Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TASM2 suit.

Maybe with Del Otto style eyes and a different Spider logo.

Classic suit with the fat spider on the back

I'm very much an advocate for brighter colors and the circular back emblem. This would be ideal in terms of those requirements:

Spider-Man_back.ashx

I too would love a circular back spider.

If they really are going to reboot a second time, I say they go all out.

There are things I like about both the Raimi and TASM2 costumes. Essentially, I'd be happy with the Raimi suit + the TASM 2 eyepieces. It's a toss-up between the emblems; they did a good job with both interpretations.

If there's one thing that either franchise hasn't been lacking, it's aesthetics.

Aesthetics.

Oh yes, did ASM2 have aesthetics.

I've traveled back in time to 2010. I can go bet on the World Cup results and make me a fortune. :oldrazz:

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if they went a little off-book (it'll be the THIRD incarnation in less than 20 years, this will need to set itself apart) and decided to change the costume around a little bit, like we've seen in several concept arts. Something like the old Alex Ross redesign?

spiderman4.jpg

I'm very much an advocate for brighter colors and the circular back emblem. This would be ideal in terms of those requirements:

Spider-Man_back.ashx

Basically this on the asm2 suit. The asm2 suit is basically perfect and so we don't really need a change but I would like to see the big spider emble like this.

This is another area where I'd hope Sony don't go ahead with their own reboot and make nice with Marvel. I can't help but think of the numerous pieces of concept art for TASM they tried before choosing the TASM costume. There were so many eyesores there. Just seems like another example of people throwing anything at the wall and wondering what sticks.

Sombody had to do it!

I'm pretty sure someone said the same thing about all those 'El Barto' tags sprayed round Springfield too. :oldrazz:

I've been saying it for a while, circular back spider FTW!

Marvel isn't going to use Sony's Spider-Man suit..

Why not? All the spider man suits are bascily perfect other then the very very ugly asm1 suit and I think it is about 99% impossible for a sm suit to be better then asm2. The asm2 suit was bascily the raimi suit with bigger eyes and no muscle suit in it.

This is another area where I'd hope Sony don't go ahead with their own reboot and make nice with Marvel. I can't help but think of the numerous pieces of concept art for TASM they tried before choosing the TASM costume. There were so many eyesores there. Just seems like another example of people throwing anything at the wall and wondering what sticks.

I'm pretty sure someone said the same thing about all those 'El Barto' tags sprayed round Springfield too. :oldrazz:

The asm suit was an eyesore lol

Basically this on the asm2 suit. The asm2 suit is basically perfect and so we don't really need a change but I would like to see the big spider emble like this.

:up:

I still think they could've gone with a lighter blue for the asm2 suit, bit it's quite possible that could come out looking ridiculous in live action.

I would love to get something fabricy for the first time.

imagine this with the glass lenses. heck, I wouldn't mind the lack of lenses either

marvel-ultimate-alliance-character-bonanza-20060926001312778-000.jpg

that material, then they'd just have to work the pattern design on it well & sleek enough to make it qualify for a movie suit. The thing is, even though TASM2 costume was great, it was perhaps a little too great... I just think that a fabric costume would drive the point home on what kind of superhero Spider-man is. Regardless of the wacky big adventures he has battling some of his big powerful villains, he is essentially a down to earth kind of guy. In the way that Batman is Bruce's real persona, Spider-man is pretty much just Peter Parker with a mask

Last edited:
Why not? All the spider man suits are bascily perfect other then the very very ugly asm1 suit and I think it is about 99% impossible for a sm suit to be better then asm2. The asm2 suit was bascily the raimi suit with bigger eyes and no muscle suit in it.
I'm pretty sure Marvel will distant themselves from Sony's version as much as possible. Marvel is going to put their own spin on Spidey: that means no reused costumes from Sony's series.
we both know they aren't going to be using the same suit.
Spidey's costume can be done much better than TASM2 suit. it isn't the IDEAL Spider-Man suit, and I loved TASM1 suit.

I liked it back when it came out, but now I think it's a pretty meh suit

When I saw it in the movie I thought it didn't look has bad has when I saw it in set photos but still looked ugly.

I'm pretty sure Marvel will distant themselves from Sony's version as much as possible. Marvel is going to put their own spin on Spidey: that means no reused costumes from Sony's series.
we both know they aren't going to be using the same suit.
Spidey's costume can be done much better than TASM2 suit. it isn't the IDEAL Spider-Man suit, and I loved TASM1 suit.

asm2 isn't the ideal suit and you love asm1 suit whattttttttttttttttt?:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"