Marvel's Spider-Man Coming to Disney XD

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by BatsDC, Oct 8, 2016.

1. BatsDC Side-Kicker

[​IMG]

USA Today

2. GR8GODZILLAGOD That's Mr. Newbie to you.

Can't possibly be worse than Ultimate Spider-Man... RIGHT!?

3. Slick Yup

We'll see.

4. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Gives me hope. Insecurity is much better than naivety, so already that's a big plus.

5. darthcoolness3 Registered

Watch Disney end up being cheap and just reboot the animation style and use the same voice cast as Ultimate Spider-Man

6. spiderman2 Registered

lol I like the art style of ultimate spidy but ever thing else sucks and this art thing already looks different.

7. Thundercrack85 Registered

I have trouble imagining anything worse, but let's not tempt them.

8. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

USM was complete garbage. So happy that is done and over with in the near future. Not sure how I feel about hiring people from Robot Chicken and Avengers Assemble. RC is at least funny and entertaining but AA is almost as bad as USM. Especially when you compare it to EMH.

However,
    this little tidbit is something of value. Please, oh please, let this be good.

9. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

I'm not sure how I feel about Peter going to "Horizon High School" just because the setting of Horizon Labs as a high school environment doesn't sound very appealing to me (we have a Horizon high school in Arizona here so at first I said "So it's in Arizona").

I read one liveblog saying they showed a clip with Spidey trying to stop bank robbers and he was wearing a proto suit that looked like the Tobey Maguire wrestling costume. Vulture showed up because Homecoming but nobody said if he looks close to how he does in the movie.

10. Kev4000 Registered

That would be a hard challenge, yes. :drl:

11. ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

I mean, guess we gotta wait and see.

12. Slick Yup

Looked at some of the footage descriptions and they sound fun. Interesting that this really seems like a origin story for Spidey. I wonder if he makes his classic suit or is it made for him by some other party.

13. SonicWarrior Fastest Thang Alive.....

YES!!!! Thank God Ultimate is finally done. The artstyle for Spidey in the banner here gives me Spectacular vibes. I hope the show in general can be on par with it. I also hope my boi Josh Keaton can get his job back, y'know! Lol.

14. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

So are they rebooting their Avengers show as well? If I'm not mistaken, USM occurs in the same universe as AA, so despite the crappiness of both shows, I would assume they'd want to continue Spidey sharing a universe with their other characters.

15. SonicWarrior Fastest Thang Alive.....

Maybe...? I mean, they could be trying to overhaul the entire Marvel Animated Universe.

16. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

Maybe it's nothing, but since Spidey is going to be interacting with the rest of the MCU I would assume they'd want to cross-brand (and make as much money as possible) by doing the same in the animation department, but it would be weird if they just threw this new Spidey into the same universe the old one used to inhabit, right?

17. bigdaddy313 Registered

They don't need to connect the shows to be honest if all shows are different continuity it makes things easier to be self contained and better stories to tell.

18. SonicWarrior Fastest Thang Alive.....

I dunno man... The DCAU didn't have much of a problem with it.

#18 SonicWarrior, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  19. SonicWarrior Fastest Thang Alive.....

Right. So I hope this new show will take more influence from Spectacular while a new Avengers show would do the same for Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Then the two shows could be apart of a newer, better Marvel Animated Universe.

20. Darepool Registered

Really tough to get excited. The animation department and XD took a dump on their (THE) greatest character to cater to really dumb 6 year olds. This could be great but they'll have to prove it like they did with Rebels. Will likely be another slap in the face.

#20 Darepool, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  21. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

Bring back Weisman, dammit.

22. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

I'm not asking what's easiest or best, I'm asking from a branding/monetary value perspective... Disney is not doing this for fun, they're doing it so they can make more money. I'd be surprised if they think they can market solo Spider-Man more than "connected" Spider-Man, especially if they just gained the ability to connect live action Spidey in the MCU.

:up: It's not about the ability to tell better stories in an unshared universe, it's about good stories in general. I feel pretty secure thinking that if Weismann & Co. had access to the wider Marvel U during SSM they could have done amazing things.

:hmr: pls Marvel

23. SonicWarrior Fastest Thang Alive.....

Weisman in charge of the Marvel Animated Universe would be like Bruce Timm to the DC Animated Universe.

24. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

I'm already heartbroken enough that it didn't happen, don't make me feel worse :(

25. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

He and Brandon Vietti did create a DC Animated Universe of their own. :cwink: