Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x14 Promo "The Devil Complex" Discussion Thread

Holy crap, talk about a turn here

This show is constantly surprising us, the writers have kept us guessing right from start. The writing and acting on this show is just brilliant.

Hail Hydra! They be back!

Cap going be pissed

I thought this episode was straight up trash. Wow.

I never wanted to see the Framework ever again.

What a swerve! The way they wove that thread within the anomaly thread was really smart. The ending was heartbreaking too.

Jemma throwing up from finding out Deke was her grandson was the highlight of the episode.:hehe:

Hail Hydra! They be back!

Cap going be pissed

Captain Rogers will never know. Anton is looking even more like MODOK Superior. I bet he turns and we have Secret Avengers before the series finale.

Im very glad I chose to start watching this show because man am I loving this stuff right now. Lol it just sucks that this is supposedly the last season. This episode was great I thought the actor who plays Fitz delivered a damn good perfomance in this one...Oh and
I'm glad there's a glimmer of hope for fitz and jemma, if this is it for them I'll be devastated. :csad:

UGH... the framework Fitz. They need to stop bringing that crap up.

So wait, were there kree followers of Alveus or something? Do they have their own sect of Hydra?

UGH... the framework Fitz. They need to stop bringing that crap up.

It's not crap and of course they'll bring up the Framework as Fitz is still dealing with that mentally.

So wait, were there kree followers of Alveus or something? Do they have their own sect of Hydra?

My guess is that with many heads ready to emerge there are many sects with a slightly different overall focus.

I liked how they set up the Leopold emergence with Deke's mother the episode before so that he could just talk to Fitz while we were waiting for the anvil to drop. And when the horror didn't come from the Fear Dimension, oh my. By combining Robin's prophecy with Yo-Yo's and Deke's oral history's I will assume that Fitz comes back from this Leopold emergence.

Uh, did you watch to the end of the episode?

Yes, I did. This show can be great but then it has episodes like this where they just go back to their regular foolishness that doesn't work.

Iain DeCaestecker gave an excellent performance though, so that's great. I guess. Even though they're hellbent on never allowing FitzSimmons any happiness for more than two or three episodes in a row.

You know there's a possibility that Deke could get erased from existence. With the butterfly effect logic, they've potentially created a different time line where Fitz/Simmons end up breaking up, or even one of them might die, and Zeke would just disappear.

Keep in mind the original Fitz/Simmons time line didn't have there future grandson living along side them. And they didn't know what there future would be like. With all this additional knowledge something is bound to change in the time line.

Whether the writers want to acknowledge it is up to them.

Framework reminder actually had me missing Aida. I wasn't a big fan of the framework story, but I like Aida as a villain.

I wish they didn't kill her off. They could have just de-powered her or something.

You know there's a possibility that Deke could get erased from existence. With the butterfly effect logic, they've potentially created a different time line where Fitz/Simmons end up breaking up, or even one of them might die, and Zeke would just disappear.

Keep in mind the original Fitz/Simmons time line didn't have there future grandson living along side them. And they didn't know what there future would be like. With all this additional knowledge something is bound to change in the time line.

Whether the writers want to acknowledge it is up to them.

Daisy already called out finding the gravitonium in this timeline and we had Flint and Tess with the hopeful sendoff of grafting asteroids together to make a self sustaining earth. So right now it looks like the divergent timeline type of time travel.

A by product canon wise is that nothing in the movies is happening on the show. Now how far back do you go. Since daisy was only running about 6 months after Hive and Lincoln got nuked there has been no rest or year breaks for the characters.

I agree, though I like Framework Fitz and his dynamic with real life Fitz. I just dont like the idea of the character being evil at all. I dont like the idea of him splittin up with Gemma either, theyre perfect lol.

The only thing I could really have done without was the cringy "just another Russian infiltrating our democracy" line.

the bloke who played fitz knocked it out of the park again and the scene with jemma and deek was powerful.

the 3 of them have a self interest in the timeline staying as it is.

deek stays alive jemma gets fitz back and both fitz and her have at least one kid

may has a self interest in the time line staying as it is, gets to be a mother.

they have to sacrifice for the faith of the world to change.

yoyo has motive to change the timeline but see's it all going in one direction, a self restrictive situation to be in.

Coulson daisy and mac have no motive to keep the timeline in tact and are the 3 we know did not live into the future perhaps sacraficing themselves in a vain attempt.

was the bloke in the shadow at the end knee with the mention of odium or that bloke who sent them through the white monolith, taught he had the cut of him.

The only thing I could really have done without was the cringy "just another Russian infiltrating our democracy" line.

About the time the real world election speculation started the characters stopped using The Superior and went with the Russian. There is No escaping the church of political affiliation anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"