Daredevil Marvels Daredevil Season 2 Thread(Spoilers for Season 1.)

VictusMortuus

Civilian
Reaction score
Well after viewing the fantastic 1st season of DD, arguably the best 1st season for any show I've seen, I am greatly anticipating a season 2. With all the easter eggs, and small references made thoughout the season what do people expect/hope to see in season 2? I think season 2 will introduce costumed villains and we'll be seeing, in addition to others I'm sure, Potts as Gladiator with the saws, Stilt-Man, return of Kingpin with his white suit, Bullseye, and Elektra and the Hand.

Karen's back story is clearly being set up for a future season, along with Stick and the Hand.

Might Karen become the Ulrich of the MCU? Maybe Marvel wants to change up her character from junkie secretary to a more substantial female role, and her working closely with Ben was a way to show her taking her first steps into investigative journalism, and his death represents a passing of the torch from him to her.

Just thinking this series could go on for a very long time if they wanted to. With one major antagonist a season and taking it's time to tell a story without trying to cram everything in. This could stretch 10 seasons easily if they don't have 2 years per series.

What will happen to New York. Who will try and take over from the Kingpin. Can he keep power from a prison cell? Will he escape or be released?
Will Owlsley's son want revenge and become the Owl.
Bullseye and Electra to turn up.

Blah blah blah. It's going to be a long wait.

Looking forward to seeing The Chaste and The Hand in the future. Elektra had a reference so I'm sure we'll be seeing her at some point.

Here are a few ideas I thought up for season 2 story arcs.

1. Vanessa's in the wind. The FBI didn't arrest her, so she is free to make contact with Wilson's criminal associates in Italy (surely he has some). She expressed the desire for revenge against those who wronged her and Wilson, so maybe she hires an assassin to kill Daredevil. Maybe a Europe based assassin of the female persuasion. One with a Greek passport, perhaps.

2. The assassination falls through because Elektra recognizes Matt through the mask and refuses to kill him. Vanessa doesn't like this, and dispatches another assassin to clean up the mess and leave no connections to her or Wilson. This time an assassin with a penchant for thrown weapons.

3. The Hand seeks revenge for Nobu's immolation and a whole mess of ninja invade Hell's Kitchen. Matt is in over his head, so Stick, Stone (the mysterious man seen talking to Stick in episode 7, I think) and Melvin/Gladiator jump in to help out. Ninja Battle Royale ensues.

4. We get more info on Karen's secret. The one Ben discovered, but did not disclose. Skin flicks in college? Past drug abuse/convictions? The former drawn from the source material, the latter insinuated in the series.

I hope a couple of these stories do happen. It's gonna be a long wait for season 2.

Think Karrens nightmares will play a role in her future. Don't know if they'll go down the heroin route with her but alcohol and painkillers? Why not. Don't think they'll be quick to kill her off though as they need a couple of regular women on the show. But can see her having a rough time of it.

I would like them to explore Matt's tendency towards depression from the comics. Perhaps some time beyond season 2 they could also use elements from Waid's run. It's not one of the most iconic DD stories but I really like it, after they go through the more important stuff of course.

Here are a few ideas I thought up for season 2 story arcs.

1. Vanessa's in the wind. The FBI didn't arrest her, so she is free to make contact with Wilson's criminal associates in Italy (surely he has some). She expressed the desire for revenge against those who wronged her and Wilson, so maybe she hires an assassin to kill Daredevil. Maybe a Europe based assassin of the female persuasion. One with a Greek passport, perhaps.

2. The assassination falls through because Elektra recognizes Matt through the mask and refuses to kill him. Vanessa doesn't like this, and dispatches another assassin to clean up the mess and leave no connections to her or Wilson. This time an assassin with a penchant for thrown weapons.

3. The Hand seeks revenge for Nobu's immolation and a whole mess of ninja invade Hell's Kitchen. Matt is in over his head, so Stick, Stone (the mysterious man seen talking to Stick in episode 7, I think) and Melvin/Gladiator jump in to help out. Ninja Battle Royale ensues.

4. We get more info on Karen's secret. The one Ben discovered, but did not disclose. Skin flicks in college? Past drug abuse/convictions? The former drawn from the source material, the latter insinuated in the series.

I hope a couple of these stories do happen. It's gonna be a long wait for season 2.

Good points. I think Vanessa being the main villain is absolutely where they are going next season, with her getting Kingpin out of jail around episodes 8 or 9 perhaps. In fact we could get a lot of awesome court scenes with Matt and Foggy trying to fight against Fisk's release.

