Marvel's Midnight Suns

I haven’t played xcom but I definitely want marvel to keep trying to crack the video game market so I’m keen

I'm intrigued.

I'll be on the lookout for this one though I know little about XCOM games.

I like this kind of game so definitely looking forward to this.

Yeah, definitely more excited for this than Eidos' GotG.

Since Firaxis is developping I hope it's closer to XCOM Enemy Unknown than XCOM 2, though.

Is there some mandate from Disney to limit the amount of Marvel characters in any new game or something? The Avengers game's lack of Marvel characters across the board was pathetic enough, but this is just beyond the pale.

Is there some mandate from Disney to limit the amount of Marvel characters in any new game or something? The Avengers game's lack of Marvel characters across the board was pathetic enough, but this is just beyond the pale.
Their mobile games have plenty of characters.

While the last Ultimate Alliance 3 for Switch had like 50 Marvel characters.

If the rumour is true then I'm not surprised. You play a squad of randomly created characters in the XCOM games.

So this may basically be Freedom Force.

That's a big letdown. What's the point of having all these great characters if they don't use them.

That's a big letdown. What's the point of having all these great characters if they don't use them.
It may be an Agents of SHIELD game for all we know.

I'm pretty sure that isn't Disney or Marvel. That's Square-Enix penny pinching.

That felt like I was watching a trailer for a game from 2006. And I thought some of the character designs for Square's Avengers were bad. What in the hell did they do to Ghost Rider?

Marvel "XCOM" :oldrazz:

I'll wait for the gameplay reveal next week, but I'm more excited for this than GotG.

Firaxis confirmed that Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Blade, Nico Minoru, Magik, Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider, and Wolverine will all be playable. There will be a total of 13 allied heroes in all, drawn from the Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and beyond.

In Marvel’s Midnight Suns, players will take on the role of The Hunter, an all-new character designed in partnership with Marvel Comics. The Hunter is there to stand in for the player, and will be highly customizable in both appearance and combat ability. Solomon said that there are over 40 different superpowers available to the player across a wide spectrum — from light (mirroring the most traditional of the superheroes in the game, like Iron Man and Captain America) to dark (mirroring more occult anti-heroes such as Ghost Rider and Blade).

It's not my type of game but I'm at least glad Nico Minoru is getting some more attention again.
I do feel like it would've been cooler to really focus this game on more supernatural characters instead of always putting Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, etc. in every game. If it were up to me I'd swap them out for characters like Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Morbius, Scarlet Witch, Hellstrom, Brother Voodoo, Man-Thing, Werewolf By Night.
But I get why they want their most iconic characters in it I guess...

That felt like I was watching a trailer for a game from 2006. And I thought some of the character designs for Square's Avengers were bad. What in the hell did they do to Ghost Rider?
I think Robbie looked fine. He certainly looks like Robbie. I found characters like Steve, Carol and Strange wearing black and gold outfits much more jarring.

That is what Robbie Reyes looks like.

From what I've seen, it is an interesting mix of traditional big names and more of the lesser known magic related characters. And I do like the more magic themed costumes given out.

I think this was a GREAT idea! I would've suggested a SHIELD game, personally, but I guess Fireaxis didn't wanna crib too much from XCOM like that. Using an obscure team up like the 90s Midnight Suns event is pretty unique and a great way to avoid making it just another Avengers game but with XCOM gameplay IMO. Looking forward to how this plays!

I need to see a gameplay 1st. I'm guessing the female lead in the trailer is a made up character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"