Marvel's August 2013 Solicitations

It's very worth noting that it's not just his insecurities that are causing all this. In the last event, X-Termination, Dark Beast stabbed him with and stored a fraction of a death seed in Bobby's body, and that is what is affecting him and causing all these evil projections of his powers and feeding off his emotions and amplifying them. It's certainly not him losing control for no reason. Due to the nature of it, the death seed is likely to be slowly taking him over and causing all this.
Ah ok. I didn't actually realize that. Thanks!

What's a Death seed? I thought Apocalypse just used Celestial tech to change Warren's powers and brainwashed the living s*** out of him to turn him into Archangel. :huh:

I'm still confused as to why Age of Apocalypse Iceman was a bad guy. I read every issue of the original AoA story, and remember nothing even hinting at him being bad.

It was in Uncanny X-Force. He basically just got sick of all the death and hate and wanted more for himself. So he was offered a better life by Archangel in the 616 to essentially become a thug for him, and Bobby accepted it (along with AoA Blob). You got the gist that he had just hit rock bottom so badly that he stopped caring about anybody. I was cautious at first because I really liked him in the AoA, but he ended up being an awesome bad guy. I hope he's able to make a return at some point, or that they use 616 Bobby like that more.

And Corp, the Death Seed was also an Uncanny X-Force creation. Technically, I suppose it was a retcon, but being that we never saw exactly how the tech changed Apocalypse's Horsemen of Death, it still fit without problem. I don't recall the details of it, but I know it has something to do with a Celestial.

What's a Death seed? I thought Apocalypse just used Celestial tech to change Warren's powers and brainwashed the living s*** out of him to turn him into Archangel. :huh:

It's a type of celestial tech. It is in fact the same type that turned Warren to Archangel, and also has a sliver of Apocalypse's power in it, if i remember correctly.

It was in Uncanny X-Force. He basically just got sick of all the death and hate and wanted more for himself. So he was offered a better life by Archangel in the 616 to essentially become a thug for him, and Bobby accepted it (along with AoA Blob). You got the gist that he had just hit rock bottom so badly that he stopped caring about anybody. I was cautious at first because I really liked him in the AoA, but he ended up being an awesome bad guy. I hope he's able to make a return at some point, or that they use 616 Bobby like that more.

And Corp, the Death Seed was also an Uncanny X-Force creation. Technically, I suppose it was a retcon, but being that we never saw exactly how the tech changed Apocalypse's Horsemen of Death, it still fit without problem. I don't recall the details of it, but I know it has something to do with a Celestial.

I need to read Uncanny X-Force. Hope to check out trades at some point soon. If Remender's reputation is any representation (and I have been enjoying Uncanny Avengers), I trust him throwing these curve balls.

The Ben Reilly stuff has me intrigued in the Scarlet Spider book but I know not to get my hopes up. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

The Death seed is Celestial tech carried by Apocalypse's Death Horseman, and it makes him/her more powerful, and an heir to Apocalypse.

Well, probably up through the Dark Angel Saga. Or at least the first arc and then the Dark Angel Saga. The second arc isn't as important, though it does deal with the World (from Morrison's New X-Men run) and that comes into play during the Dark Angel Saga. Still, it's all good.

The second arc was pretty important because it brought back Evan and he played a key role in the Dark Angel Saga.

I think that we can all agree that Corp should just ****ing read the damn thing already.

Yeah he really should. Mainly because Thor plays such a big role in it.

:cwink:

That's it! Everyone hold him down!

hRpU3vIVOpAl.jpg

The more time passes, the more I'm sorta curious. I skim most issues and I'm half thinking about getting it... but I'm just so far behind. I hate being behind on a current title. I still have the first issue, maybe the second, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"