Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x17 "The Honeymoon" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by iambranded, Apr 2, 2018.

1. iambranded

iambranded Well-Known Member

A LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“The Honeymoon” – While an agent’s life hangs in the balance, Fitz, Simmons and Yo-Yo attempt to neutralize a weapon that could play a role in Earth’s destruction, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, APRIL 13 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez.

Guest starring are Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Jeff Ward as Deke, Catherine Dent as General Hale, Dove Cameron as Ruby, Spencer Treat Clark as Werner Von Strucker, Briana Venskus as Piper, Shontae Saldana as Candice Lee, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot and Zach McGowan as Anton Ivanov.

”The Honeymoon” was written by James C. Oliver & Sharla Oliver, and directed by Garry A. Brown.

2. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  3. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

I have a feeling Daisy vs Ruby is going to be cringeworthy.

4. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

Yep. Daisy's powers will be nerfed or she will be an idiot and try not to use her powers. In a sensible fight she'd just crush Ruby with her seismic powers or vibrate her organs into mush.

5. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Unless Ruby is infused with gravitonium 1st.

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

It just hit me that Ruby can basically end up as Graviton for all intent and purposes.

7. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

When has Daisy ever not tried to go Buffy first and only send a seismic blast only as the last resort?

8. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

75% of me wants to see Daisy crack the world in half, but the remaining 25% of me doesn’t want to think about that when I see the Infinity War.

9. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

Ruby is a smokin sexy

10. Morg

Morg Super Moderator

oh bloody hell! Someone kill that idiot president!

11. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Damn You Trump for ruining my Friday Night shows!:cmad:

12. Morg

Morg Super Moderator

and with him being a talker it's gong be some time so don't know when it starts :(

13. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Good to see Trish Walker's boyfriend getting some more screentime on a Marvel program...

14. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

Quake vs Ruby turned out to be a disappointment. Ruby’s fighting skills are on par with Daisy’s, but she was no match for the vibrations.

15. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Slight late start but I'm on board now. Let's see what that whole "invincible" shtick Simmons was going on about now comes out to.

16. <(o_o)>

Good, They are showing the show in its entirety, but it will suck for those who DVR it because it will run over the 1 hour time limit and lose the first 15 or so minutes.

17. Morg

Morg Super Moderator

that news was 20 some minutes due to those reporters talking crap

18. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

And the fandom rejoiced.

19. PimpDaddyDOC-OCK

PimpDaddyDOC-OCK Jesus Luvs U & Hates Me

Next week Graviton will rise. Hope they at least keep it looking like Ruby.

20. <(o_o)>

Would be a shame if she came out looking all grotesque or like a glop of gravitonium, but Ruby is getting what she wanted.

21. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

First Simmons went from biochemistry to a general surgeon to Leopold becoming a M.D. in addition to being an engineer in the Framework but Nurse Piper reading the manual to Mechanic Mac was a hoot.

22. Uskok

Uskok MCU fan

I was surprised to see the real Ivanov dying here. Too bad. He was a cool villain and I wanted to see more of him.

23. <(o_o)>

He is a robot so don't call him dead just yet.

24. Uskok

Uskok MCU fan

A robot with a very bloody human brain on the floor. It seems he had his human head attached to a robotic body. Fatal mistake.

25. nypinta

nypinta Certified Delightfut

Isn't it basic standard procedure to have communication devices when agents are in the field? Why didn't Fitz and Simmons have anything in so Yo Yo could have called them and warned them someone else was coming?

I also think Ivanov is dead. They were implying pretty heavily that he was the main one controlling all the other robots, not that he was just one of many, like Ultron.

I wasn't really expecting that much from the fight scene between Daisy and Ruby, mostly because the actress playing Ruby hasn't had as much experience as the regular cast doing fights. So I allowed a little extra suspension of belief in that scene. But I thought the way the characters were depicted as fighting fit them both. And ironically (??) if Daisy hadn't had her powers back, Ruby probably would have won and then all of them would be in Hale's hands.

I have to say that Hale became so much less interesting as a bad guy the moment they had her decide Coulson was lying just to disagree with her. I mean, she's been talking to aliens for months and has a genetically engineered daughter but Coulson's story is too far-fetched for her? Pulease. They started off with a really intriguing idea, that SHIELD and Hydra would have to join forces to save the world, but they made it boring again. :/ I suspect that maybe Ruby becomes the "destroyer of worlds" and Coulson goes in for the sacrifice play, but Daisy goes back to get him, (which is the video that Deeke had in the future and why he thought she was the one who did it) and her going back is the thing Yo Yo in the future was talking about.

I know a lot of people are extremely happy about the Melinda/Phil scene where she basically yells at him a lot and then tells him she loves him BUT it is possible that she just means as a person, the way one loves their found family. I'm not against Philinda, or whatever it's called, but her statement comes right after her pointing out the rest love him too. I doubt the rest do in a romantic way either so... (Maybe Hunter, if he had been there. He seemed to have a crush, IMO. ;P )

Deeke. Guys the run-of-mouth thing is genetic. I really wish they would give him a talent or purpose that is helpful and stop using him as a punching bag/comic relief. He survived living in a pretty hellish dystopian future, so it's a little silly at this point that they insist on not taking him seriously. He's got to have some badass skills. I mean Piper sold them all out (although she thought she was doing a good thing) and she's back on the team, no problem. Deeke sells out Daisy because she was being completely reckless and no one will let it go. *grumpy*