Mary, Queen of Scots (Saoirse Ronan)

This, Collette and the Marvelous Mrs. Masiel. I am going to very much enjoy the Fall. :woot:

Yea the royal families of Europe are this whole convoluted interrelated web and half of them aren't ethnically from wherever they're ruling.

The Thames is pronounced "Temz" because the German King of England couldn't say it the way it's spelled.

That is why it is said that way? :lmao:

The history of Britain is something I will never get enough of. So much conquering, so much craziness. Real life Game of Thrones, minus the dragons... or maybe not. :o

That is why it is said that way?
First King George of the Hanover dynasty from which the current royal family is descended. Windsor was originally Wittin, changed during WWI due to anti-German sentiment in Britain.

Queen Elizabeth's great-great grandmother Queen Victoria spoke only German until she was three years old, she and Prince Albert (who was her cousin and a German prince) spoke German together, and Victoria hired tutors to eliminate her German accent and make her seem "more British".

Also Kaiser Wilhelm II, head of Germany during WWI, was Victoria's eldest grandchild and Czar Nicholas II’s cousin. Czar Nicholas’s ancestry was mostly German and Danish.

So convoluted.

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth is related to every monarch in Europe.

First King George of the Hanover dynasty from which the current royal family is descended. Windsor was originally Wittin, changed during WWI due to anti-German sentiment in Britain.

Queen Elizabeth's great-great grandmother Queen Victoria spoke only German until she was three years old, she and Prince Albert (who was her cousin and a German prince) spoke German together, and Victoria hired tutors to eliminate her German accent and make her seem "more British".

Also Kaiser Wilhelm II, head of Germany during WWI, was Victoria's eldest grandchild and Czar Nicholas II’s cousin. Czar Nicholas’s ancestry was mostly German and Danish.

So convoluted.

Victoria wasn't called the "Grandmother of Europe" for nothing. Also if you look at photos of King George V of Great Britain and Czar Nicholas II, who was his cousin, they could almost be taken for twins they look so similar.

And Prince Philip, the current Queen's husband, is of Greek and Danish descent.

Victoria wasn't called the "Grandmother of Europe" for nothing. Also if you look at photos of King George V of Great Britain and Czar Nicholas II, who was his cousin, they could almost be taken for twins they look so similar.

And Prince Philip, the current Queen's husband, is of Greek and Danish descent.
But Maghan Markle has some of them spooked. :o

Wait hold on... you mean to tell me they make historical dramas where they are loose on facts in favor for dramatization? That's unheard of. :o

*throws my 300 bluray in the trash*

Haha yeah I know shocking! Like the marketing for “the imitation game” which was about Alan Turning and his VERY HETEROSEXUAL WIFE WHOM HE LOVES VERY MUCH NO FUNNY BUSINESS

Really? Because the trailer that I saw hinted at Turing's homosexuality pretty blatantly.

So convoluted.

VOX released a video of this in May:

[YT]5w30XgACSAg[/YT]

Haha yeah I know shocking! Like the marketing for “the imitation game” which was about Alan Turning and his VERY HETEROSEXUAL WIFE WHOM HE LOVES VERY MUCH NO FUNNY BUSINESS
You mean like when they say he isn't attracted to women in the trailer, and point out that is illegal?

[YT]S5CjKEFb-sM[/YT]

Every European monarch can trace their ancestry back to Rollo.

There's probably a link somewhere between Queen Elizabeth and Prince Albert of Monaco, either through his father, Prince Ranier or his mother, Grace Kelly.

Every one with European blood can trace their ancestry back to European royalty if you can far back in time enough.

Millions of people are related to Charlamagne due to Europe having a small population during his life time and him having 18 kids who then had their own offspring and so on.

Good! I know we're bound to be in for a lot of "wahhh not historically accurate!" but I'm still pumped for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"