Marvel's black female characters appreciation thread.

Electricmastro

Civilian
Reaction score
Appreciation thread for Marvel's various black female characters, such as:

O0QaBQf.jpg

Misty Knight, Nighthawk, Glory Grant, Storm, Stevie Hunter, Spectrum, Foxfire, Frenzy, Friction, Pathway

Silencer, Charlotte Jones, Tempo, Longbow, Silhouette, Nocturne, Pirouette, Shard, Wildstreak, Lightbright

Krystalin, Neurotap, M, Twilight, Cecilia Reyes, Murmur, Davida Kirby, Ladyhawk, Charmer, Rapunzel

Meteorite, Saint Anna, Angel Salvadore, Sasquatch, Longstrike, Venus Dee Milo, Hub, Whiz Kid, Aja-Adanna, Debrii

Cipher, Melita Garner, Oya, Sun Girl, Decay, Fantomelle, Marvel Woman, Nova, Ironheart, Alloy

Last edited:
And yet we have seen so few of them on the screen or in other media.

Which is why It's nice to have an appreciation thread for them in the comic section.

I suppose.

And yet we have seen so few of them on the screen or in other media.

Yeah, been realizing how there have been quite a lot of black female characters at Marvel over the years, but Storm seems to be the one that, by far, gets the most attention.

Last edited:
Are Shuri and the Dora Milaje getting more attention due to Black Panthers success??

I want to see Storm, Cecilia Reyes, Frenzy and M in the mcu!

Are Shuri and the Dora Milaje getting more attention due to Black Panthers success??

I'm sure their popularity is building up quite a bit, though with Storm being an earlier creation and having been portrayed in many movies and cartoons and such, I don't think they're quite on the same level of popularity.

Last edited:
Shuri has a solo thats billed as Shuri, so I would say yes

701400._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

My daughter is reading this series and she loves it. I also got her this poster when my LCS offered it to me. She was very pleased.

My daughter is reading this series and she loves it. I also got her this poster when my LCS offered it to me. She was very pleased.

It's a great series, with beautiful cover art and interior art (tho the two are very different styles). Love how "movie Shuri" and "comic book Shuri" were blended together and I love that Storm is part of the supporting cast.

It's a great series, with beautiful cover art and interior art (tho the two are very different styles). Love how "movie Shuri" and "comic book Shuri" were blended together and I love that Storm is part of the supporting cast.

I'm impressed by how well the story is walking the tightrope by dealing with Wakanda politics while throwing in giant monsters and kid favorites like Groot and Rocket. It's satisfying for older fans and younger fans alike.

Urgh, people act like Shuri's just here now because of the film. She had the title of black panther and was kicking all sorts of ads 11 years ago.

Second character pictured is Nightshade, not Nighthawk. Unless there's been a name change I'm unaware of.

The new Spider-Woman series has been awesome.

I like this side by side comparison on some of the characters seen in the Black Panther juxtaposed with their 1st appearance: How Do The Black Panther Characters Compare To Their Comic-Book Counterparts?

1aa.JPG

1aaa.JPG

1aaaa.JPG

c9d28f54acb7a059ef64bf598b67db97.jpg

1aaaaa.JPG

Some more:
l205_15131599725936.jpg

dora2.JPG

doramilaje.jpg

1998: Black Panther V3 #1;;;; an interesting sidenote on potential real life counterparts Sony Pictures and EbonyLife TV collaborate on the Dahomey Warriors – The Female African Warriors

10 Additional Background Cast Members for the Dora Milaj in Black Panther: Black Panther (2018) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

2017: world of wakanda Comic: Names additional background Dora Milaj as Zola, folami, naila, onyeka, and dr. ekeh who treats them in

6413587-qwadf.jpg

tee.JPG

2010: Doomwar 5 Part 5
Midnight Angels debut as 5 member team (2 un-named, Teela Team-Leader, Ayo, and Aneka); described as a covert wetworks portion of the Dora Milaj

113917-bp1_post_master.jpg

Later Version: Midnight Angels Black Panther V6 2016 and World of Wakanda 2017

1874330-37278_20100814083907_char.jpg

First Appearance: Black Panther V4 #7 2009

7afzuf7fjmh01.png

tumblr_os0ibnhw7s1uxae82o1_1280.jpg

First Appearance: The Ultimates V2 #2 2016

Last edited:
1113480-queendj.jpg

Queen-Divine-Justice-Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-a.jpg

1999: Black Panther V3 #13

villain.gif

5513658-img_6699.jpg

3630857-1425839-mu7050.jpg

1975: Jungle Action V2 #18

malice#1.JPG
1972: Jungle Action V2 #8

images

malice22.JPG

Black Panther V3 24 Nakia becomes Malice #2

3627747-3451133-4803251721-monic.jpg

88888a4dca5b13cd2557bd2cbf02cbbd.jpg

latest

1970: The Avengers #73

Last edited:
I would like to see more of Heather Tucker (Tempo) and possibly Neurotap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"