Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could be like me, and continue to root for O'Brien despite the odds being against it.

I mean, my avatar has two very likely choices with one highly unlikely choice but I'm still gonna keep him there since I'm a fan (and he favorited/retweeted me on Twitter :woot:).
Who is the unlikely one? and who are the two highly likely ones?

Who is the unlikely one?

Martella. :funny:

and who are the two highly likely ones?

Lerman, who's been up for the role since pre-TASM days.
Highmore, who's become something of a breakout star and his name has been floated around with a bunch of others for potential PP/Spidey, so there's a chance he could get it.

Out of Highmore and Lerman, I'd like to see Highmore get it for the simple reason that a lot of his roles gave me Peter Parker vibes, even when he's playing Norman Bates at times.

Combine that with his acting ability, innocent demeanor, baby face and humor he's shown in Astro-Boy and Bates Motel, I think he'd strike the perfect balance between Peter and Spidey.

However, I'd be just as happy if Lerman got it.

Martella. :funny:

Lerman, who's been up for the role since pre-TASM days.
Highmore, who's become something of a breakout star and his name has been floated around with a bunch of others for potential PP/Spidey, so there's a chance he could get it.

Out of Highmore and Lerman, I'd like to see Highmore get it for the simple reason that a lot of his roles gave me Peter Parker vibes, even when he's playing Norman Bates at times.

Combine that with his acting ability, innocent demeanor, baby face and humor he's shown in Astro-Boy and Bates Motel, I think he'd strike the perfect balance between Peter and Spidey.

However, I'd be just as happy if Lerman got it.
I gotta give it to you man, for sticking with Martella, even when all odds are against him.
That's confidence :up:

I gotta give it to you man, for sticking with Martella, even when all odds are against him.
That's confidence :up:

Whether he did it out of kindness or out of interest, he favorited and retweeted me when I told him he'd make a great Peter/Spidey.

Now I wait until I read that he's auditioning. *I hope :woo:*
(he voiced Robin -Jason Todd- in Batman: Under The Red Hood AND he was in a mega episode on Phineas and Ferb when they had the Mission Marvel stuff going on which had Spidey featured, so he's definitely familiar with stuff like that so while there's not much of a chance at all it'd work out, I'm still crossing my fingers).

Thanks, by the way. :woot:

I think the costume should resemble the comic Spider-Man suit in its entirety right down to the big round spider on Spider-Man's back. What better way to announce it's Marvel's Spider-Man by making it Marvel's Spider-Man.

He needs a crappy looking home made looking suit. They can do that for the cameos since they're not resting their income solely on him. Upgrade his suit for his solo movie.

giphy.gif

Something like that to start off with. Contrast him to the more polished looking MCU heroes.

Never going to happen.
Sony AND Marvel will want a costume that looks slick and marketable.

Never going to happen.
Sony AND Marvel will want a costume that looks slick and marketable.

cap, batman, previous spideys, iron man all had crappy looking protosuits. If Spider-man is making a cameo, they're not banking on his suit. For his solo movie he gets an upgrade and they use that for marketing. Not that farfetched.

Anything but the huge bug eyes from TASM2!
That was my main gripe about that suit, the eyes are too cartoony. I don't see a reason for Marvel to go back to the USM-inspired suit, give us something NEW!
I want the more slanted menacing eyes from the ditko/romita days, I also want darker black.

I still very much like the large 'Bagley' eyes from ASM2's suit. But I prefer the Ditko/Romita eyes more so I'd prefer the change to those, however if they kept the larger eyes seen on that ASM2 suit, well, great.

In terms of color. Bright red and blue. It seems they keep going darker and darker with the colors in all the Spidey movies, ASM2 had the darkest blue yet if I'm not mistaken. I prefer bright colors.

My ideal Live-Action Spidey suit:
Lenses: ASM2 or Mark Bagley style. One of these would be perfect for Spidey. For thoes who say Bagley's style cant be done, Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblTHQEMR8A It CAN be done. I wouldn't mind Mcfarlane eyes though.

Color: Bring back Raimi's color palette. If there's one thing I'll criticize about ASM2's suit, was that the Red was a little too pinkish. Bring back Raimi's choice of red. The Blues can be a little more brighter than ASM2.

Logo: They should use the Ultimate versions of the classic Logo. Both front & back.

Basic design of the suit: ASM2. That's all.

Web Wings: If Marvel uses them, they should be shredded & small. It would look unconformable & stupid if there was a cloth under Spidey's arms. Heck, they look stupid even in the comics.

Other designs I would love:
Ben Reilly's Spider-Man
Black Suit
Spectacular [TV]

If they go with the big eyes again, they should go with the McFarlane eyes. Those are great.

Last edited:
McFarlane eyes would be cool. I dug those!

Though, I think if we're getting the definitive Spider-Man for the MCU, I'd like to see JRJR style eyes. Note they are distinctive in that the black and the white shapes are two different shapes, giving an irregular and thicker frame (when compared to the ASM2 suit, which had a good size and shape black).

A little nitpick, but I really want the emblem to be able to breathe and not get lost in the web pattern:

Spiderman+Animated+Series+HINDI+toonnetworkindia.co.in.jpg

I think that was why the webbing was silver instead of black.

Why does everyone mistaken the webs for being silver?

The Webb suits definitely had black webbing. It was the Raimi suits that had the ugly silver webbing.

I don't like when the spider logo is seperated from the webbing. Especially when there's too much space around it like in that screencap. The spider doesn't get lost in the webbing if it's big enough and stylized enough.

The Webb suits definitely had black webbing. It was the Raimi suits that had the ugly silver webbing.

I don't like when the spider logo is seperated from the webbing. Especially when there's too much space around it like in that screencap. The spider doesn't get lost in the webbing if it's big enough and stylized enough.

ASM1 was Black webs. ASM2 was a darker shade of silver.

Ya Webbs was black, just the material was slightly reflective. Raimi's were outright silvery (and gross)

I'm pretty sure they were dark grey.

I do believe there is a gentlemen on these forums who says he has seen the suit live in person, and can confirm the webs are indeed a jet black. So no sir they are not grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"