Animation Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series

bigdaddy313

Civilian
Reaction score
Marvel's new Guardians of the Galaxy animated series

file_123897_1_guardiansanimatedsmall.jpg

New information about the show.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANIMATED SERIES POSTER Roster

Check out IGN's exclusive debut of Star-Lord and the gang's new key art.

The new animated series Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy debuts Saturday, September 26th on Disney XD and IGN has the exclusive debut of the key art for the series.

Featuring characters both from Marvel's Guardians comics and last year’s huge hit movie, Guardians of the Galaxy's voice cast includes Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Trevor Devall (Johnny Test) as Rocket Raccoon, Vanessa Marshall (Star Wars Rebels) as Gamora, David Sobolov (Transformers: Prime) as Drax the Destroyer, Kevin Michael Richardson (The Cleveland Show) as Groot and James Arnold Taylor (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Yondu and Cosmo.

gotgkey-artjpg-9c6d7b-1.jpg

While the official debut of Guardians is September 26th, viewers will have a chance to first see the show on September 5th, as part of a big rollout Disney XD are giving the series. Check out the complete plan below.

AUGUST 1 – AUGUST 29
• Each Saturday throughout August, two new character shorts will telecast on Disney XD.
o August 1: Star-Lord – Part 1 (8:58 p.m., ET/PT) & Part 2 (10:28 p.m., ET/PT)
o August 8: Groot – Part 1 (8:58 p.m., ET/PT) & Part 2 (9:58 p.m., ET/PT)
o August 15: Rocket Raccoon – Part 1 (8:58 p.m., ET/PT) & Part 2 (9:58 p.m., ET/PT)
o August 22: Drax – Part 1 (8:58 p.m., ET/PT) & Part 2 (9:58 p.m., ET/PT)
o August 29: Gamora – Part 1 (8:58 p.m., ET/PT) & Part 2 (9:58 p.m., ET/PT)

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
• Disney XD debuts sneak peek at first episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.
o "Road to Knowhere" – The newly-christened Guardians of the Galaxy come into possession of a dangerous artifact that has Thanos' new lieutenant, Korath, after them.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
• One-hour premiere of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy featuring back-to-back episodes on Disney XD (9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., ET/PT).
o Encore presentation of "Road to Knowhere" followed by "Knowhere to Run." In "Knowhere to Run," the Guardians struggle to subdue the suddenly-sprung-to-life Celestial head that is the Knowhere space colony, as well as storm Korath's ship to rescue Quill, Gamora and the mysterious CryptoCube that holds the Cosmic Seed.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
• Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy available to WATCH Disney XD users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones, tablets and connected TVs.

Produced by Marvel Animation, the series' award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine (Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor), Dan Buckley (Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.), Joe Quesada (Marvel's Avengers Assemble) and Jeph Loeb (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.); co-executive producers Stan Lee (Spider-Man), Eric Radomski (Spawn, Marvel's Avengers Assemble), Cort Lane (Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man) and Stephen Wacker (Marvel's Avengers Assemble); supervising producers Marty Isenberg (Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Master") and Harrison Wilcox (Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.); consulting producer Steven Melching (Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.); and supervising director Leo Riley (TRON: Uprising).

Per Marvel, The series “follows the newly-formed team who finds a strange artifact keyed only to the DNA of Peter Quill. Upon opening it, Quill unleashes a treasure map leading to a powerful weapon known as the Cosmic Seed which is capable of giving birth to the next universe. It's up to the Guardians to find, protect and ultimately destroy the Cosmic Seed in order to keep it out of the hands of those who would abuse its power, from galactic big boss Thanos, to the conniving brothers the Collector and the Grandmaster, to a resurrected Ronan, to the ultimate trickster, Loki, in order to save the universe.”

Last edited:
I wish it did a bit more to strike a balance between the comics and the movie. That seems like an adaptation of the movie right there.

I wish it did a bit more to strike a balance between the comics and the movie. That seems like an adaptation of the movie right there.

I agree. However, Peter at least has his Element Gun, which he did not have in the movie.

something about the character designs is off

their eyes are too small or something

Finally people have started writing in this tread lol.

Groot's shorts:

[YT]N6W38U8M1hU[/YT]

[YT]BnKEdMO5zFY[/YT]

Both Rocket shorts are out

Part 1

[YT]watch?v=F8-ZpbCw7dY[/YT]

Part 2

[YT]watch?v=q4v-f0gKJuo[/YT]

Enjoy

When is the second episode out? Enjoyed the first one and the shorts.

Hope the one place I get series from has this. Took them until the 2nd season of Avengers Assemble to carry THAT

My understanding is the first AND second show will air Saturday 9:30 eastern

You are correct.

Has the show been decent? Or just as bad as Ultimate spider-man, Avengers Assemble and Hulk Agents of Smash?

Has the show been decent? Or just as bad as Ultimate spider-man, Avengers Assemble and Hulk Agents of Smash?

The fact that nobody seems to be talking about it is pretty telling....I watched the first episode and it was mediocre despite the platitudes that Wacker has been giving us like "stepping up their game". Is it better then the shows you mentioned? Probably. The bar hasn't exactly been set that high.

My suggestion is just pretend the animation division doesn't exist and then come back in 5 years when they genuinely start giving a f**k.

It's okay noting special but so far I like it more than the other shows. That's not saying much tho lol.

The fact that nobody seems to be talking about it is pretty telling....I watched the first episode and it was mediocre despite the platitudes that Wacker has been giving us like "stepping up their game". Is it better then the shows you mentioned? Probably. The bar hasn't exactly been set that high.

My suggestion is just pretend the animation division doesn't exist and then come back in 5 years when they genuinely start giving a f**k.

Wacker and the current Marvel animation regime are a bit of a joke, I still watch some episodes of the shows just to get my Animated Superhero series fix. DC are not giving us anything at the moment.

This series is dull and tries too hard to be like the movie. Starlord acts like a 5 year old and he is the leader of the team?

I'm happy Wacker and co are not making an xmen show any time soon. If they made an xmen show, I bet there will only be one female xmen on the team, no romance at all, and the discrimination aspect of the xmen will be ignored.

Wacker and the current Marvel animation regime are a bit of a joke, I still watch some episodes of the shows just to get my Animated Superhero series fix. DC are not giving us anything at the moment.

This series is dull and tries too hard to be like the movie. Starlord acts like a 5 year old and he is the leader of the team?

I'm happy Wacker and co are not making an xmen show any time soon. If they made an xmen show, I bet there will only be one female xmen on the team, no romance at all, and the discrimination aspect of the xmen will be ignored

Amen. To think it's actually growing in ratings. It may be finding a target, but not one that's sustainable long term.

Last edited:
It surprised me given how bad the other ongoing Marvel cartoons are, but I actually like this show. It does an excellent job of nailing the tone and feel of the film.

My main complaint, is that I'm not really a fan of how they handled Yondu. He's more of a sniveling con-artist type as opposed to the badass pirate he is in the movie. Changes don't really bother me that much, but comes off as rather annoying in this series.

On a more positive note, Cosmo is brilliant. He's absolutely adorable. Definitely my favorite character in the show.

Last edited:
Ok seven episodes in the show is good, the episodes are getting better, their is more mature content, the story is both intricately detailed and quite funny. Marvel animation is getting back on track, so I say as soon as anyone who haven't watched it can, start watching from the beginning to the end.

How is this still? I stopped watching after the first couple of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"