Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 6x01 "Missing Pieces" Discussion Thread

Phil Caulson (?) returning as a bad guy, never saw that one coming. As usual, its like the writers are inspired ideas from other movies/shows and it looks like they have recycled another idea and executed it blandly and predictably. Then the post credits, I knew it was Fitz.

At the beginning enoch said he had committed to guard fitz for 73 years 200 days, something like that. Does that line up. What year was the future part of season 5 in?

and then the 1 year later is from the point enochs ship got hit.

Only hint at the snap i got was the teacher fellow enjoying his drink, having it in memory of a deceased. but it is most likely completely unconnected.
Yes 74 years is roughly when Fitz was awoken and infiltrated into the post Graviton cracked extinction level event world Lighthouse.

The one year is from stopping Graviton thus breaking the time loop and dropping Coulson and May off for his terminal leave, From the stinger of the episode Enoch and Fitz were attacked shortly after that event on earth and Fitz is out doing something.

I guess at this point you can head canon Dr Benson referencing the snapture but the real reason was to introduce him as the first gay character

He could be, but I honestly think they're going to follow up on what he's referencing and it'll be something else.

I'm just going to assume they're in a different timeline/reality as they go forward. Hopefully they explain something about it during the season. Just disappointing that they've followed along with the movies, only to now ignore them.

I enjoyed the space stuff in the episode but found the Earth based scenes a bi dull. I saw the twist at the end coming. The team facing off against alternate earth Sarge 'Coulson'.
I'll be honest, I'm not bothered by the lack of MCU connections. But it would have been nice to have some more Marvel connections.
It would of been cool if they get Laurence Fishburne to reprise his role as Bill Foster. Foster is ex-shield in the MCU and they need science people. Fishburne probably would of been interested in guest starring as well given that he is a massive Marvel fan and he already has a recurring role on another ABC show (Black-ish)

Back in the day, I wanted Agent Carter to do a season for each decade and one season involved Hank Pym. This would have been much easier if they cast a young Hank Pym as opposed to CGI de-aging since the TV shows don't have the budget of the movies.

Yes 74 years is roughly when Fitz was awoken and infiltrated into the post Graviton cracked extinction level event world Lighthouse.

The one year is from stopping Graviton thus breaking the time loop and dropping Coulson and May off for his terminal leave, From the stinger of the episode Enoch and Fitz were attacked shortly after that event on earth and Fitz is out doing something.

I guess at this point you can head canon Dr Benson referencing the snapture but the real reason was to introduce him as the first gay character

dam. had it in my head it was 80 years and was thinking it was hinting 74ish years from the end of end game. ah well.

The show does not appear to have been treated well by the movie section of the MCU. It's been talked about since age of ultron. Think the writers of the show have tried to show respect to the movies but it is what it is. Jarvis got a shout out, they got robert redford out of retirement for it but couldn't give the show context, a nod, nothing. Would like it to be different but the show is quality, great story telling, the writers can only work with what they have and if thats nothing then they have to start of this season from that point. Marvels loss, they don't appreciate what they have in this thing.

feel v progressive not noticing the gay beat. Or desperate to spot a connection to endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"