Last edited:
Obviously this is where they will go. And then we get the backstory of DD and Elecktra college romance to go with the friction of fighting on opposing sides.

I imagine it will focus mainly on the Hand and Elektra storylines. Save Born Again for season 3.

I'm wondering how Fisk will get out of prison. Will his lawyers find a loophole? Or will there be a really elaborate prison escape scene? Either way I can't wait.

Obviously this is where they will go. And then we get the backstory of DD and Elecktra college romance to go with the friction of fighting on opposing sides.
Yeah, replace the origin flashbacks with flashbacks of him and Elektra in college would be great. There's still a lot about Matt we don't know. I like how they had him already as Daredevil and is revealing his past bit by bit as we go instead of blowing the whole wad. It's sort of like Arrow but better executed.

Not necessarily obvious, as they left a few threads hanging. For example:

1. Leland's son seeks revenge against the man who killed his father. Not knowing where to start, he contacts Vanessa through his father's associates. Seeing an opportunity, she convinces him that Daredevil is the one responsible. He then fashions himself some razor sharp claws and a suit that allows him to glide or fly and stalks Hell's Kitchen searching for the Man Without Fear.

2. The Russians are still furious over the death of one of their captains, Vladimir. They seek to kill Wilson while he is in prison, but find that he is one step ahead, having already formed a new power base of inmates and CO's to protect him. Prison gang war ensues.

3. Wilson is in prison. The Russians are gutted. The Triad's heroin trade is decimated and their mistress in hiding. The Yakuza are leaderless. Who will fill the vacuum in Hell's Kitchen? What new threat will arise and seize power? The Rose? Tombstone? Hammerhead?

There are lots of roads to travel that don't involve Elektra or Bullseye. I just hope that they are involved and become long standing support villains, rather than getting killed off after 1 season.

I'm wondering how Fisk will get out of prison. Will his lawyers find a loophole? Or will there be a really elaborate prison escape scene? Either way I can't wait.

Lawyers will get him off. It will rub Mats nose in it. Using the law. Will also make Matt look at himself and decide whether or not he will have to kill him.

Also if he escaped why would he not just leave the country? He could then have a nice comfortable life with his wife in a country with no extradition treaty. Otherwise he'd be in hiding in New York.

Where did you get the idea that Nobu was the leader of the Yakuza? The overall leader of the Yakuza would be based in Japan where their primary base of operations would be. Nobu at best was only a rep of the Yakuza dealing specifically with Fisk and his operation.

This is just me thinking aloud but what if Matt gives Elektra his old mask and she uses it as part of her costume? Kind of looks the same.

BGxGkDS.jpg

Where did you get the idea that Nobu was the leader of the Yakuza? The overall leader of the Yakuza would be based in Japan where their primary base of operations would be. Nobu at best was only a rep of the Yakuza dealing specifically with Fisk and his operation.

Nobu was a member of The Hand. They're the ones responsible for Kingpin's real estate troubles. That boy probably had The Beast in him which is why Stick killed him.

Nobu was a member of The Hand. They're the ones responsible for Kingpin's real estate troubles. That boy probably had The Beast in him which is why Stick killed him.

What did the other guy mean at the end when he asked if Mat would be ready when the doors opened?

After seeing how well all the characters were handled in the first season, I really hope we get Elektra/The Hand in season 2.

What did the other guy mean at the end when he asked if Mat would be ready when the doors opened?

That other guy was Stone, Stick's second in command in The Chaste. His comment was probably in reference to the coming war between The Chaste and The Hand (led by Elektra).

The Defenders will probably be about that war, with Elektra and The Hand coming to New York to burn the city while a DD-led Chaste featuring Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones defends it from them.

Last edited:
That other guy was Stone, Stick's second in command in The Chaste. His comment was probably in reference to the coming war between The Chaste and The Hand (led by Elektra).

The Defenders will probably be about that war, with Elektra and The Hand coming to New York to burn the city while a DD-led Chaste featuring Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones defends it from them.

Sorry haven't read the comics. Have read a little about the Chaste and the Hand on wiki. But why would they attack New York? Also if Stone is Sticks second in command why was he kneeling before him. I know it's a reference to the scene in the comic but would make more sense if they were both sitting. Thanks for your help by the way.

I want to see these guys
Daredevil_vol._2%2C_102_%28Jan%2C_2008%29_artwork.jpg

Make them bikers or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"