Arrow Matt Nable is Ra's Al Ghul

Neeson was not an option, TDKT is completely stand alone:

Goyer also said that there was never a chance of Batman and Superman's worlds combining under Nolan's watch, despite both men working across the films. “Chris made it very clear that he wanted those three Christian Bale movies to stand alone and be their own thing. I knew there was no chance whatsoever that that version of Batman would ever cross over with Superman.”

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2013/sep/24/david-s-goyer-dark-knight-call-of-duty

Besides, Arrow's Ra's is a different version, closer to the comics. We'll see if Nable nails it, time will tell.

Well they seem to be breaking their habit of having British guys play Ra's. David Warner in the DCAU, Liam Neeson in the Nolan films, and Jason Isaacs in the Under the Red Hood animated movie. Now we've gotten Oded Fehr in the YJ show and then this guy.

I'm a little upset we're getting another white Ra's al Ghul, but I don't doubt that the actor will do fine.

I'm not going to be convinced he isn't just playing a decoy for Ra's until the first few episodes with him air.

Until then, he's Ubu to me. :o

I gotta say, I'm very disappointed...I really wanted Liam Neeson to get the part.:csad:

Neeson was not an option, TDKT est completely stand alone:

Besides, Arrow's Ra's is a different version, closer to the comics. We'll see if Nable nails it, time will tell.

If Neeson was not an option, that completely unrelated article is not the reason.

Neeson's schedule would never allow him to work on a TV show filmed in Canada. He's currently filming and has 4 or 5 films coming out over the next two years. His 'in ea heartbeat' comment was basically just him saying that he enjoyed playing the character.

Disappointed. Wanted Neeson.

I doubt CW had the money to pay Liam plus he's a very busy man I doubt he wanted to be on a TV show rather than been paid the big bucks and be in movies.

Last edited:
Did that interviewer specifically mention Arrow when asking Neeson the question or did the person just bring up Ra's al Ghul without mentioning the show?

I'm sure a small cameo isn't out of their budget. Maybe he'll come in at the end after Green Arrow has defeated the Nable Ra's and reveal that he was Ra's all along, like in the movie. No fight scene, no nothing, just a reveal at the end, similar to an after credits scene.

Why exactly are people so hung up on Liam reprising his role as Ra's? While I admit I enjoyed his version, it wasn't the iconic Ra's from the comic or BTAS, which it seems is what they are going for in Arrow. Also there was never any realistic chance of it happening anyways.

Why exactly are people so hung up on Liam reprising his role as Ra's? While I admit I enjoyed his version, it wasn't the iconic Ra's from the comic or BTAS, which it seems is what they are going for in Arrow. Also there was never any realistic chance of it happening anyways.

tumblr_inline_nbcxxqDZJN1qkfalp.gif

Pleas enough with the Liam Neeson whining already.

I'm sure a small cameo isn't out of their budget. Maybe he'll come in at the end after Green Arrow has defeated the Nable Ra's and reveal that he was Ra's all along, like in the movie. No fight scene, no nothing, just a reveal at the end, similar to an after credits scene.

Don't get ur hopes up to be honest I actually be more happy if it was Oded Fehr more than Liam Neason. But they Casted Nable learn to live with it.

"We want Neeson as Ra's"
Ra's gets cast
"Another white Ra's? seriously?"
"They should've cast Neeson"

Forum logic baffles me to say the least.

"We want Neeson as Ra's"
Ra's gets cast

One forum user: "We want Neeson as Ra's"
A different forum user: "Another white Ra's? seriously?
An entirely different forum user: "They should have casts Neeson"

KillerMcQueen: "I don't understand how different people have different opinions. This forum logic baffles me."

"We want Neeson as Ra's"
Ra's gets cast

Yep exactly. Now obviously there was people that didn't want Neeson or a White Ra's.

But i've seen a good amount that wanted Neeson and are complaining about "another White Ra's"

One forum user: "We want Neeson as Ra's"
A different forum user: "Another white Ra's? seriously?
An entirely different forum user: "They should have casts Neeson"

KillerMcQueen: "I don't understand how different people have different opinions. This forum logic baffles me."

He's talking about the people that were saying they wanted Neeson and then when Nable was announced got on the "not another white Ra's" train.

Neeson was not an option, TDKT is completely stand alone:

Casting the same actor as a character doesn't mean the universes are connected.

I´m glad it´s not Liam Neeson(but I also wanted Oded Fehr).
Would make no sense to use the same Ra´s from Nolan´s trilogy. This is a different universe.

Casting the same actor as a character doesn't mean the universes are connected.

Of course, but TPTB don't want any confusion, people expecting the same Ra's Al Ghul from the movies, etc. Neeson talked with his heart, but he's a very busy actor and the CW doesn't have great actors like him for a reason, they're not prestigious like HBO.

I understand. Especially now considering all the hoopla fan debates on why or why not Arrow should be connected to the current DCU.

Honestly I'm not surprised they got another white guy, I'm just shocked they got a guy who looks so friendly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"