Marvel's Midnight Suns

I think Robbie looked fine. He certainly looks like Robbie. I found characters like Steve, Carol and Strange wearing black and gold outfits much more jarring.

That is what Robbie Reyes looks like.
I had a brain fart moment and completely forgot Robbie existed. I thought that was supposed to be Johnny.

I think this was a GREAT idea! I would've suggested a SHIELD game, personally, but I guess Fireaxis didn't wanna crib too much from XCOM like that. Using an obscure team up like the 90s Midnight Suns event is pretty unique and a great way to avoid making it just another Avengers game but with XCOM gameplay IMO. Looking forward to how this plays!
Yeah I initially thought it would be an Agents of SHIELD game. From what's been revealed, it will not play like XCOM though. There's a HQ base which can be upgraded and where you can select missions to do. There's no hidden commander and no permadeath. Combat sounds much more faster but it's still turn-based.

My friend who's an experienced XCOM player already lost interest in this when he read the blurb on Polygon's article:
Turn-based RPG shares ‘zero’ mechanics with XCOM and won’t include permadeath

:hehe:

Intrigued. Infinitely more interested in this then the Guardians game. Looking forward to actual gameplay footage next week.

I will have to see more of this. Am I the only one that thought it was just another update for the avengers game at first lol.

Hmmm I guess. I wasn’t into xcom so I doubt I’ll get this but yay to more marvel games!

The edgy 2000s feel is still more appealing than either the Avengers game or Guardians game and their uninspired takes, this at least is doing its own weird thing and I appreciate it. It's very strange out of all properties it's Midnight Sons, I'm so used to them just riffing on the movies lately. I hope there's a few more characters that are actually on that team like Morbius, too.

Roster is 13, so 3 more to reveal.

Pretty certain Wanda is going to be one.

Nice chat with the developer with some details. Yeah, this ain't X-com, this is Fire Emblem. Specifically, Three Houses. And obviously, the interviewer had the same idea, as he asked about the "relationships".

Tony/Steve shippers, do your thing.

Nice chat with the developer with some details. Yeah, this ain't X-com, this is Fire Emblem. Specifically, Three Houses. And obviously, the interviewer had the same idea, as he asked about the "relationships".

Tony/Steve shippers, do your thing.

Hmm has me a bit more interested.

So will this be like a World of Warcraft gameplay or final fantasy? Haven’t played a strategy rpg so am kind of curious

So will this be like a World of Warcraft gameplay or final fantasy? Haven’t played a strategy rpg so am kind of curious

We will find out on the first on the exact details, but think more along the lines of Fire Emblem, XCOM, Mario x Rabbits, and Final Fantasy Tactics for strategy RPG.

The game is described as a turn-based tactical RPG, so it's definitely not WoW in terms of gameplay.

I’ll wait for gameplay footage but nothing about this game has wowed me so far

And what’s up with the graphics? When I first saw the trailer I thought this would surely be a crappy mobile game

Am I the only one who can't get past the bizarre just-barely-renaming of Midnight *Suns*?

The change from Sons to Suns does seem odd. I guess they're changing it due to the roster not being all male.

Also, the trailer look like a trailer for a mobile game. So I wonder if the graphics of the trailer is similar to the gameplay or if the trailer was just cg.

I think I will likely pass on this as "turn based" just doesn't appeal to me.

Am I the only one who can't get past the bizarre just-barely-renaming of Midnight *Suns*?

The change from Sons to Suns does seem odd. I guess they're changing it due to the roster not being all male.

Also, the trailer look like a trailer for a mobile game. So I wonder if the graphics of the trailer is similar to the gameplay or if the trailer was just cg.

I think I will likely pass on this as "turn based" just doesn't appeal to me.
While the original team wasn't really all-male either (Victoria Montessi and Louise Hastings were on the team), I do think they may want to use a more gender neutral name. Besides that I think it ties into the plot of the game. The logo for it is a sun, and we see everyone in their new black-gold outfits with things like Stark's arc reactor, Cap's shield and Nico's Staff of One blazing with radiant flames (also Robbie, Illiyana and Carol too but in places where they already have fire or energy usually so it doesn't stand out as much) and a bunch of glowing runes over them. So I'm guessing the whole team gets powered up by some ancient sun god that the new character ties in with or something, and that's why they're "Suns".

While the original team wasn't really all-male either (Victoria Montessi and Louise Hastings were on the team), I do think they may want to use a more gender neutral name. Besides that I think it ties into the plot of the game. The logo for it is a sun, and we see everyone in their new black-gold outfits with things like Stark's arc reactor, Cap's shield and Nico's Staff of One blazing with radiant flames (also Robbie, Illiyana and Carol too but in places where they already have fire or energy usually so it doesn't stand out as much) and a bunch of glowing runes over them. So I'm guessing the whole team gets powered up by some ancient sun god that the new character ties in with or something, and that's why they're "Suns".
Thanks for the explanation.

Cards-based gameplay inspired by Slay the Spire and Steamworld Quest. Supposedly, it's 40+ hours and is also inspired by Mass Effect and Fire Emblem.

I've enjoyed StS from the few hours I've played, but I'll have to see how the cards system plays out in action especially in a squad game.

Not a massive fan of it being a turn-based strategy game to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"