Marvel's September 2013 Solicitations

Looks like Journey into Mystery is cancelled. I kind of liked it.

I don't like that I finally try to get back into an ongoing X-Men book and bam, five issues in and it's already stuck in a 10-part crossover.

That X-men crossover sounds ridiculous. So the future X-men travel to the past aka the present day X-men because they want the present day X-men to send back the past X-men who recently were transported to their future back to past or they'll be disastrous results. Then all this versions of the X-men are going to fight each other. Isn't this just super new reader friendly?

Looks like Journey into Mystery is cancelled. I kind of liked it.

RIP Gambit too. :(

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for not reading it. :cmad:

Not surprised about JiM. Winter Soldier, Dark Avengers, X-Factor and Red She Hulk were already cancelled and they're around the same sales range. Morbius is somewhere around there as well but I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Next up on the chopping block is probably Venom, which becomes Marvel's lowest selling ongoing at 21K.

I still hold a grudge against Morbius because of that stupid 699.1 issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

21k is still ok IMO

man, not much really interesting me or jumps out at me in terms of the solicits...i guess I'm down with infinity but It's all new type stuff and I dont really get excited from the covers.

Morbius is cancelled... those solits state that #9 is the last issue...

:csad:

I'm sure he was saying both but honestly, it was a "dead man walking" once Gillen left.

I'm not to upset about Morbius. I didn't really like the book. I hope Venom and Scarlet Spider's sales hold steady. Perhaps the upcoming crossover with Superior will help.

The Fearless Defenders cover is funny. Hope it also means Elsa Bloodstone is joining the cast. :up:

This is such a weird month of comics for me. I typically have what I'm buying down when I read the solicits but I honestly don't know what to expect in September. Between Villains month over at DC ranging anywhere between 5 and 12 comics for the month (and at $4 for every comic that month, I'm leaning toward 5) and my uncertainty whether I'll be buying Infinity or not, and if I do how many tie-ins... I just don't know. Then there's the uncertainty if I'll buy Superior Spider-Man for Spidey 2099 or not (depending on how long that lasts).

I think I've figured my monthly bill to fall somewhere between $65 and $115. That's crazy uncertain and I don't like it.

Not a big stand-out month. I don't mind the 10-part crossover. It will only take two months to tell. Plus, I'm not upset seeing Morbius cancelled. It hasn't done a dang thing for me. I feel the same way with Venom and Scarlet Spider. Venom isn't anything like it started out as being. Reminder did the best job with that title.

Gambit has been decent; but it suffers because I just don't care much for the character. This series hasn't done much to improve upon that. About the only solo series that has surprised me with being so amazingly good is Hawkeye.

Kathryn Immonen has confirmed that JiM is cancelled in August.

I don't mind the 10-part crossover. It will only take two months to tell.

And that's the problem. People complained about events and how expensive they were and Marvel's figured out a way to do even MORE events in a year. I mean, Age of Ultron is just finishing up and we have Infinity starting and then the X-Men crossover a month later and it'll all be wrapped up before the end of the year. It's definitely helped on my cut list. As of this moment I only buy 8 of their titles and would like to drop some more of those. That's pretty crazy when maybe four or five years ago I was buying about 90% of their line.

-It didn't even take a year for Marvel Now to start tying books into events and crossovers. It looks like there aren't quite as many tie-ins as past events, at least.
-How popular a writer is Al Ewing? It struck me as odd that Marvel would put a $4 price tag on a series with b-list characters, but if his novels have enough of a fanbase to give him some draw power, I can see it. Looks like a cool book, though I'm never excited to see Greg Land's name on a cover.
-Thunderbolts might be good too but I'll probably pass since it's an event tie-in.
-I'll definitely read Jock's Savage Wolverine when it hits the trade. I love his art.
-Superior Foes of Spider-Man looks cool and like the creators, but it's laughable to call a series "the year's sleeper hit" when it hasn't released an issue yet.

Oh, it's been less than a year, but let's not forget the fantastic double shippings! Each title has had somewhere around 428 issues since the Now Initiative started, so we're actually OVERDUE for a big company-spanning, life changing, NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AND CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH EVENT!!!! We should thank Marvel by giving them even more money for fear of skipping an issue of an title that we've already overpaid on for the year. Isn't that swell?!!!!

:awesome:

Last edited:
The way some people talk on here makes me surprised anyone reads Marvel. Lots of hate and negativity.

I'm looking forward to Infinity and Battle of the Atom.

The way some people talk on here makes me surprised anyone reads Marvel. Lots of hate and negativity.

I'm looking forward to Infinity and Battle of the Atom.

May I remind you this is the internet and hate and negativity is it's fuel...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"