Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're probably just taking this really deliberately plodding-and-slow, get it right.

Do we really want him just throwing something mediocre out there? If we have to wait until 2020 or 2021 for this, frickin' fine. Better than more of what we've been getting so far in the DCEU with Bats.
I'm not sure why only turning in one act is symbolic of that.

We dont know any details. When rumors about him being out start circling is when I'll start to sweat.

or he could turn in act 1 to Hamada and if he doesn't like it, then see you later, but if he does like it, then Reeves will polish the rest.

plus it avoids leaks, if they wanted that.

or he could turn in act 1 to Hamada and if he doesn't like it, then see you later, but if he does like it, then Reeves will polish the rest.

plus it avoids leaks, if they wanted that.

How does it avoid leaks?

I'm not sure why only turning in one act is symbolic of that.

It's not, necessarily. We're all just speculating here.

Could just be like proof-of-concept, or he knew/acknowledged he's taking longer than the other writers in the DC 'verse have so far and wanted to prove he's at least plodding away at it slow-methodical-and-steady. Have something to show the suits, maybe impress them and set them more at-ease.

In any case, after the two Apes movies and Let Me In, I'd say he's earned the benefit of the doubt as far as the way he works.

If DC's happy to leave the guy at his own pace, even maybe delay the release a little if they have to, that can only be a good thing. It sounds like they trust the guy.

Could just be like proof-of-concept, or he knew/acknowledged he's taking longer than the other writers in the DC 'verse have so far and wanted to prove he's at least plodding away at it slow-methodical-and-steady. Have something to show the suits, maybe impress them and set them more at-ease.

In any case, after the two Apes movies and Let Me In, I'd say he's earned the benefit of the doubt as far as the way he works.

If DC's happy to leave the guy at his own pace, even maybe delay the release a little if they have to, that can only be a good thing. It sounds like they trust the guy.

Remember there were rumors he was holding up others, well BOP just went ahead so they probably got everything sorted with the new management coming in, I think you could be right that's what he's doing, reassurance.

Yeah. Basically "I know it's seeming like it's taking a while, but bear with me, I'm hard at work on it. Here's 20 pages, please don't think I'm being all pretentious and writer's-block-y by taking a while, I'm on this."

Not that I think the DC suits are even worried about him, they're not. Reeves just might be taking the initiative and offering what he's got so far.

:up: :up:

Reeves’ Batman set in the Phoenix Joker universe? I’m in 100%

Get Affleck and Leto the F outta here

Imagine if it were Gosling vs Phoenix

Or even Fassbender.

Or even Fassbender.

According to Mark Hughes, it's not a done deal yet. Just something that's apparently being considered as a possibility at this stage. I bet if that were to happen, it'd be after the Joker movie hits theaters- they'll wait to see how that movie performs at the box office and with fans and critics before deciding to merge its canon with Reeves' films.

And more to the point, if it does happen, I wouldn't be surprised if they recast the Joker anyway. I'm not sure he'd be convinced to stick around for more than one film. We'll see what happens there though.

Or even Fassbender.

Fassbender as Batman was my fan-casting after Nolan's trilogy ended.

Isn't Phoenix's Joker origin flick set in the 80s, though?

If they're casting around Gyllenhaal's general age for Bats in the Reeves movie, that's a potentially 60-years-old-ish Joker opposing him in 2020/2021 (whenever the movie's out) current-time.

To be fair, there's no reason The Joker needs to be young. He isn't a physical threat, he's a mastermind, as long as he can think he's dangerous.

Not saying that's my preferred way to go, but an old Joker could work.

There's not, no. But I just can't see them melding the two ideas here, a 40-something Joker in even the late 80s isn't likely going to be someone they're going to pair against a 30-35 year old Batman in the present day.

You could do it, obviously Nicholson's a good deal older than Keaton, I just suspect they wouldn't do it here.

Yeah I don't think it'll happen either.
I'm also not a fan of The Joker predating Batman, I prefer for Batman to come first and for The Joker to be a response to him.

It's possible to make the age/year thing work.

They could do say a 35 y/o pre-Joker/raw Joker in 1989 and the new Batman e.g Jake G can be a prequel to Affleck in the 1990s or 2000s, so the Joker in his prime can range from 35-55 y/o depending on what Joaquin wanna do if he chooses to do it, and say if the Joker is used in the Batman sequel that comes out in say 2023-2026, then Joaquin will be 48-51 y/o and he can play say a 50 y/o Joker set in 2004, though they don't need to specifically show the audience the exact time/year.

Heck, Joaquin might say let's do an old man logan and play a 80 year old Joker set at 2034 if he wants.

I doubt they'll go back in time from Affleck's guy. It's probably going to just be a loose continuation, same universe but not paying much attention to or referencing the Snyder stuff. Doubt they'll get into explaining the age thing if they cast younger.

Nah I wouldn't bother explaining it if I were them, just something to ponder on for the nerds and fan sites, one of the theories will work, kinda =p

Yeah, I could cope with wherever we are if I just knew where that was!

It seems as though it's still in a state of development hell, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"