Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Now who is in this ship you ask?

"have you seen all this weird stuff happening in New York?" I think that may be the only allusion we get to IW.

"have you seen all this weird stuff happening in New York?" I think that may be the only allusion we get to IW.

It sounds like they are referring to the attack on Strange. I be shocked if they don't address the ending of Infinity War.

Also, it looks Talbot is going to become Graviton.

It sounds like they are referring to the attack on Strange. I be shocked if they don't address the ending of Infinity War.

Well he even looks the part with the black beard and all.

Will Talbatron end up destroying this timeline or was it destroyed by the Infinity Gauntlet all along?

Pretty intense episode. The decision to make Talbot into Graviton was surprising, but probably a good move. Pasdar is great actor and has done a great job every time he appears on the show.

And he's got experience flying...

I mostly liked the episode, the Graviton scenes were great. I hated that multiverse explanation though, "choices" creating new timelines is such an old fashioned idea I thought SHIELD would be above it. Coulson's brain fart with the nuclear option wasn't great either.

Great episode i knew the moment they got rid of ruby the show would pick back up.

Wait a minute Qovas's people had been raiding the Lighthouse in Deke's time even with the Kree guard force?

Great episode for sure.

Talbotron saving the day for the team was cool,means Daisy not the only enhanced with upper level tier powers.

Pretty much. We should be careful with even minor plot detail spoilers, so spoiler code for the rest:

It's a little difficult to figure out the timeline of Infinity War. It could be minutes, it could be days. Hard to say. The travel time to Titan is the biggest marker, imo. I suppose, if I were ambitious, I'd try and figure out time zones and things like that to figure out what daytime in New York, night time in Scotland, and daytime in Wakanda means for overall timeline.

If Agents of SHIELD is smart, they'd assume the entire remainder of the season takes place before Thanos completes the gauntlet so they don't have to worry about whether there is a reset button coming a year from now with the next Avengers movie. If Agents of SHIELD gets another season, I would like the movies to let them know if they shouldn't bother showing all the deaths at the end of the movie because they'll be reset. The movies next year appear to not take place after Infinity War.

Additionally to the oblique reference, it's still a thematic tie-in dealing with alien invasion of Earth.

If he had longer hair, he'd look much more like the comics Graviton as well. Either way, he's much closer.

Wait a minute Qovas's people had been raiding the Lighthouse in Deke's time even with the Kree guard force?

Knowing Kassius, that's a feature, not a bug. Population control and breeding fear and all that.

Ok this is the 2nd or 3rd time Deke has talked about the multiverse theory. It's getting impossible to ignore.

I think we better prepare for a cop out season where this season of AoS is in a separate timeline.

I've been debating that the Marvel shows and movies are all set in different multiverses. Mainly as a playful thought experiment, but they might actually follow through with the idea.

So all those early allusions to stuff from the movies are just coincidences?

So all those early allusions to stuff from the movies are just coincidences?

Yep. That's how multiverse's work. Some event's play identically in certain universe's and some event's go in completely different directions.

Ok this is the 2nd or 3rd time Deke has talked about the multiverse theory. It's getting impossible to ignore.

I think we better prepare for a cop out season where this season of AoS is in a separate timeline.

I've been debating that the Marvel shows and movies are all set in different multiverses. Mainly as a playful thought experiment, but they might actually follow through with the idea.
I guess we all have considered the possibility since the time loops. But having grandma talking about Deke as a canary in the coal mine was unexpected. As well as Deke coming back with other shows time travel explanations

Are you saying that, if they show scenes from one of the movies in a window as an alternate universe, that'll show that Agents of SHIELD is in an alternate universe?

I'll be kinda shocked if they do. I doubt the writers would have known about it. The two divisions are not close like they were during Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron, and the Russo's said that only a handful of people saw the movie and knew how it ended.

deek mentioned the multiverse a few times but this episode simmons mentioned deek blinking out of existence being proof that the future has changed and.....

The whole concept makes no sense to me. Cause precedes effect, not the other way around. Nothing that can happen in the future should be able to erase Deke even if it's linear, if they change things then he should have vanished the moment they went back in time. Besides, don't we already know that it's a multiverse anyway, given that we saw Tess and Flint with the broken Earth after the team had already gone back in time?

The whole concept makes no sense to me. Cause precedes effect, not the other way around. Nothing that can happen in the future should be able to erase Deke even if it's linear, if they change things then he should have vanished the moment they went back in time. Besides, don't we already know that it's a multiverse anyway, given that we saw Tess and Flint with the broken Earth after the team had already gone back in time?

Many theories of time travel don't follow this, fwiw.

I posted this in the wrong thread so I'm just cutting and pasting here:

Seeing how for most of this season it seemed clear TPTB thought this would be the last, they might feel freer to do whatever they want if they get a 6th season, seeing it as one more than they thought they'd get.

Back to this episode. Yo Yo kind of stole this show in this episode. The scene with them arguing was tough to watch, but they all have things that need to be said if they're ever going to get on the same page again. Seeing Daisy's reaction when Yo Yo pointed out that they didn't choose her gave me the sense that although Daisy thought she didn't want the role as leader, it hurt a little bit more than she expected to hear her teammate say it too. Then later when she finds out that May and Daisy created their own mission that is directly related to what her future-self warned her about added another layer for me to what she did to Ruby. I do think part of her reasoning might have been motivated by revenge, and a greater chunk to stopping the future, but her reaction to what Daisy was doing also made it clear part of her was trying to stop whatever happens so that Coulson doesn't have to die. If she had actually stopped the Destroyer of Worlds before anything happened, then saving Coulson wouldn't be the trigger. So when she said she killed Ruby for nothing, I think she also meant that she knows she's going to lose Coulson now too.

I am getting pretty frustrated with Mack though. How is it that they all went to the same horrific future but it seems only half of them actually give a damn about preventing it? Even the way they're so dismissive of Deeke, judging him by their "living on a whole planet where life isn't a constant struggle between servitude, death, or fates worse than death" morality. He grew up in a future of extremely limited resources, with evil alien overlords that periodically made half the humans fight the other half in a station-wide battle to the death, children were commodities to the Kree, and a few levels were infested with human-eating giant cockroaches. But yeah, give him crap about not being SHIELD protocol perfect.

Phil's "lite it up" line was pretty funny. Him choosing the wrong option on the computer was dumb. Why would he just assume that SHIELD hadn't planned for alien attack? It's SHIELD. They deal in the weird and have plans for *everything*.

Talbot is one of those glorious idiots that of course ruins everything. I am going to miss the Coulson/Tablot bickerfest though.

I don't think this season will deal in any way with IW, mostly because the movie was supposed to come out later. But I do hope that next season they do and they try something just as daring and brave and put it all on the line to tell a good story. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with if they get a new season. (Do we know yet?) And regardless of whatever division there is between the MCU and the people running the TV series and Netflix series, they'd have to be morons to not talk and get their ducks lined up.

I am annoyed with how useless Deke is since they've come to the present. He has potential but they keep just making him the butt of every joke.

With Daisy digging up remains of her mother I am reminded that Leopold's specialty was studying Inhumans to give Aida their combined powers

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"