Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 5x19 "Option Two" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by tbg, Apr 25, 2018.

1. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Now who is in this ship you ask?

3. terry78

"have you seen all this weird stuff happening in New York?" I think that may be the only allusion we get to IW.

4. laytonc32

laytonc32 Well-Known Member

It sounds like they are referring to the attack on Strange. I be shocked if they don't address the ending of Infinity War.

Also, it looks Talbot is going to become Graviton.

5. regnak

regnak Well-Known Member

Well he even looks the part with the black beard and all.

6. PimpDaddyDOC-OCK

PimpDaddyDOC-OCK Jesus Luvs U & Hates Me

Will Talbatron end up destroying this timeline or was it destroyed by the Infinity Gauntlet all along?

7. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

Pretty intense episode. The decision to make Talbot into Graviton was surprising, but probably a good move. Pasdar is great actor and has done a great job every time he appears on the show.

8. nypinta

nypinta Certified Delightfut

And he's got experience flying...

9. Panacea

Panacea Well-Known Member

I mostly liked the episode, the Graviton scenes were great. I hated that multiverse explanation though, "choices" creating new timelines is such an old fashioned idea I thought SHIELD would be above it. Coulson's brain fart with the nuclear option wasn't great either.

10. chicagodave

chicagodave Well-Known Member

Great episode i knew the moment they got rid of ruby the show would pick back up.

11. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

Wait a minute Qovas's people had been raiding the Lighthouse in Deke's time even with the Kree guard force?

12. Brutikus

Brutikus Peace Through Tyranny

Great episode for sure.

Talbotron saving the day for the team was cool,means Daisy not the only enhanced with upper level tier powers.

13. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Pretty much. We should be careful with even minor plot detail spoilers, so spoiler code for the rest:

It's a little difficult to figure out the timeline of Infinity War. It could be minutes, it could be days. Hard to say. The travel time to Titan is the biggest marker, imo. I suppose, if I were ambitious, I'd try and figure out time zones and things like that to figure out what daytime in New York, night time in Scotland, and daytime in Wakanda means for overall timeline.

If Agents of SHIELD is smart, they'd assume the entire remainder of the season takes place before Thanos completes the gauntlet so they don't have to worry about whether there is a reset button coming a year from now with the next Avengers movie. If Agents of SHIELD gets another season, I would like the movies to let them know if they shouldn't bother showing all the deaths at the end of the movie because they'll be reset. The movies next year appear to not take place after Infinity War.

Additionally to the oblique reference, it's still a thematic tie-in dealing with alien invasion of Earth.

If he had longer hair, he'd look much more like the comics Graviton as well. Either way, he's much closer.

Knowing Kassius, that's a feature, not a bug. Population control and breeding fear and all that.

14. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Ok this is the 2nd or 3rd time Deke has talked about the multiverse theory. It's getting impossible to ignore.

I think we better prepare for a cop out season where this season of AoS is in a separate timeline.

I've been debating that the Marvel shows and movies are all set in different multiverses. Mainly as a playful thought experiment, but they might actually follow through with the idea.

15. terry78

So all those early allusions to stuff from the movies are just coincidences?

16. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's how multiverse's work. Some event's play identically in certain universe's and some event's go in completely different directions.

17. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I guess we all have considered the possibility since the time loops. But having grandma talking about Deke as a canary in the coal mine was unexpected. As well as Deke coming back with other shows time travel explanations

18. Mike Murdock

Are you saying that, if they show scenes from one of the movies in a window as an alternate universe, that'll show that Agents of SHIELD is in an alternate universe?

19. Panacea

I'll be kinda shocked if they do. I doubt the writers would have known about it. The two divisions are not close like they were during Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron, and the Russo's said that only a handful of people saw the movie and knew how it ended.

20. just one thing

just one thing Well-Known Member

deek mentioned the multiverse a few times but this episode simmons mentioned deek blinking out of existence being proof that the future has changed and.....

21. Panacea

The whole concept makes no sense to me. Cause precedes effect, not the other way around. Nothing that can happen in the future should be able to erase Deke even if it's linear, if they change things then he should have vanished the moment they went back in time. Besides, don't we already know that it's a multiverse anyway, given that we saw Tess and Flint with the broken Earth after the team had already gone back in time?

22. Mike Murdock

Many theories of time travel don't follow this, fwiw.

23. nypinta

nypinta Certified Delightfut

I posted this in the wrong thread so I'm just cutting and pasting here:

24. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

I am annoyed with how useless Deke is since they've come to the present. He has potential but they keep just making him the butt of every joke.

25. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

With Daisy digging up remains of her mother I am reminded that Leopold's specialty was studying Inhumans to give Aida their combined powers