Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was pretty obvious that this is what he meant.

Sounds like backtracking to me, or should I say BAT-TRACKING!

So does that mean they will ignore that Gothan and Metropolis are across the street from each other?

Sounds like backtracking to me, or should I say BAT-TRACKING!

I don't think you should ever say that. :o

And accusations of back-tracking would seem more plausible to me if we weren't dealing with a fanbase that's consistently knee-jerky, on edge, and ready to start a street riot over the tiniest perceived slight.

I think what he's saying adds up. Look at where we are now. A Spider-Man film that had a whole lot of Iron Man, a Captain America film with 80% of Marvel's leads in it, and a Batman vs. Superman that had the entire main cast of Justice League jammed in there. Every f***ing Marvel movie has a commercial for the next one at the end of it. So it doesn't surprise me for him to say "No, this isn't a Batman featuring WW, Flash, Superman, etc. film, it's a Batman film" and have the media and the fanbase go crazy with speculation.

So it's a standalone. Alright. A standalone episode of a TV series doesn't automatically become an episode of an entirely different TV series. It's just not going to be overwhelmed or weighed down by all those outside elements.

That seems pretty definitive, although it says a lot about the state of this universe that I'm still slightly skeptical about how authentic the statement is.

Yeah it was pretty obvious that this is what he meant.

How is that obvious? He said it was not part of the "extended universe" and that is literally the name of the universe that it's a part of. I don't think anyone can be faulted for taking him at his word.

Last edited:
Could WW be seen as a stand-alone film by this definition? As 90%+ of the film had no connections/allusions to the greater DCEU.

I don't think you should ever say that. :o

And accusations of back-tracking would seem more plausible to me if we weren't dealing with a fanbase that's consistently knee-jerky, on edge, and ready to start a street riot over the tiniest perceived slight.

I think what he's saying adds up. Look at where we are now. A Spider-Man film that had a whole lot of Iron Man, a Captain America film with 80% of Marvel's leads in it, and a Batman vs. Superman that had the entire main cast of Justice League jammed in there. Every f***ing Marvel movie has a commercial for the next one at the end of it. So it doesn't surprise me for him to say "No, this isn't a Batman featuring WW, Flash, Superman, etc. film, it's a Batman film" and have the media and the fanbase go crazy with speculation.

So it's a standalone. Alright. A standalone episode of a TV series doesn't automatically become an episode of an entirely different TV series. It's just not going to be overwhelmed or weighed down by all those outside elements.

Honestly, this is how I interpreted his words from the start.

Could WW be seen as a stand-alone film by this definition? As 90%+ of the film had no connections/allusions to the greater DCEU.
Yes, because nothing in the film requires you to see other DCEU films for it to make sense. Even the opening sequence with the photograph and explained within the movie itself, since we see the photo actually being taken.

Last edited:
Ahhh over-analyzation.

Eh I never felt he was right for Deathstroke any how and to be honest Deathstroke is a pretty boring villain. There's a dozen villains I'd like to see on film before him.

I always thought Joe would make a great Hawkman!

I feel like an ideal Deathstroke would be the same age or older than Batman, so Joe in the role seemed... odd.

Isn't Joe around the same age as Ben?

Joe's 5 years Ben's junior.

He'd be an intriguing choice, at least we won't have to worry about his physique for the next decade or so.

How is that obvious? He said it was not part of the "extended universe" and that is literally the name of the universe that it's a part of. I don't think anyone can be faulted for taking him at his word.

It's obvious because of the context in which it was said. On some podcast, over a month ago. He wouldn't be allowed to drop something huge like that in that context. Frankly I'm surprised so many news outlets took it as a breaking news story.

He did pretty much contextualize it back when he said it.

It's obvious because of the context in which it was said. On some podcast, over a month ago. He wouldn't be allowed to drop something huge like that in that context. Frankly I'm surprised so many news outlets took it as a breaking news story.

I really don't see how that matters given how direct his quote seems to be along with the fact that the DCEU, and the Batman film in particular, has been in a notable state of flux for quite some time. So unless he clarified in that same interview I believe he misspoke and that's on him.

Last edited:
I really don't see how that matters given how direct his quote seems to be along with the fact that the DCEU, and the Batman film in particular, has been in a notable state of flux for quite some time. So unless he clarified in that same interview I believe he misspoke and that's on him.

it hasn't though:funny:

I could CARE LESS if this movie in continuity of the DC movieverse or not.
I just want GOOD to GREAT Batman movies.
:)

it hasn't though:funny:

Tell me, when was that supposed to start shooting again? When's it coming out now? How's that Affleck/Johns script coming? Who was the original director? Who is going to star as Batman? Is Deathstroke going to be the villain? I rest my case.

Latest TotalFim:

pQg4ptw.jpg

I'm beyond certain, going off of that first sentence, that fans and casual moviegoers alike have erased the memory of Alicia Silverstone's Barbara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"