Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could actually see them in effect doing that. Minimal direct references to the preceding films, keep the casting (apart from maybe Affleck, obviously) and other than tying any loose ends that may hang over from Justice League, just go from there. Just a thought, but maybe they've thought along those lines already and the JL reshoots are so that there aren't any loose threads left hanging, for that exact reason. Maybe.

nah if they do that they likely recast everyone.problem with sceniro which wb is capable of doing is aquaman which is suspose to take place after justice league is coming next year and surcide squad sequel is suspose to be according to rumor be the second 2019 dc film.

wb has had problems with the flash just as they had with the batman.and another superman film is in limbo.gotham city sirens also seems to have gone into limbo.

could wb treat wonder woman and aquaman as both the start of dc shared universe and soon pretend mos,BVS,and JL was self contained trilogy like dark knight trilogy? sure they could

nah if they do that they likely recast everyone.problem with sceniro which wb is capable of doing is aquaman which is suspose to take place after justice league is coming next year and surcide squad sequel is suspose to be according to rumor be the second 2019 dc film.

wb has had problems with the flash just as they had with the batman.and another superman film is in limbo.gotham city sirens also seems to have gone into limbo.

could wb treat wonder woman and aquaman as both the start of dc shared universe and soon pretend mos,BVS,and JL was self contained trilogy like dark knight trilogy? sure they could

I guess they could but it would be weird if they kept more than 50% of the actors/characters just do they could reset Batman.

I guess they could but it would be weird if they kept more than 50% of the actors/characters just do they could reset Batman.

i think it's perhapes more likely they just recast batman but this is wb so you can't ignore possibly they do reboot of some kind or time travel nonesense plot.

with aquaman coming next year if that is well received doudtful they wouldn't
do more with aquaman.it's the batman,flash,and superman which is up though they seem to want to keep going with their joker and harley so maybe they just recast.though if wb plans to address change onscreen a new timeline creation is likely how.i doudt they would have another character as batman that isn't bruce wayne in films.

I always felt from the beginning that Affleck taking such a foundational role in WB/DC's cinematic universe was a risky proposition, given all his other filmmaking aspirations. I really think he made a mistake by taking this role in the first place. Snyder lured him in with that sweet, sweet Dark Knight Returns-influenced candy, and I think he's realizing that it maybe wasn't the best decision.

Interesting to see how they'll handle this, if he indeed doesn't come back. Regardless, I don't see him committing to a full trilogy.

I love Affleck as batman but I can admit that recasting is probably a good idea for the future of the DCEU.
Especially if they want to keep batman at the center of it.
Affleck has seemed kinda like he's ready to jump off since BvS.
Casting someone who is ready to commit to it for a long time would be a good idea.

Oh Ben. :(

He should have never gotten into bed with Zack Snyder.

It was over before it even started...

At this point everything is so sour that I feel no matter what direction they head in, I'll be pissed and turned off.

Not a shock if it turns out true.

Matt Reeves is much more important to me than Affleck playing Batman. Ben was great as Snyder's take on Batman, but since we've had so many actors play Bruce Wayne, and I didn't really like what Snyder'was doing, I'm not upset about Zack Snyder's Batman probably being done. I would have been cool with him returning but I have no attachment to his portrayal like I have with Bale, Conroy, or Keaton.

I thought Affleck was fine in the role but him going before the Reeves trilogy is probably for the best, I don't think his heart has been in it since BvS was such a critical dud and I doubt he's physically or mentally up for a Batman trilogy that will take close to ten years from now to complete, most likely.

I don't think they need to aknowledge it in the films, just do it like they do with James Bond, and while they are at it they can do the same with The Joker.

I would actually agree with that. If you're recasting Batman do a clean slate for all the villains.

So Ben will probably join the ranks of Val kilmer in the Batman actors pantheon if he does leave.

How so? Ben has 3 Batman appearances.

If anything I think Ben will be unique among it's kind by being the only Batman who never got to headline a solo Batman film.

How so? Ben has 3 Batman appearances.

If anything I think Ben will be unique among it's kind by being the only Batman who never got to headline a solo Batman film.

I mean it more in the sense of someone who wasn't necarilly bad in the role just that they never got to be in a particularly good film.

We'll see how JL is though.

I would actually agree with that. If you're recasting Batman do a clean slate for all the villains.

Deadshot and Harley are well cast. Would be disappointed if they were replaced.

Croc and Joker DESPERATELY need to be recast ASAP.

Clooney was just as good a fit for Batman as Val, arguably a better fit. It's just the movies both were in.

No need to recast the villains, Matt can direct Jared like he did with Toby (Koba)

It's all going to depend on what Reeves wants in the end. Everyone at WB has got to be asking themselves what's in the best interest of the movie.

Sadly, I really think this has alot to do with Affleck's ego being bruised. BvS wasn't the success he thought it was going to be. I think he had been convinced that there was no way that could turn out the way it did. Then to find out your script is being tossed? Ben seems like a really sensitive guy, and I think he just got it all up in his feels...

Clooney was just as good a fit for Batman as Val, arguably a better fit. It's just the movies both were in.

Clooney admits he was horrible in the role.

Kilmer is actually seen in somewhat of a positive light in Forever as he was the only one not sort of hamming it up there.

Clooney obviously didn't take the Batman role seriously not saying that's a fault of his though based on the direction of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"