most certain that major teams will have at least 4 members, but minor ones like Midnight Sons could be limited to two. For me that's a pretty solid indication that Ghost Rider will be playable.
I dont mind in game graphics for cutscenes if the ingame graphics already look good enough, but prerendered cutscenes usually more cinematic. To me, this new game looks so dated. And the I'm only interested seeing the roster, but I looked at the gameplay clips, and it looks like a mobile game.

Last edited:
Exclusive Hands-On Impressions
The roster of the Ultimate Alliance games usually panders to who's been featured in the movies (and now TV). I remember they had Blade in the first one. Then there'slike three to five that haven't been adapted to film, in this one just Kamala. While Miles/Gwen are probably included because of the Spider-verse film.
Also whatever is currently big for comics, it usually comes down to whose the most popular as they are developing the game. That's why the first game had such a huge influence from the Ultimate Universe.
I dont mind in game graphics for cutscenes if the ingame graphics already look good enough, but prerendered cutscenes usually more cinematic. To me, this new game looks so dated. And the I'm only interested seeing the roster, but I looked at the gameplay clips, and it looks like a mobile game.
Agree to disagree. I think it looks leagues better than the first game. I love the art style and while the graphics could be better, considering the game play and portability it's a fine trade off.

So is there really a point in putting Miles Morales in the game instead of it being an alternate skin for Spider-Man? Are his move sets going to be that different?
Honestly, we already have a huge cast of characters confirmed that I have no problem with clone characters. Plus any cool ideas they had for Spider-man that they would otherwise get cut can be moved to one of the others.
In the comics miles has different powers including venom blasts and invisibility
You can actually see it in a screenshot
marvelua3_19.jpg

Whoever's big in the comics right now? I don't know about that since they've put Nightcrawler in the roster over Jean Grey.

Hmmm, it sounds like it doesn't have the Legends 2 system, with different options for powers. Bummer.

So is there really a point in putting Miles Morales in the game instead of it being an alternate skin for Spider-Man?

His powers have enough differences from Peter's that I don't see why there wouldn't be a point, tbh.

His powers have enough differences from Peter's that I don't see why there wouldn't be a point, tbh.
In the comics miles has different powers including venom blasts and invisibility

That's good to hear, I remember the chief complaints about MUA1 was there being too many different characters with the same moves.

That's good to hear, I remember the chief complaints about MUA1 was there being too many different characters with the same moves.

Yeah which I must admit, I also had that concern

I am just hoping that there are more than 4 powers for each character. I loved the customization of XML 2, and was bummed when they simplified it in Ultimate Alliance.

I am just hoping that there are more than 4 powers for each character. I loved the customization of XML 2, and was bummed when they simplified it in Ultimate Alliance.
from what I under stand of this it's more like the powers are selectible you get a new ability's every time you level up. so there are alot of abilitys ogf thepowers you have . But there are only four slot's that you use them in (which might you can swap them in & out). and they are all up gradable. it was said at the end of the video here

SWITCH32 mins ago0
Seven minutes of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order gameplay
A look at the four-player action RPG in action.

MUA3_05-11-19.jpg

Game Informer has published a seven-minute gameplay video of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:

About

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance series returns for the first time in 10 years—with a new action RPG—exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system!

Assemble your ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes from a huge cast including the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men, and more! Team up with friends to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order.

In this new storyline, heroes and villains unite in a race across the Marvel Universe to find the Infinity Stones before Thanos and The Black Order use them to unleash cosmic chaos. From Avengers Tower to the X-Mansion and beyond, every stop on the dangerous quest to thwart Thanos results in unexpected collisions of fan-favorite characters and iconic locations. Get closer to the action by shifting the view to an over-the-shoulder “Heroic Camera” perspective—a series first that offers a more immersive way to play single-player or multiplayer on up to four systems. Play online, offline via local wireless, or simply pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend, so they can join your team. With another pair of Joy-Con controllers (sold separately), four players can team up on one system! The drop-in/drop-out co-op possibilities let players create their own “Ultimate Alliance” at will.

Key Features

• Marvel Dream Teams – Assemble your dream team of Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe, each with their unique superpowers.
  • New Heroes – The Guardians of the Galaxy, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and more join the “Ultimate Alliance” for the first time.
  • Original Story – Super Heroes and Super Villains battle Thanos and The Black Order across the Marvel Universe in this new original story.
  • Local and Online Multiplayer – The game can be played offline or online* with up to 4 players on a single screen or using multiple systems.
  • Heroic Camera – In addition to the series’ traditional perspective, players can also select a dynamic, zoomed-in view, allowing for a more immersive play style for single-player or multiplayer when using multiple systems.
  • Multiple ways to play – Play with the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (sold separately).
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is due out for Switch on July 19.

Watch the footage below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Got a video live stream time for you all to find out what inspired the creation of this series & X-men legends in the first place and it's from Diablo according to marvel & these original dev's from raven speaking and the free dom they had from marvel which these dev's that say they had alot t . details below.
hqdefault.jpg

Revealing The Origins Of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
4.9K views 22 hours ago on May 10, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Watch our interview with developers that worked on Raven Software's X-Men Legends and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.Read more

source: Game Informer

here's the full show of the video pod cast podcastof ultimate alliance 3 this week we're getting a look at each of the launch character's ability's like spider qwen's web wrecking ball which will be an all week feathure .

hqdefault.jpg

GI Show – Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Raven Interview
23K views 2 days ago on May 09, 2019 at 3:05 PM

Welcome back to The Game Informer Show! On this week's show, we share new impressions of playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order based on our new cover story! We also talk about the exciting reveal of Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and review the new high-end PS4 and PC controller from Astro. After some great community emails, we're joined by Keith Fuller, Aaron San Fillippo, and Allison Salmon to talk about designing the original Marvel: Ultimate Alliance game at Raven Software.

You can watch the video above, subscribe and listen to the audio on iTunes or Google Play, listen on SoundCloud, stream it on Spotify, or download the MP3 by clicking here. Also, be sure to send your questions to [email protected] for a chance to have them answered on the show.

To jump to a particular point in the discussion, check out the time stamps below.

Click here to play >> 4:15 << - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

43:56 - Ghost Recon Breakpoint
57:26 - Shakedown Hawaii
59:00 - Astro C40 and high-end controller reviews

1:11:55 - Community emails
Click here to play >> 2:08:30 << - Interview on developing Raven's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1

source: Game Informer

Last edited:
SO excited to play as Ms Marvel!

My preliminary main team: Storm, Nightcrawler, Miles, and Kamala

Venom looks cool as always. Glad the mutants are getting their close-up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"